Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 19F  (Read 200120 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 19F
« Reply #210 on: May 25, 2021, 06:51:21 AM »
Apparently, Reimu can paralyze your own party members if Reimu has the Barrier Expert skill and uses Exorcising.
Yeah I noticed that too. It seems to happen to party members weak to paralyze sometimes, but it doesn't seem like a heavy paralize.

Kanako suddenly became useful a few floors ago.
With good damage, descent survivability and variety in damage types I consider her top-tier. But I don't know if she always was that.

I think Iron Man's Headbands drop in infinite corridor treasure chests sometime. I have 46 of them, which would mean around one per 15 floors. I think 4-star chest have good odds to drop them.

deice

• minus mentality
    • 
« Reply #211 on: May 25, 2021, 12:46:48 PM »
I don't see it listed in the bestiary.

to my knowledge, the only bosses that drop iron man's headbands are the later infinity corridor ones like the unicorn and the ring.

« Reply #212 on: May 26, 2021, 05:41:01 AM »
With good damage, descent survivability and variety in damage types I consider her top-tier. But I don't know if she always was that.
Personally, i find kanako to be usefull in plus disk from start to finish. Without her familly skill, she was hitting enemies with <100 wind affinity with virtue for ten million damage in the final floors. With Sanae, she just rocks (or winds? Kanako is a wind god afterall), and she's only a transcendent and not Holy Blessing like Marisa (Final Omega Master Spark trumps, though).

Also, forgot about ***WINNER*** and challenged him 500 levels over the recommended level in the wiki, and found out Marisa's Final Omega Master Spark with lvl 8 H.C can almost instakill in crusade form.

« Reply #213 on: May 27, 2021, 03:39:10 AM »
I feel like it was said before but can't seem to find it. But Final Omega Master spark? Are you just embellishing the name for fun or is there some sort of Master spark upgrade in-game I'm not aware of?

« Reply #214 on: May 28, 2021, 07:46:05 AM »
Yeah, for some reason Barrier Expert applies to Reimu's Auxiliary spells too, so Exorcising Border and Great Hakurei Barrier (plus any auxiliary subclass spells you may give her) can Paralyze herself or her own party members, though the PAR chance is only around 30%, so once you've maxed out Resistance Boost on everyone, pretty much only the characters with base 0 PAR resistance can be inflicted.

Iron Man's Headbands are mostly obtained from chests in the Infinity Corridor. The later non-Touhou bosses from the IC also are guaranteed to drop one each.

Branneg Xy

• +EARTHLY MIRROR of + the TRINITESANCTISSIME+
  • HOLIEST AND SACRED FAMILY :JHS+M(ARY)+I(OSEPH)
    • Branneg Xy
    • Steam
    • (YOUTUBE by title;LINKEDIN by link) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiD63dZE4IvxDzRJ9NphWbw" FRA ALU BI Darcanix ")
« Reply #215 on: May 29, 2021, 05:14:13 PM »
I feel like it was said before but can't seem to find it. But Final Omega Master spark? Are you just embellishing the name for fun or is there some sort of Master spark upgrade in-game I'm not aware of?
Both in Labyrinth of touhou 1 and 2,any versions(except maybe a similar-looking enemy spell(?) or the skilll "transplanted in an emulator(?) ) is Marisa's Regular One,after confirming it up on ()wikis and guides,but buffed up by several buffs that makes it seems like an upgraded version(+sorcerer/archmage/magician subclasses bonuses+Marisa's "Super Advanced "equip.+special growth);sorry If i half-barge-half-chime in...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 02:42:05 PM by Branneg Xy »
1.+This Real Photo "... and the WORD became Flesh", had been shoot by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic) during THE HOLIEST CONSECRATION-MASS:The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05573a.htm#section3 , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS-HOST CONSECRATION BY the Ordanied PRIEST(S).
2(++RECOMMENDED+++) https://adoration.tyburnconvent.org.uk -https://tyburnconvent.org.uk
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references :
" FRA ALU BI Darcanix "

« Reply #216 on: May 31, 2021, 02:08:26 PM »
Deranged hasn't been around, but he's also popped back up after a few years of absence before, so it could happen again.

Yeah, some people are weird like that.

