Author Topic: Introductions thread  (Read 29360 times)

Re: Introductions thread
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2020, 04:44:28 AM »
Been lurking since the orange and black v1 site.

Active for a while, but back into lurking since I honestly don't have much of value to contribute these days. Passively a fan nowadays and I don't think I regret that, at least.

Hopefully this forum continues to be a good home for people getting into the series even as tumultuous as times are now.

Fluffghost

• Folklore Addict
  • Always AFK
    • Twitter
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2020, 07:13:38 AM »
You know, i'm not sure if i ever made an account on the original site...

But I prefer to go by Sats, and i'm a resident folklore fanatic from USA's chicago area. Currently 27, going on 28 (i think). I got into Touhou way back in like... 2010? 2012? Somewhere in there. Something about seeing the characters, and when I asked about them I got linked back to the games, and the rest was history. But I didn't get seriously involved in the community until I started going to the local cons consistently and mingling with the Touhou crowd there. I've known about the original site for a while, but had my hands tied up in too many places to give it proper attention. Might still be too tied up, so i do apologize if i'm an infrequent face around here.

Anyways, I'm a cosplayer and con-goer who sometimes assists with Anime Central's Touhou panel and photoshoot stuff, and I've also helped host a Folklore panel with heavy Touhou influences with some other close folks for both Acen and Touhou con, (though it's been a while since we've run that particular one). If you go to Acen's Touhou community stuff at any point in the last 8 years, you've probably seen me around. Beyond that, I'm a chronic folklore compiler, so chances are I've dipped into research on quite a few different characters for various reasons. Most noticeably Parsee Mizuhashi, and what on earth a Hashihime is and represents. So if there's something you'd like to know about a character and why they are a certain way that they are, or just weird trivia in general, chances are i'll be able to dig up a source for you. Beyond that though, i'm a pretty casual fan who sticks to the side and fanworks, and prefers to theorize about the setting and look into how the lore connects rather than mess with playing the main games.

As far as other interests go, beyond hoarding weird and random folklore trivia and convention going, i'm an avid roleplayer who is currently drowning in the gacha life. Currently playing FGO and Arknights. Also recently got obsessed with dungeons and dragons, for roleplaying reasons.

Marbychu

• Twitch
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2020, 07:06:06 PM »
Hey what's up gamers it's ya boi Marby here. I was a member on v2 but I rarely posted, and when I did it was usually in the Labyrinth of Touhou thread.

Been a fan of Touhou for... wow, it's probably been around 5 years now? Where has the time gone?! I absolutely adore the music, and while I'm not the biggest fan of the official games (mostly because I suck at bullet hells), I LOVE me a good fangame. Fantasy Maiden Wars and the aforementioned Labyrinth of Touhou are probably my favorites.

I guess that's about it? I don't really have much else to say. I probably won't be posting too often, just wanted to make this post so I can get an avatar if I decide I want one.

Also Sanae is best girl.
The bagel made me do it.

ふねん1

• Pharmacy technician
  • If you're alive, you can keep moving!
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Funen1#1783
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2020, 08:41:21 AM »
Yo, I'm Funen1. I'm a longtime Touhou player (over 10 years), and an almost equally long member of MotK. I don't remember exactly how I found the previous version of this site, it was probably just me wanting to find any Touhou forum I could join in my fledgling fanboy stage lol. My Touhou career has been quite the rollercoaster, but I've since become a relatively high-level "survival" player, and I haven't yet stopped trying to push my skills even further. In recent years, I've also made gameplay videos on YouTube meant to be "semi-instructional" in nature, explaining how to play various attacks on Lunatic difficulty (though as of this post, most of them still need to be remade because they had used annotations). Nowadays I'm more likely to hang out on the Touhou Discord, but wherever you find me, I'd be more than willing to talk Touhou and other things.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

That Guy

• It alllll makes sense now.
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2020, 10:41:18 PM »
I'm That Guy, been on MoTK v2 on and off since... 2009, wow. Damn it's been a long time.

Favorite gals are Youmu and Tenshi. Best girls. Been a fan ever since 2008 me discovered a couple IOSYS meme videos and then played a couple games, and been hardcore in Touhou ever since! Someday I'll beat the Ten Desires extra stage. Believe in me.

Also I adore Touhou fangames and have been so happy to see the recent rise of them on steam, like wow.

