Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 19F  (Read 200110 times)

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
Labyrinth of Touhou 19F
« on: February 20, 2020, 05:02:58 AM »
New forum, new floor.

An archive of the previous threads and the links on the first post can be found here. But to start a new trend and condense the list a bit, I'll narrow it down to some more relevant links.

English Wiki
LoT1
LoT2

Japanese Wiki
LoT1
LoT2

LoT 1 Patches and other downloads
Ver 2.04 patch
Ver 3.01 patch (Special disk only)
English Patch for Ver 3.01
New Game+ file for version 3.01

LoT 2, its Patches, and other downloads
The place to go to buy a legitimate copy of the game.
Plus Disc is purchasable here

Start game with all (Pre-Plus Disk) characters
Ver 1.202
Ver 1.203
Translation patch for LoT2 as of 2020/03/15
1.203 translation with image dxas (for translated images)

Various info files on enemies/stats/formulas etc.:
Enemy Info
Contains their Stats, Affinities, Ailment Resistances, EXP, Money, Drops, and Types

Spellcard Info
4 text files for Characters, Commands, Enemies, and Subclass data in a zip file

Passive Skill Info
Data on all the character's passive skills that affect damage formulas, stats, etc

Enemy AI Dump
Image Packs
Squidtentacle's pack
chripy's pack
Pandaology's pack

3peso's website
LoT2 Plus' website
LoT2's website

Let me know if any links are busted or if things need to be added. Happy dungeon crawling!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 11:14:10 PM by Zoomy Tsugumi »

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 19F
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 05:14:47 AM »
To kick things off, with the impending (ableit very far off apparently) release of LoT3, I figure it'd be a good idea to at least fully flesh out the wiki for LoT2. So I prepared a save file for NG, Pre-20F-Murakumo. Everyone's library levels reset too with Tomes of Reincarnation, so you're free to build whomever you want, however you want.

Ideally we can fill the rest of the +Disk floors up with strategies and guides beyond just having a map on the latter floors.

TobikoTakatou

• Narcasistic Tengu Bird
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 07:30:44 PM »
I need to start playing LoT sometime! All the discussion of it drives me to believe it'll be a lot of fun, if a bit of a time-consumer.

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 05:52:25 AM »
Would definitely recommend it! 2 is a fair bit more beginner friendly thanks to all the QoL changes but if you liked 2, then 1's a pretty enjoyable experience also. Definitely a time sink on both games but a fun one for sure.

TheWeirdOtaku

• YouTube
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 03:22:01 PM »
It's a lot of fun, you should totally try it!

Thurler

• Go slow to go fast
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Github
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 06:21:51 PM »
I brought this up in the discord while v3 was setting up, might as well post it here for documentation purposes. There were a few inconsistencies in the Bestiary entries in the wiki, some stats got fixed/updated for Plus Disk v1.105b, mostly typo fixes like some random trash mob on 16F having 660 FIR affinity instead of 66, but there were some balance changes too. I put all the enemy stats into a big spreadsheet to help visualize everything, and listed the base game differences in the pastebin below. Libra has already updated the wiki with everything, including Plus Disk differences, which I was too lazy to check :P

Google Sheet with all enemy stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13YPClLU66WoLjUMIVSTfEqjJOBy-AeqiHv23HlCz_y0/edit?usp=sharing
Pastebin with base game differences: https://pastebin.com/0kXXSABR

The enemy order in the sheets follows the game's bestiary order (kind of): Mobs from 1F -> 30F, then B1F -> B11F, FOEs, Base game bosses, Shadow bosses, Postgame bosses, Murakumo v2, B1-B11F non-Touhou bosses, Orochi heads and forms, Hollow Orochi and heads, Dragon God forms, 29F super bosses (except King for some reason?), Murakumo v3, Shadow Touhous, Shadow Touhous (Heaven). It doesn't cover the IC stuff since I couldn't find that in the data, it's probably stored elsewhere in the game's files.

Speaking of the game files, I documented the exact process I went about to extract this info from the game's 1.105b exe, just in case someone wants to verify this information or in case a new patch comes around and someone wants to check for more changes. You can read it all in this pastebin: https://pastebin.com/jhQa6uyy

Digging through the enemy data there were also 2 unused enemies with stats, one with no attributed image file and one with what seems to be a placeholder drop item. I attached their bestiary entries from hacking the game's save file. Burning Claw Demon is next to the 15F bestiary entries, and Happy Friends next to the B4F enemies.