...I never did get around to proofreading the extra plusdisk stuff that RegalStar finished. Can it still be done, and if so, which are the files that I'd need to look over? I suspect it'd be Plusdisk_28-30F and Plusdisk_B11F based on the file differences between my local copy and the latest copy, but I'm not sure if there are other differences too in the other files I may have missed out.

« Reply #217 on: May 31, 2021, 10:23:17 PM »
Oh, good to see you again. Glad you found the new site.

Yes, it can still be done. There's still all sorts of issues with the current patch.

Here's the latest files. This is newer than whatever the last patch was; I've been making some small changes over the months. Nothing major, probably only typos and stuff.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wBew0NjHP9BYJ3hDerh211AZyizbvU25/view?usp=sharing

Issues I'm aware of:
  • There's the un-proofread files. You know more about this than I do.
  • plusdisk_26F.txt has some messages for opening new paths on other floors that are almost identical. (they're not all on B26, but it makes more sense to keep them together). Some were missed and haven't gotten a proper translation. The wording is almost the same in each, so they should be kept consistent
  • The last two patches removed spoilers and copyright names from the items and achievements. Some of them have been fixed, but there's a ton of items with missing descriptions. Some key items had their values change, but I think I got those, at least.
  • missing_2106.txt includes stuff that couldn't be copied over from the previous patch. It's mostly items, but there's other things as well.
  • The last patch added some text for showing if an enemy is resistant/weak to spell elements. There's translations for most of them (in the bottom of menus.txt) but it's missing two. And maybe the 5 translated ones could be reviewed as well.

AngryEclectus

• The '24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week' Library
  • Taking it easy
« Reply #218 on: June 01, 2021, 01:42:01 AM »
I'm trying to play the first game, but whenever I run it, after I say OK on the pop-up, nothing happens. I checked my Task Manager and it's running in the background. Any clue on how to fix this? :cirnotan:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 01:51:44 AM by AngryEclectus »
"Rat poison, rat poison..."

(ᗜˬᗜ)

Branneg Xy

• Branneg Xy
    • Steam
    • (YOUTUBE by title;LINKEDIN by link) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiD63dZE4IvxDzRJ9NphWbw" FRA ALU BI Darcanix ")
« Reply #219 on: June 01, 2021, 01:51:42 PM »
I'm trying to play the first game, but whenever I run it, after I say OK on the pop-up, nothing happens. I checked my Task Manager and it's running in the background. Any clue on how to fix this? :cirnotan:
:meiling:
LoT1 has a lot of launch issues on Win10, it happens to me too but I usually find it just opens up in the background and can be found on task manager as a process that you can't play, can delete excess ones and just keep relaunching until it properly opens. Unfortunately do not know of a way to force it to work every time but thankfully it's not toooooo long winded to get it to run.
  :meiling:

Or maybe this one, much thanks  :fullpower:  to  https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Labyrinth_of_Touhou/Troubleshooting ," The games crashes after a few seconds: I see the title screen, but the game closes right before the menu appears.

You need to install 2 font files : DFMincho-UB (dfminc.ttc) and HGSoeiKakupoptai (hgrpp1.ttc) "
1.+This Real Photo "... and the WORD became Flesh", had been shoot by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic) during THE HOLIEST CONSECRATION-MASS:The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05573a.htm#section3 , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS-HOST CONSECRATION BY the Ordanied PRIEST(S).
2(++RECOMMENDED+++) https://adoration.tyburnconvent.org.uk -https://tyburnconvent.org.uk
" FRA ALU BI Darcanix "

« Reply #220 on: June 01, 2021, 01:52:54 PM »
All right, I'll try to chip away at it and see whether I can get something done by this weekend.

AngryEclectus

• Taking it easy
« Reply #221 on: June 02, 2021, 01:36:54 AM »

Or maybe this one, much thanks  :fullpower:  to  https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Labyrinth_of_Touhou/Troubleshooting ," The games crashes after a few seconds: I see the title screen, but the game closes right before the menu appears.

You need to install 2 font files : DFMincho-UB (dfminc.ttc) and HGSoeiKakupoptai (hgrpp1.ttc) "

I already downloaded the fonts, and the troubleshooting page has no info to help me.

