Author Topic: Favorite Spell Card/nonspell/stage list, go!  (Read 5492 times)

Dreamy-Eyed Yuuritsu

• 妖怪羊は幻想郷の夢を見るか?
    • YouTube
    • yuuritsu_yumegane
Favorite Spell Card/nonspell/stage list, go!
« on: November 07, 2023, 04:23:01 PM »
Share a favorite Spell Card, nonspell, or an entire stage that you guys are fond of throughout the games!

I'll go first:
Touhou Eiyashou is probably the Touhou game which I had the most exposure to and spent the most time on, so I'll start with it. For me Stage 4A was extremely enjoyable for me personally, facing against Reimu's gimmicky nonspells and Spell Cards. I especially like the nonspell where she zips across the screen while shooting a concentrated stream of bullets at the player, which include Yin-Yang Orbs that will only hit your human character as if to dissuade you from going high-speed to dodge the bullet streams. 

Haven't played Youyoumu yet, but Yuyuko's "Perfect Ink-Black Cherry Blossoms" Spell Card is truly a dazzling one. I actually prefer it more than her impactful "Resurrection Butterfly" Spell Card.

nav

• only a poor old duck
  • still a poor old duck
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • nav#5828
Re: Favorite Spell Card/nonspell/stage list, go!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 04:35:38 PM »
I'm a Normal player (at least back when I used to play), so I like Remilia's Red Magic. Scarlet Gensokyo? What Scarlet Gensokyo?

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 04:46:04 PM »
I like in PCB when Chen just goes flying around the screen spinning around at high speeds while shooting bullets, it's very in character of her.

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 06:49:00 PM »
As a bit of an IN scorerunner, I always enjoy stage 6 (both of them) since that's where you can reap quite a reward on fairies if you deal with them right. Also yeah, Reimu fight is awesome (as long as you're not Sakuya).

Dreamy-Eyed Yuuritsu

• 妖怪羊は幻想郷の夢を見るか?
    • YouTube
    • yuuritsu_yumegane
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2023, 05:19:59 AM »
As a bit of an IN scorerunner, I always enjoy stage 6 (both of them) since that's where you can reap quite a reward on fairies if you deal with them right. Also yeah, Reimu fight is awesome (as long as you're not Sakuya).

imagine using Sakuya in Eiyashou

moons1de_

• moons1de_?
  • moons1de_
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2023, 04:27:25 PM »
I like most of Sakuya's spellcards in EoSD, the way they are thrown makes it pretty fun to dodge. Although, I do generally like a lot of Stage 5 bosses anyways because of the unique mechanics introduced while fighting.

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2023, 07:26:59 AM »
Subterranean Sun is very fun to dodge. A final that's relatively easy is a great breather to end an otherwise hard fight (1st half at least).

Xziled

• Xziled
  • Today is Flanday in California
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Xziled#7155
    • Links and stuff
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2023, 11:11:55 AM »
Four of a kind used to scare me, but now I think is the best Flan meme out there.
 :fullpower: :fullpower: :fullpower: :fullpower:

williewillus

• Chinese American, programmer, danmaku nerd
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • williewillus
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2023, 10:28:58 PM »
LoLK Stage 5's stage portion is one of the best made stage portions in the series and I'm not accepting any other answer :P

Suspicious person

• Just a fun loving kind of person
  • ... but what is fun ?
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2023, 07:37:46 PM »
Hard to pick a single answer, but for me :

Favorite nonspell :
- Not exactly a nonspell per se, but the part of IN where the boss runs aways and you have to go through a bunch of trash mobs before getting back to her is unique and doesn't have anything equal to it in this series. So yeah, pretty memorable as far as I am concerned

- Lily's big colorful spray towards the end of PCB stage 4. Goes pretty well with the transition in both the stage and the stage theme methinks.

Favorite stage :
-SA stage 4. Gotta love the neat way in which the talisman are fired, as well as the part with the yin yang orbs and the lasers. It's just so clean and orderly, plus the memorable time you get to spend with the stupid cat. Background is pretty cool to, not to mention Heartfelt Fancy setting up a rather unique atmosphere.

-UFO stage 6. Fires of Hokkai is just fantastic. You just come out of a brutal fight with the other stupid cat, then pause : dark background, loud heartbeats, more heartbeats into drums that then build up into a super cool and underappreciated song. UFO stages are nasty as they have those dirty spam sections that make collecting UFOs complicated, but we get a reprieve with the stress relief that is THE space invaders, plus another run in with the silly glowy ball as the music gets tenser, THEN silence, sun's rising. Lovely stuff.

-LoLK stage 6. Calm and chill with a melancholic song with a somewhat melancholic background (c'mon, you get to see your home planet after a long and brutal voyage). Stage is fairly calm and manageable, with the dangers being the ones you provoke yourself (between passive ghosts that shoots suicide bullets to more aggressive but neglectible ones that can either be shot down or ignored if you go up top). But there is, however, one reason why LoLK stage 6 is pretty memorabe, and that would be THE infamous rain section.Long lines of bullets falling like rain in an increasingly fast rate then followed by aimed stars ... popular fan headcanons claim these to be Junko's tears, but while we have no comment about this strange section, it's definitely one of the more unique (and brutal) ones as far as this series goes

Favorite Spell Cards :
- Illusionary dominance : be it for MoF or the fighting games, this spellcard just illustrate Aya's speed and the power that comes with it. Both a cool looking attack and a badass one
- Slash of Eternity : for Youmu in the fighting games . I think it just looks cool
- 6-root cleansing : likewise. Pretty cool looking Youmu spell card
- Wily toad : player character Sanae's panic button. It doesn't slow you like Master Spark, takes a long time before going off, and deals a lot of damage and clears bullets when it blows. Just a good bomb all around.
- Doremy's 2nd spell card : a spiny one. Fun. I like stuff when they're not hard, even moreso if it's in a game where I'm gonna need my nerves elsewhere.
- Raiko's survival : I like it purely cuz of the funny noises

Miminena

• Obliteration <3
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2024, 01:52:03 AM »
SoEW stage 4 is always very exciting for me to play, especially the midbosses.
Ah, your danmaku is beautiful. Simply amazing.