I wanted to try extracting the enemy AI next, but that's gonna be a big pain to reverse engineer since it requires decompiling the game code and finding out which function does what. Is anyone here familiar with how EthanSilver achieved it for the base game? If there was some specific tool used or some address offset that had enemy AI in them, it could shed some light into where to begin looking for Plus Disk AI stuff.

deice

• minus mentality
    • 
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2020, 08:53:54 AM »
couldn't help but notice that the google sheet doesn't have enchanced ryujin, does he not have a separate bestiary entry or has he just not been documented yet? (i base this off of the fact that there's no enemies listed under level 12800, correct me if i'm mistaken)

LonelyGaruga

• 傍若無人
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 01:18:39 AM »
It doesn't get a separate bestiary entry since it's just the same thing at a higher level.

deice

• minus mentality
    • 
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2020, 09:15:49 AM »
It doesn't get a separate bestiary entry since it's just the same thing at a higher level.

yea makes sense, like how the infinity corridor enemies have entries for level 1 versions of themselves, kind of a dumb question on my part in hindsight.

LonelyGaruga

• 傍若無人
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2020, 07:15:23 PM »
There was another update on Labyrinth of Touhou 3 from 3peso yesterday, since it hasn't been posted here I thought I'd get that out of the way.

Highlighting the upgrade system for sub equipment, by using materials and other sub equipment you can upgrade sub equipment. Each upgrade is a 10% increase to the base stat, and upgrades also add additional effects and an Awakening Effect (覚醒効果). In the screenshot shown, the Life Piece has HP+22%, all stats+22%, accuracy and evasion+22, and the Awakening Effect "Base HP Increase Lv3".

deice

• minus mentality
    • 
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2020, 08:46:33 PM »
with this and the skill tree, there looks to be a lot more customization available, which is always a good thing. while i liked lot2's systems, imo lots of characters didn't really have too much choices you could take with building them, so i'm really looking forward to seeing how far all this goes, especially if we get another system like the greater awk jewels (hopefully earlier in the game this time around).

on an unrelated note, i'd like to report a strange thing i found on the technical side of things in lot2. winner on 28f naturally caps out at 200 kills i.e. level 41k. despite this, the value that stores the amount of kills uses two bytes instead of one, therefore setting the amount of kills to the maximum possible leaves his level at around 13 million. but if the game is restarted, the amount of kills (for whatever reason) goes to 255 i.e. level 52k. then, killing him again sets it back down to 200, where it remains capped and no longer naturally scales.  i don't know if this has any use, i've tried performing similar tests in infinity corridor, but the game isn't letting me modify the floor i'm at anymore (it just sets it back to whatever floor i'm actually at), but if anyone else could provide insight on this, i'd be thankful.

Thurler

• Go slow to go fast
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Github
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2020, 07:15:15 PM »
I didn't know Winner had a natural cap in this game, that's very neat, makes reaching the victory cap on him a "feasible" goal like in LoT1 with the 255 cap. Not that I think anyone would bother grinding to level 40k. A similar cap is used for special items (all items? I really can't remember), where the game uses 2 bytes to store how many you have, but naturally caps at 200.

However with items, the game just sets the value to 0 instead of reducing to the 200 cap, which makes resetting via Tome of Reincarnation very annoying later on since you'll easily get 200 gems from B11F grinding, only to go over the 200 cap when reincarnating someone. The game actually registers you have over 200 gems, counting all the way to 65535 normally, but the moment you save, quit and load, you get 0 gems for some reason, the game probably assumes there's no way to go over 200 so it assumes you cheated? :p

i've tried performing similar tests in infinity corridor, but the game isn't letting me modify the floor i'm at anymore (it just sets it back to whatever floor i'm actually at), but if anyone else could provide insight on this, i'd be thankful.

The best way to edit your current IC floor is via save file hacking. With a hex editor, you can edit the PEX01.ngd file, at offset 0xAE you'll find a 4-byte value corresponding to the current floor. Note this is a signed integer, so values over 0x7FFFFFFF will lead to negative floor numbers, that surprisingly work normally until you encounter an enemy, leading to a game crash. Even if you get past the enemies and reach a boss floor, the game also crashes when trying to load the boss.

As far as IC floor hacking goes, 3peso actually forgot to apply the level cap on enemies, even though other stats are properly capped (i.e. HP caps at 10 quadrillion, but level does not cap at 10 million), which leads to some very funky overflow issues when the level gets absurdly high. The last "honest" boss fight is at floor 2,898,480 with a Shadow Shou, with a level under 10 million. From then on bosses inflate their levels normally, making every stat get near its cap until it overflows. So long as the calculated stat is lower than 2^64, the stat cap is properly applied (may be 2^63, not sure if it uses signed or unsigned integers), but if it overflows then it will go back to very small amounts you would see in 1-5F bosses. By this point the corridor becomes a big mess with difficulty, with random crashes happening on random encounters with what I assume are overflow issues caused by the absent level cap.