(ᗜˬᗜ)

Branneg Xy

• Branneg Xy
    • Steam
« Reply #222 on: June 02, 2021, 06:07:07 PM »
LoT1 has a lot of launch issues on Win10, it happens to me too but I usually find it just opens up in the background and can be found on task manager as a process that you can't play, can delete excess ones and just keep relaunching until it properly opens. Unfortunately do not know of a way to force it to work every time but thankfully it's not toooooo long winded to get it to run.
Your similar  issue (I had found  myself in it as well while "Windows 7 Premium in My Current All-in-One PC and WIN 7 Still-Microsoft-Updated" )at a certain point happened after the "Usual Interact&Play " with Launching-in-Foreground "Shoot the Bullet" and successively but minorly both with "Double spoiler " and "Danmakufu Ph3" )seems really with  to have affinity with Zoomy Tsugumi's "Pickle&Solution" and circa a few posters  in this thread,not counting non-posting users and guests(please click the next quote title in violet-blue to be re-direct i to the original post/poster))...

For Mediating: Does THE ACTUAL configuration-prelude-play of " Labyrinth of Touhou 1" ALWAYS visual crash(close in Foreground,Switch,Duplicates if Relaunched in the background?) In this "Event"happened also to me  with Immaterial and Missing Power and Scarlet Weather Rhapsody sometimes in the original Updated Patched JAP sometimes Updated ENG PATCH...)

Which Operative System? Is it Windows 10 ? 8.0 ? 8.1? 7 or..? ( Secondarily ,which OS Version and Update Version is it? )

Additional potential fix to "Task Spam Closing and Opening until a True 1 Launch" :  "Trying various Windows Properties Compatibility Options "(except 640x480 Resolutions and rarely the one "color-related")  BUT... The  Security Properties and other "Windows Properties" had shown to be  ineffective and in order...
IN SHORT an " occasional ADMINISTRATOR switch-up between between Windows Compatibility Options for Specific Programs EXCEPT Resolution Size and Colors  " (between " Windows 7","Windows Vista SP2,"Windows SP1","Windows XP",all other Compatibility Options EXCEPT Resolution Size and Colors ),

Another additional one:Switching between Booting/re-Booting (for that common Issue of always remaining in the background-starting up multiple times),whenever able to launch-view-interact-"optimize", in Windowed , Full Screen , Different Lower,and switching to Higher for a bit more success,  LoT 1/StB/DS/Danmakufu/etc. Image Resolutions

Another 1 :System Starter(Custom Mid-Advanced) Task Manager to increase the micro-management&monitoring of Foreground Events and System Resources to Tasks launch-foreground-(if unsuccessful)terminate/hibernate(?)-Relaunch-Open Properly(eventually).

Another 1 : App Locale with the current language.

Regular Maintenance-like 1: Backup Copie(s) which are provided  save data(s)/patch(s)/mod(s)/bug-fixe(s)/sundries data(s) (regularly files copy-pasted updated) by the 8LoT!) Main Game Software.

I Pray&Labor  :fullpower: the written and/or  quoted solutions,and further helps and/or insights and/or counsels in co-opt forum or linked, work wonderfully for you and others who are or are going to be,or better yet " just might be  :extend: " in similar snags .
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 04:08:27 PM by Branneg Xy »
" FRA ALU BI Darcanix "

AngryEclectus

• Taking it easy
« Reply #223 on: June 02, 2021, 08:42:50 PM »

Yep, spam opening worked! It's annoying, but I can survive! Thanks!

(ᗜˬᗜ)

« Reply #224 on: June 03, 2021, 07:06:51 AM »
Yeah spam opening works for me but Is till don't like it since it does take me a good 10 minutes or so of 'spam' for it to work.

Anyway, in lot2. I'm now in my level 900s on some characters, and 1000s on others. beat up 2 bosses on 30f, and decided to do a big 50f dive to try and get a machine god lucifer (I randomly got 2 tokugawa statues from '!' chests in there already so easy choice for me, especially since I got like 20 ribbons now, it's painful to replace a ribbon with a tokugawa statue, but replacing a gun de sol or something with a machine god lucifer is just massive).. I was at floor 150, with 1 headband after 150 floors, and determined to run 50 floors to get my MGL... 15 floors later I had 3 headbands, so I quit early lol. Then Ir ealized damn I need a gold fish thing, so I tried winner and found him surprisingly easy. Easier than the 3 deformed bosses as a matter of fact.  He only killed 1 guy (oddly enough the one person I intentionally put out to tank a hit). oh look, sorcerer form, I know who has good mnd and mystic resistance, Patchy! *gets 1shot by some eviler-looking tentacle-looking ether flare thing*. I guess I should have paid better attention to it ignoring defenses. derp.