Mesarthim

• Idiot
  • Getting lost somewhere
    • Mesarthim#2674
    • Steam
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2020, 03:10:47 AM »
I have climbed out of whatever rock I've been living under for a few years now but I was on the V2 forum. Usually go by Mesarthim for most everywhere that actually allows me to. I started Touhou somewhere before 13 was released, but after 12. Just kept hearing about it and the fact Doddler (I know Doddler to an extent, old RO buddy) kept playing it alongside another guildie from RO.

I'm not the best at Touhou but I've played it quite extensively to know my relative skill level which varies between Hard mode and Lunatic. Hard Mode most of the time is my normal mode and I suck at curved patterns like most of TH12.

I like computers, I like games, I like music, I like touhou. I loathe politics.

Think that covers the blunt basics. I do not use social media. I use steam and discord.

Edit: And I forgot a letter in my account name so my custom title seems accurate.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 07:04:35 AM by Mesarhim »
If you add me on steam you are going to be on an indefinite waiting period unless you tell me beforehand.

skyla1234yay

• Twitter
    • Gamer Caitlin =P#8507
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2020, 04:10:18 AM »
Damm this is coolOki
My name is Caitlin but normally when I use this usersame people will call me sky/ skyla
I've been in the fandom for about 2 years now
I found out about it from a friend that kept talking about it and I just went what the heck is Touhou. I ended up serching it up and then yea. I don't have contact with the person anymore ;-;
I don't really have any accomplishments other then beating SWR normal mode with Sakuya

Ok yep I'm a pretty boring person lol
Caitlin Was Here

« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2020, 01:32:14 PM »
Hello.  I am me.

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2020, 12:16:03 PM »
saber went on a diet and stopped eating :(

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2020, 07:59:39 PM »
Hah, just noticed that.  Alas, after years of nonstop eating, she is finally sated.  For now.

Tudi20

• Probably, the only Hungarian
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Tudi20#4424
    • Steam
« Reply #70 on: February 29, 2020, 05:22:04 PM »
Hi everyone!
For those who don't know me, I am the guy who usually translates stuff to Hungarian and help with various projects in the thcrap server. Although my knowledge isn't that high-tier.
For those who want a bit of a more personal info: I'm currently 19, and on the second semester of a Software Information Technology Bsc.

I found Touhou via the U.N Owen was Death Waltz conspiracy.
Also I suck at Touhou.

« Reply #71 on: February 29, 2020, 05:53:34 PM »
Welp, you know me.

Anna

• Anna-san the Blasphemous
  • I may have one arm but I have legs to kick your a-
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2020, 01:10:52 PM »
    I uh...I didn't see this thread at first before making my first post.

My name is Anna (Annawoo is also good enough for me).I'm a 24 year old mute,one-armed woman who doesn't leave her house. From the outside looking in irl,I wouldn't seem like the type to be here (I'm athletic and all that) but I'm not the most big brained. I enjoy learning the lore of Touhou and finding out more and more about the series. I draw,do my workouts,play games,and sit around and do nothing all day. Besides loving Touhou,I'm a massive Fate fan and I've occasionally done cosplay as fate characters(Mainly Jalter). I don't really do much else to be honest so...yeah.

I will play everything and anything except for certain mmorpgs but I have photographic knowledge of the entire Metal Gear Franchise.

So far concerning Touhou my achievements are:
    -15 on Lunatic with a flightstick
    -14 on Lunatic with a flightstick
    -13 on Lunatic with a flightstick
    right now I'm working on beating 11 and setting up a fishing rod controller.

I guess that's it?

The Dreamcast Fishing Rod is now my new Prosthetic arm.

SesMoge

• I used to play on the trombone for 9.5 years.
  • Nue Houjuu is best girl. =3
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • SesMoge#0379
    • Steam
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2020, 08:26:38 PM »

So far concerning Touhou my achievements are:
-15 on Lunatic with a flightstick
-14 on Lunatic with a flightstick
-13 on Lunatic with a flightstick
right now I'm working on beating 11 and setting up a fishing rod controller.

Hang on. You did touhou with a flight stick? What?? How does that work? Do you not get big delay from movement to in-game movement? Would you please explain in more detail? I thought a keyboard was best, for quick moves and correction.

PS: I should have read more throughly. Sorry if I came across as inconsiderate. My bad.

PSS: You know, I should have also written what I felt, like, playing touhou on a flight stick sound so cool. As in fighter jet cool. I remember a dude who replaced the steering wheel, gas and brake pedals in his mercedes, for a flight stick, because he was that muvh into figher jets and flying. That kind of cool.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 10:13:49 PM by SesMoge »
Death Waltz BLACK MIDI but it's played on a REAL PIANO (U.N. Owen Was Her?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpHvte7FBos

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2020, 08:31:20 PM »
Not to be snide, but reading the rest of her post may explain why she uses a flight stick instead of a keyboard.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

32th System

• Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • 32th System#4485
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2020, 09:22:09 PM »
You don't need a second hand if you have a flightstick (and pedals maybe)

« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2020, 01:43:25 PM »
Hello there new forum site.