By the time the boss level goes over 0x7FFFFFFF into the negative values, by floor 622,458,970, random enemies always crash the game thanks to the overflow issues, and boss stats will be all over the place. Surprisingly, if you manage to not reach any encounters, everything actually works normally, you can progress through IC still. That is until floor 1,244,917,990, where the game tries to load a Shadow Kasen with level 0xFFFFFFFF, aka -1. The game goes into what I assume is an endless loop trying to compute her stats, and crashes, making that floor the lowest theoretical floor you can go without manually hacking your save file. If you do that the last boss becomes a Shadow Cirno on floor 2,147,483,640, before the floor count goes into the negative values, leading to game crashes on any fights, including bosses.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 12:22:10 AM by Thurler »

TheWeirdOtaku

• YouTube
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2020, 01:55:00 PM »
Finally managed to beat floor 28's boss that let's you progress further up, next goal is the Infinite Corridor 100f boss, I just lack a way to deal with the Space Time Compression move.

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2020, 08:58:55 PM »
That fight was pretty hard I remember.
Space Time Compression should be void element. So Komachi who has void resist may be pretty good. If I remember correctly you need like 200 death resist to survive the instant death attack the boss does, which Komachi can also get. Mokou would be good for similar reasons.
I forgot if  Space Time Compression was time based or percentage based.

LonelyGaruga

• 傍若無人
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2020, 11:31:41 PM »
100f Corridor boss uses several moves based on its current HP. Rough estimates are

90%: Spirit Decomposition
80%: Space-Time Warp > Disintegrating Breath
75%: Great Calamity
60%: Spirit Decomposition
50%: Great Destruction
40%: Space-Time Warp > Disintegrating Breath
30%: Spirit Decomposition
25%: Great Calamity
10%: Spirit Decomposition

These attacks are done in order, none of them get skipped or take priority over another. So by keeping the damage up all of the boss' actions past the first one will always be the same.

TheWeirdOtaku

• YouTube
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2020, 07:14:35 PM »
If I remember correctly you need like 200 death resist to survive the instant death attack the boss does, which Komachi can also get. Mokou would be good for similar reasons.

Sadly that isn't very reliable due to the entire frontline getting randomly replaced right before the Disintegrating Breath hits, which wipes most of my party.

LonelyGaruga

• 傍若無人
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2020, 09:02:08 PM »
It's not so bad if you gear your party for it. Ran some calculations back when 100f was the furthest Corridor went and it was possible for all but about three characters (Patchouli, Kaguya, and Suwako, Patchouli and Suwako gained adjustments to their Awakenings that make them more durable) to survive it at Reimu 540 and library 600 with 3x Long Sword "Crimson Princess" and Tokugawa/First Aid Kit. Since then, level scaling has been adjusted a little so that the 100f boss is level 575 instead of 600.

I think the level 600 version has somewhere around 770K ATK (somewhere between 730-810K), naturally the numbers will be lower for the 575 version. Disintegrating Breath is 66% ATK and ignores defenses as confirmed on Discord, so under that assumption of 770K ATK, Disintegrating Breath averages 508K damage, before applying damage reducing effects, ATK debuffs, and VOI resistance. Strategist is the most clearly useful of them all, being -10% for the entire frontline as long as you have one up. That alone brings it down to about 457K. For comparison, in my party composition when I did the 100f boss, the only characters I had below 500K were Akyuu (she takes 50% VOI damage and Miare's Power lets her revive reliably anyway, plus invincibility), Aya (144K, she would get KO'd if it hit), and Tenshi (primary attacker, just had Akyuu give her invincibility). Transcendent helps to patch up the weaker party members by boosting their HP and giving them another -10% damage reduction to work with, making the minimum amount of HP needed about 411K when combined with a Strategist. By making the more durable characters Strategists, you can increase the odds of having one after a Space-Time Warp. You can also use the Quartz Charm for another -20% damage, which would make it so that even a bulky Transcendent attacker with no HP investment in level up bonuses could survive Disintegrating Breath.

And this isn't getting into ATK debuffs. A -10% ATK debuff is directly equivalent in power to a -10% damage reduction, and the 100f Corridor boss has low ATK debuff resistance. By putting all of these together it's fairly reliable to survive Disintegrating Breath with appropriate defensive investments on everyone.

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2020, 04:08:04 PM »
Hello. Went back to this game a few months back with a fresh save and played all the way to beating both Full power Dragon God and Will of Gensokyo. Along the way I wrote progression guides that cover pretty much most of the game. I intended to use it to help with my future playthroughs, but I figured I might share them here as well.