That being said my character worth is still the same as last time. Nitori was starting to lose steam, but I didn't give her any artifact upgrades for awhile, so I gave her my MGL, I suspect she'll be op again. The SDM cast is great, but I have the full cast. Synergy skills don't look THAT amazing to me pre-plus disk, but post plus disk they do look better, and the SDM one in particular looks really good mostly due to the SIZE of the sdm cast, so it can just stack so much higher. How do people feel about the cast in general without the synergy buff? I'm thinking Meiling and Flan are really the only ones people feel are great, though Remi is actually pretty good too now. Even without SDM, I think she can give Kasen a run for her money later on due to her majesty and her single target blood strike thing buffing her all stats pretty fast too. Even without Vlad, she can maintain all her stats really high really easy, and not just m aintain, I see her go from 0 to like 60%s without even using vlad in only a few turns, it's pretty nuts, she is a monk though so I get that extra buff per turn thing. Oh yeah, spear the gugnir is also one of the highest skillcapped skills in the game, so that helps too. It isn't worth leveling pre-plus disk, but I guess it really makes a difference later on when you're swimming in unspent skillpoints.

That's the other t hing. My cast is pretty much sitting with around 200-300 unspent skillpoints. I'm devoting all my infinity gems to spartan and veterens tomes now. Seemed like I was getting so many early on, but now I can't get enough

That's one gripe I have so far with late plus disk are the treasures. So many locked chests, and then you open them, and it's like. yay. excalibolg #40, yay, orichalcum, which lets me make... virtually nothing of value that doesn't need an iron man headband, or golden fish statue too, or something to that effect. Seems like 3peso didn't put much effort into figuring out what kinda loot in chests would be valuable once you get past B8F / 26F or something like that, lots of it is stuff you can find from trash  not THAT ucommonly.

I mean I don't expect every chest to be a 'whoah I gotta put that on NOW'. But it seems like each floor only has 1 item that's even worth considering using or making something with right away, the rest are items you just toss and ignore. More tomes, infinity gems, and jewels probably would have been better.

How do you guys th ink Fundoshi man and king compared to *winner*?

Branneg Xy

• Branneg Xy
    • Steam
« Reply #225 on: June 03, 2021, 05:12:05 PM »
Yeah spam opening works for me but Is till don't like it since it does take me a good 10 minutes or so of 'spam' for it to work....

In addition to that it could help to , which has actually worked out both in general and personal issues,  " Test-Launch Various ADMINISTRATOR-LEVEL Windows Compatibility Mode Configurations,select&use the Working Most Compatible 1,eventually repeat the process for a New Working Compatible 1 if it snags in the future

" A Backup-Purpose Separate Installation REGULARLY UPDATED BY COPY+PASTE FROM THE MAIN 1 " could,and has, worked out as well.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 05:14:23 PM by Branneg Xy »
" FRA ALU BI Darcanix "

« Reply #226 on: June 13, 2021, 09:35:21 AM »
Oops. I've been a little busy, but I did manage to at least get through the Items and Menus folder. I've also made a lot of changes to Items.txt, since I went through the entire file again - partly due to missing lines still in Japanese due to references removal, and partly to fix grammar issues/references that were missed/etc.

I'll save the whole bunch of new files for when I've finished with Skills/Story/achievements though.

« Reply #227 on: June 13, 2021, 01:00:33 PM »
For those who care. As I said on Discord, I managed to make LoT1 run consistently and well on Manjaro Linux. That said, I don't think Wine is going to work on a virtual machine, from what I remember. I'd love to be proven wrong on that though. It is a little bit tricky (but nowhere near the level of headache for me doing other Linux stuff is), so if I could pull it off on a virtual machine, I could potentially make a guide, or something. I might be able to do it anyway, but it might be crappy since I've already done the stuff needed on my Linux partition.

« Reply #228 on: June 14, 2021, 06:39:38 AM »
So i decided to play a random run, and this is the party i got.

Spoiler:
Reimu Hakurei
Yuugi Hoshiguma
Wriggle Nightbug
Renko Usami
Keine Kamishirasawa
Remilia Scarlet
Parsee Mizuhashi
Yuuka Kazami
Momiji Inubashiri
Toyosatomimi no  Miko
Sanae Kochiya
Aya Shameimaru

I don't know how i'll play it out, any ideas?