I'm called Jester, and I love Touhou Project, my favorite character is Yuyuko Saigyouji.

I've Normal 1CC every main Windows Touhou game but PoFV and I play some fangames.

Pleased to meet you guys (again!)

P.S.: YukaYuyu is God

Anna

• Anna-san the Blasphemous
  • I may have one arm but I have legs to kick your a-
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2020, 02:44:06 PM »
Hang on. You did touhou with a flight stick? What?? How does that work? Do you not get big delay from movement to in-game movement? Would you please explain in more detail? I thought a keyboard was best, for quick moves and correction.

PS: I should have read more throughly. Sorry if I came across as inconsiderate. My bad.

PSS: You know, I should have also written what I felt, like, playing touhou on a flight stick sound so cool. As in fighter jet cool. I remember a dude who replaced the steering wheel, gas and brake pedals in his mercedes, for a flight stick, because he was that muvh into figher jets and flying. That kind of cool.

It's difficult to play but I make it work,the difficulty is what I like. Also with Antimicro I can adjust the sensitivity so it works pretty well,and it's decently responsive too

You don't need a second hand if you have a flightstick (and pedals maybe)

And Lol I have a prosthetic but it isn't very good for gaming and pressing buttons,but I'm working on that. I'm getting a new one for my birthday on the 20th  ;D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 02:47:24 PM by Anna »
The Dreamcast Fishing Rod is now my new Prosthetic arm.

« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2020, 09:11:28 AM »

Hi. I'm #4 on that list. Amazing how I can leave for a couple years and still be there.

I used to be Shrine Janitor, then a Global Mod, then an Admin, then back to a Global Mod. Then after a handful of years, I decided to relinquish myself of that duty. (Not like my services were needed much for those last couple years I was around.)

I don't go by Matsuri anymore, and I left due to wanting to leave behind a lot of intensely negative memories. And in that vein, this is not a return for me. But for those of you who may still remember me, I am still out and about and around.

I'm only really popping in because I had a random pang of curiosity to see what TSO had been up to this past week. And after a couple days of trying to find her without knowing recent usernames and such, my search ended tonight in finding out that she has passed and I did not have an opportunity to pay my respects before the old forum became archived.

This is my first and probably only post I'll be making, so I do not know if there's a post-locked forum where a proper thread for this may be located (I didn't find one as I glanced through what I do have access to), so I'll simply pay them here.

Rest in peace, TSO. Working with you on this forum in its prime was a pleasure-- a stressful pleasure, but a pleasure nevertheless. And in addition to that, this place and the roles I played alongside you helped me grow in some of the lowest times of my life. Hell, I spent literally over a year of my 30-year existence on this forum. It was a huge thing for me, even if it no longer is-- and I have you to thank for that. I always admired your kindness and passion for your endeavors. I considered you a friend, even if we had not talked in a few years. I apologize for never touching base and filling that blank. It feels self-indulgent of me to only now break my silence after it was too late. If text and awareness can reach into the beyond and you are out there reading this, you'll forgive me for that, right?

You helped me understand myself not for who I was, but who I wanted to become. I remember a few nights on IRC I spent spilling my guts to you about my personal insecurities and you had a hand in helping me figure myself out and become the (mostly) competent adult I am now.

Thank you.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
    • Sacchi#5268
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2020, 09:36:34 PM »
...Oh wow. Quite a bit happened since I stopped coming here. This is all a bit jarring, honestly, but I suppose starting on the new forum with the introductions thread is a good idea.

Hi, I'm Sacchi, a name which you have a 95% chance to have pronounced incorrectly (it's "Saki"). I am a 24-year old brazillian dude currently going through university for game development due to an extended love for games and art. I play games like Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy XIV and, as some of you might have noticed from my profile, Fallen London. My tastes are all over the place, so trying to explain them here is probably not a good idea.

My history on this site isn't exactly much despite having had about 3k posts in MoTKv2, I used to play P&D, now I have switched to F/GO mostly because of my boyfriend, and am currently trying to live through a burnout of Dragalia. I like telling stories and participating in them. I'm terrible at mafia, yet the game intrigues me to no end. I'm a depression survivor, incredibly in love with my boyfriend, unrepentant furry and incredibly awkward at conversation.