13-20F
Extra areas
Plus Disk story
Plus Disk postgame 1 (up to King)
Plus Disk postgame 2 (everything beyond that)

Maps were taken from both atwiki and Touhou Wiki.

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2020, 03:49:13 AM »
Oh these are some fantastic guides! May it be possible to use some of the info to put up on the wiki potentially?

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2020, 05:33:42 AM »
Oh these are some fantastic guides! May it be possible to use some of the info to put up on the wiki potentially?

Sure thing. I've been updating some parts of the wiki myself while writing and can help with those too.

LonelyGaruga

• 傍若無人
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2020, 07:49:26 AM »

New update, revised Awakening system. Details about how it works aren't specified, but the menu says "Items Required for Awakening". The top item is 苦悩する者達の夢魂, "Dream Soul of Suffering People" or something along those lines. Patchouli's growth rates were also adjusted a little.

HP: 68 -> 64
ATK: 20 -> 32
DEF: 24 -> 24 (no change)
MAG: 162 -> 154
MND: 166 -> 160
SPD: 54 -> 64

There's a list of characters, but unfortunately no new ones. List is Alice, Nitori, Aya, Patchouli, Cirno, Keine, Doremy.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2020, 05:17:28 PM »
This should be the thlaby2 font by the way, for everyone experiencing text issues/overflow. It's not included with the game or in windows by default.

http://fonts3.com/fonts/m/meiryo.html

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2020, 12:22:29 PM »
Hello there!

Been an avid fan of the LoT games, especially the first one, which I loved a lot.
In order to get a better grip at LoT2 and its individual boss mechanics (of which I struggled a lot with since its release), I started a Team 9 run, from which I heared of in the past threads (currently at 6F, trying to get the Divine Barrier off Tenshi). Is there anything that I need to keep in mind with the run?

I'd love to challenge the Plus Disk content with them!

Thurler

• Go slow to go fast
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Github
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2020, 10:21:34 PM »
This should be the thlaby2 font by the way, for everyone experiencing text issues/overflow. It's not included with the game or in windows by default.

http://fonts3.com/fonts/m/meiryo.html

Just to add to this, the Japanese fonts that came bundled with Windows 7/8/8.1 got removed by default on Windows 10 to reduce the OS footprint. You can very easily add them back via Windows Language Settings, without changing your locale or system language settings. Microsoft has a nice support page on this with a step-by-step: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/windows-10-missing-fonts

This also installs other very common Japanese fonts that you might be missing, and you never know when some other Japanese game will use one of these fonts, leaving you wondering which one you're missing and all. There are Chinese fonts as well but I'm unaware of that being an issue with Chinese fangames. :P

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2020, 08:58:36 PM »
Anyone else having problems with the latest translation? I tried adding the strdump from the old forum and their new versions of the fixes, but nothing worked, Spellcard info text is not translated, and many dialogs arent, like a Keine dialog in the intro, and almost all of the Ame no Murakumo speech in floor 20, from what I've read, it was broken by the 1.105b update that changed the adress of some text and this broke it

But then I saw a guy on Youtube playing plus disk, same version and he doesn't have this issue
Pics here, because embedding causes errors
https://imgur.com/a/7jFQHOm

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2020, 01:02:46 AM »

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2020, 08:49:07 AM »
Thanks, now it is translated perfectly

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2020, 11:14:40 PM »
I updated the OP to reflect that

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2020, 08:52:24 PM »
I wonder, does anybody here know if/how the noencounters.txt is supposed to work? I'm quite fed up with the random schmucks that I have to kill when running through the maps to get that 100% map clear.

I tried using a hex editor on the exe, going to the lines specified and overwriting their contents with what was written below, but all I managed to do was make the game crash on startup  ::)

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2020, 09:54:20 PM »
I wonder, does anybody here know if/how the noencounters.txt is supposed to work? I'm quite fed up with the random schmucks that I have to kill when running through the maps to get that 100% map clear.

I got it working via cheatengine, but sadly the address changes between each opening of the game, as it does with the characters stats so you will have to search for the value each time
To do it, go to the dungeon and move a bit, then in cheatengine load up the process of the game, and search for a 4 Bytes exact value equal to the encounter rate, with the decimals as if they were a whole number (for example, 54.2% becomes 542), it will show you many numbers, then move Reimu and search for the new encounter rate number, this should narrow the results to 1, if it doesn't, repeat until you get the desired results, here is a pic of me finding the adress, notice how the values of the others are empty or in question marks, that is because the game chooses a different address each time for reasons unknown to me

If I have time I will try to do a mini guide in video format
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 12:13:20 PM by kael070 »