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #229 on: June 14, 2021, 08:10:36 AM »
So i decided to play a random run, and this is the party i got.

Spoiler:
Reimu Hakurei
Yuugi Hoshiguma
Wriggle Nightbug
Renko Usami
Keine Kamishirasawa
Remilia Scarlet
Parsee Mizuhashi
Yuuka Kazami
Momiji Inubashiri
Toyosatomimi no  Miko
Sanae Kochiya
Aya Shameimaru

I don't know how i'll play it out, any ideas?
You will struggle verrry much for magic damage since you only have Miko and Yuuka who could put out decent numbers without the investment of something like Grand Incantation to make Reimu's offense more potent.
On the other hand, between Sanae and Reimu healing is covered. And between Renko and Keine, buffing is covered.
Parsee, Remilia and Yuugi should be able to put out great ATK based damage.
If it were me I'd throw out Momiji in favour of another mage, preferably one with good multi targets and/or multi elemental coverage (Kanako? Patchouli? both have synergy skills with one other member of that team)

« Reply #230 on: June 17, 2021, 05:49:29 AM »
If it were me I'd throw out Momiji in favour of another mage, preferably one with good multi targets and/or multi elemental coverage

Alrighty then, Kanako it is.

ZephyrNightwind

• Again I rise into the realm of Gensokyo...
« Reply #231 on: July 26, 2021, 07:17:03 AM »
And now that things have become quiet, I guess that I should say something.

I have noticed that this game isn't so good at granting extra attacks for characters. I honestly wish that I knew why.
Bullet hell never goes out of style.

« Reply #232 on: August 07, 2021, 12:31:26 AM »
EDIT: Okay, I should've put a tad more thought into this. The problem with changing the font is that the new font might not support Japanese characters. Even if the game is fully translated with no hiccups (and we're not there), there's still Japanese symbols used in places, e.g. for the new weakness designation. And it doesn't turn out well.

https://i.imgur.com/9MlEcoX.png

Changing the font type is probably a good idea to try and improve readability/use less space, but I might not be able to escape from needing to install the Japanese font pack.

---------

I got a new computer somewhat recently, and never installed the LoT2 font. Which made me think, "shouldn't I get rid of this need to install a Japanese font?"

I am not a font expert, and I don't know when things look good. So I just took a bunch of screenshots with random fonts that looked half decent.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xoixsHoiCeAcxrUifUhxgMXevJdgAYNN/view?usp=sharing   (not on imgur since it'd strip the filenames, which are the fonts used)

If someone wants to really play around with this, I can make a Python script that will quickly change the font used by the game, which should make it easy to test out a bunch of options. You'll need Python installed and to be at least somewhat familiar with how to run scripts. I don't want to distribute an exe for this, and I don't think I can do something like this without a Python script.

If anyone has opinions on what font to use, either one of these or something else worth trying, let me know and I'll look into replacing it.  There's three things I'm looking for in a font:
1. It should look good. obviously.
2. It should be included in a "standard" English Windows installation. I'm trying to avoid this whole issue of "Why does my text look weird" "Oh, you need to install this font pack!" Yes, it's easy to do, and Meiryo can be installed for free with a Japanese language pack, but I'm trying to make things easier if I can
3. Smaller/Narrower is better. There's tons of issues with text overflowing. So an ideal font would be smaller but without being "cramped" or hard to read. High information density is key. From the examples I took, Agency FB is certainly the smallest, but I don't know it's easy to read. Garamond is (slightly) smaller than Arial, and I consider it easier to read as well as smaller.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 01:24:10 PM by qazmlpok »

« Reply #233 on: August 09, 2021, 04:49:56 AM »
I'd suggest looking at Segoe UI and Tahoma, both will be in an unmodified English Win10 install.  (Segoe UI is the main system font in Win10, even.) 

Incidentally, the Steam version of LoT2 now has a release date (and a slightly new name, it's no longer actually numbered): https://store.steampowered.com/app/1131920/LABYRINTH_OF_TOUHOU__GENSOUKYO_AND_THE_HEAVENPIERCING_TREE/

Cybeast710

• Lost And Found Again
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
« Reply #234 on: August 09, 2021, 05:12:18 AM »
....Man if I knew about this back when I was playing this game and kludging my info from Google Translate and the JP wiki...I made it to floor 8 and then just STOPPED.
He returns!