And Miko is the best character in 2hu. Don't @ me.

Here's to a good few extra years of MoTK!

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2020, 11:33:43 PM »
I popped in to the old forums, saw it migrated, saw a running Mafia game, and well... I like that stuff. Username from way back but I suppose it's how people'll recall me.

I'm a languages nerd, do some amount of work in localising LNs, and I spend more money on gacha games than I want to talk about. I'll be hanging around forum games and following the fanfics forum, since I love reading anything I can get my hands on.

« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2020, 12:48:23 AM »
Hey what's up, I go by Double.

I've been around the community since late '08, though most might not recall me as I spent most of the decade on the previous forum lurking. I did still participate in the occasional forum contest or just general posting from time to time though, and I played quite a bit in the community TF2 games and the latter part of the Minecraft server. However, the amount of times I visited the forum over the last 2-3 years dwindled more and more. Today was the first day I came to the site since maybe just before 2019 ended or just after 2020 started and there was quite a bit to process when I came back. It also seemed like my own personal activity with Touhou also kind of dwindled, but I still kept up to date for the most part on news and info surrounding it. But sometime last year to now I've been in a sort of "Touhou Renaissance" where my love for the series has been rekindled and I found myself wondering why it let up. Due to the activity decline of the old forum itself though I didn't start re-visiting more often in conjunction with that.

Anyways, I won't promise that I'll cast away the lurking ways or increase how often I'll stop by, but here's to a new era.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 02:25:09 AM by Double »

northernstar

• The Magic of Fantasy
  • What am I doing? I don't even know.
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2020, 12:41:40 AM »
Hey hey, call me northernstar. I am in high school, 14, and I live in the USA.

Honestly I wouldn't have even found Touhou if soundcloud's algorithm didn't direct me to Bad Apple that one time during 5th grade. (But then a while later I suddenly remembered about watching that one Minecraft video showcasing a Touhou mod when I was like 6-7, so...) I've been a huge fan since then; my first game was MOF.

Beyond that, I've 1cc a good amount of games, most recently DDC, and want to write this one Touhou fanfic that has been floating around in my head for a while, and quite possibly make it into a game, (thought i probably will have to learn how to actually code first  :-\) Other than that haven't really done much.

Beyond all that, I'm also northernstar in Azur Lane's Sandy server and in Girl's Frontline, and a (hopefully) budding author. My other interests are Vocaloid, Madoka Magica, and anything color guard/marching band.

That's about it, for now at least.

« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2020, 11:14:44 AM »
Hey everyone.

This is trancehime, call me trance, or whatever.

I guess you can call me one of the ancient users, this makes it my third iteration of Shrinemaiden that I have an account on.

I'm 27, which means it's been 13 years since I joined the community. Currently I work as a full-stack developer at a blockchain company (lul).

I'm just lurking here nowadays. I feel like I've drifted somewhat.

NOTE: If you want to reach me for whatever reason, I'm a lot more active on Discord - I've stopped frequenting IRC as much since. You can find me at astalotte#4951. Cheers.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 11:56:28 AM by trancehime »

« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2020, 10:38:30 PM »
Hi,

I've been lurking for almost a year now but it's time for me to join this forum.
My name is Alexandre, I'm 26, my main occupations are video games and movies, though I enjoy reading classic literature from time to time. Started playing shmups when I was something like 6 and Touhou when I was 16, but with many hiatus: which means my skill level isn't really high.
My favorite character is Byakuren (despite my current avatar), but I also really like Yuyuko and Marisa.
Besides Touhou, my favorite games are mostly retro games such as Super Metroid, or JRPGs such as the Kiseki and Ys series or Final Fantasy VI.

I'm not really good with introductions so I'll stop here  ;D
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 10:56:24 PM by Starcatcher »

« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2020, 01:12:35 PM »
This is a good place to put my first post, but I don't really have much to say at the moment. I made an account here on totally on a whim. I've certainly been aware of MoTK for a long time, but I've never really browsed the forums much or know anything about the community. That said, I do like Touhou a lot, so I figured it couldn't hurt having an account here?

I distinctly remember that my first exposure to Touhou was when I heard 'Wind God Girl' used in a youtube in 2009. I looked up where the track came from myself, and it was a really huge domino effect from there. That said, I wouldn't say I've been big into the franchise for the entirety of the last 11 years. It was only just a few years ago, probably starting from 2015 where I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) a burning passion for Touhou and it's been my favourite thing in the world since then, and will probably remain the thing most dear to me going forward.

I could say more about myself but I'll leave that for other avenues in the future or if anyone happens to be curious enough to ask. Great job on getting these new forums up and running, by the way!

« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2020, 06:07:02 PM »
It's been a while, but I'm back for now!

Anyway, I'm Sana and I'm 28. Apparently I registered back in 2009 but I think I was around for a bit before that? I disappeared from forums and such for a few years, so a bunch of stuff has changed for me since then. I used to work as a technical writer, but I recently quit that to try to get into art because I am a dumb. I'm in an illustration program right now, but the whole virus situation has put a damper on things so I'm not sure what'll happen after this.

Also, Renko is good.

« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2020, 06:43:18 AM »
Hello, I am KaoAli (AliceKaoru in the old shrinemaiden), given the recent events, in the end I must admit that I collect everything from the years that passed, I have an addiction for collecting old things, since there are things that are better to keep and that they don't get lost over time.

I have known touhou since 2007, and although many do not know me, I have a long history in this and in other things that have happened over the years as in nico nico douga. Within that I met shrinemaiden in which I also knew her old wiki that I want to relive it again.
From touhou I know everything from walfas animations and Iori E animations to toho 17, that includes absolutely everything from touhou in niconico douga and more

I have a degree in programming in different programming languages, I live in Chile, lately I try to be able to form my life away from my native home, and I hope I can be more often, so that it is a new beginning

Hyouiibara

• The bittersweet teacher of life
  • Best quote: "Hm, something smells weak~"
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2020, 04:57:49 AM »
Hi! I compose music, and nice to meet ya!
Name:Hyouiibara
Best girl:Koishi! Also, Sagume& Yuuka
Best song(Windows):Kobito of shining needle ~ 'Lil princess & Fall of fall ~ Autumnal waterfall
Best song(PC-98):Faint dream ~ Inanimate dream (Unused version, can't get YU-MU out of my head), and Romantic children
Story timeHow I got into Touhou: I was around 5 when I was introduced by anime (Yes, My Mom introduced it to me), and I liked Vocaloid covers a lot, and I found Bad Apple! Cover by Jubyphonic.
That's where it all starts...
So, I became an Undertale fan, and like the game (I'm NOT a furry that ships Sans with everyone, I'm innocent back there), but the interest fire quickly got put out in only a Year.

Then, I listened to Nitro fun's "Game over" and some of the part seems similar to me, and found a comment that said so, so I clicked onto the link, and boom, :cirnotan: Cirno's theme :cirnotan:

That's the first I even touched official things, but I don't have any interest in it, so I got back to Nitro fun's video.

Then, after some month's time-skip, I've seen the Bad Apple! MMD Version on Youtube and found some character like Reimu, Marisa, etc

Yaay, 2Hu near now
So I got OSU! And played Tear Rain (Like one of the tutorial), totally underrated song, I think, so I got to Youtube and seen some 2HU! 2HU! Comment and I reminded of the Tear rain.

Then, I found the Touhou wiki, and instead of Suika(I came because on the horns lol), I found Ran, so I know some characters (Reimu, Marisa, Cirno, Sakuya, and Ran), but I think this is not the right time, until...

I found a 1CC EoSD Sakuya on Youtube and decided to play EoSD! But I don't know how to install it, so I go to the Moriya shrine website (Thanks for a user in Touhou amino for giving me the intro!). I downloaded the Classic era first and played IN a lot until I 1CC'd Easy (Reisen laughs at the distance)

I wanted to experience the Modern Touhou, but it always ended up in DX Files error, soI asked in the Moriya shrine and downloaded the missing DX files (Thanks for Maden who helps me with this).

Touching the Touhou: 2012 or so (HM Trial, SoPM, WaHH Tankoubon, OSP Tankoubon, ZUN's marriage, TGA, first FS)
Entering the fandom:2019 (WBaWC)

Currently watching salt from ECB (You know him, right?)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 05:00:08 AM by Hyouiibara »
Ran is hard, Yukari is lunatic. Keep kalm and rember ur hepi dei

MakiBlank

• Maki
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • MakiBlank#1653
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2020, 08:39:20 AM »
Hello there, I am MakiBlank, a 15 year old living in Australia. I am currently learning to use danmakufu and have no coding background. My best girl is Maki Nishikino, but when it comes to Touhou my best girl is Marisa! I joined around last year on the 2nd MotK as I found it through my research on what to do for my passion project (ended up being danmakufu). I still have a long way to go in terms of playing the series, the only game I've played being Imperishable Night, which I have yet to beat. My favorite song from the series has got to be Heian Alien, just love how it sounds. I hope to get along with you all and learn more about this great world of Touhou!