« Reply #235 on: August 11, 2021, 12:05:21 AM »
Updated exe and txt files:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WsRpgyETXGAOoStVk96nJGR2mNWAlKC4/view?usp=sharing

For anyone wondering, I do plan on working on the steam version of the game as well. However, I cannot predict how easy it will be. It's possible the game has been ported from DxLib to Unity or something similar during the process of porting to the switch and making an HD version (the steam version should basically be the switch version). There's probably tools for working with Unity assets, but I've never actually used them, so if there is a change in how the game was built, there will be delays in making a patch.

I'm not planning on releasing any more versions of the standalone version of the game, unless the steam version is just completely unworkable for some reason. I'll try to keep the translation files up to date with any new corrections, but I don't want to put a lot of effort into maintaining two copies of the patch. Especially since the steam version is a lot more accessible to potential new players. I'm also not going to do any more investigation into the font thing until the steam version is out, since it's possible the font handling will be wildly different there.

Also higher resolution means all of the existing image edits will be completely useless. I'm sure he re-created all of the assets at a higher resolution. And we've never had a dedicated image editor, and whatever work was done for the images was done in like 2013.

There's also the issue of steam itself, and the patches. I've never worked on a steam mod, so I don't know a good way to handle that. Is Steam Workshop even still a thing? Is that what I need? Beats me. But no matter what, there will be some early patches to fix bugs, and that'll probably invalidate any initial work, meaning more delays.

It's possible things will be easier going forward, but I honestly doubt it. There's a Chinese translation, so it's possible there's some built-in multi-language support, or maybe item descriptions got fixed to be a single text string instead of four, but I'm not expecting anything positive.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 09:49:28 PM by qazmlpok »

« Reply #236 on: August 11, 2021, 02:50:59 AM »
https://twitter.com/aaa_3peso/status/1424613830701686788 may be of interest (3peso apparently would like an English version available but can't afford to commission a translation).

Modding Steam games that don't have explicit mod support (e.g. Steam Workshop) is not really intrinsically any more difficult than modding any other PC game, but if the end user has automatic updates turned on, any modded files that get patched would be automatically replaced.  How much of a hassle this turns out to be depends entirely on how the game data in this version turns out to be structured.

If the game *has* been ported to Unity that's probably a very good thing for modding though; I've been messing with the Final Fantasy pixel remasters (which are also Unity) and basically all that was needed to mod them was tools to decrypt the asset bundles (which were already available, the game uses standard unity bundle encryption) and a modded unityplayer.dll to skip the game's CRC check on the asset bundles and allow it to recognize modified assets.  That said I've only really dabbled in modding the fonts in those games and they were the easiest thing to modify on the whole.

deice

• minus mentality
    • 
« Reply #237 on: August 11, 2021, 04:03:47 PM »
It's possible the game has been ported from DxLib to Unity or something similar during the process of porting to the switch and making an HD version (the steam version should basically be the switch version).

i wouldn't worry about that:
https://dxlib.xsrv.jp/dxswitch.html

also, given that dxlib has supported full HD for a while now, it would be a bit silly to effectively rewrite the entire game rather than just spruce up the graphics routines

« Reply #238 on: August 11, 2021, 09:37:04 PM »
i wouldn't worry about that:
https://dxlib.xsrv.jp/dxswitch.html

also, given that dxlib has supported full HD for a while now, it would be a bit silly to effectively rewrite the entire game rather than just spruce up the graphics routines

You clearly aren't familiar with 3peso's programming skills.

CUBETYPE was involved, so I'm hoping they took a look at his code and insisted on rewriting everything. That'd explain the delays at least.

EDIT: I broke the patch in my previous post. I've updated the link, but if you downloaded that link before this was posted, you should re-download it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WsRpgyETXGAOoStVk96nJGR2mNWAlKC4/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 09:50:26 PM by qazmlpok »

ZephyrNightwind

• Again I rise into the realm of Gensokyo...
« Reply #239 on: August 12, 2021, 06:17:13 AM »
You clearly aren't familiar with 3peso's programming skills.

Could you clarify that, if it’s not too much to ask?
Bullet hell never goes out of style.