Author Topic: Introductions thread  (Read 29364 times)

zentillion

• This is Nepgear.
  • Yep. Nepgear.
    • 9thzentillion#9585
Re: Introductions thread
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2020, 12:27:02 AM »
Name: Jason, but most people online just call me by my handle or a short derivative of it ("Ninth" or "Zent" or "Z").
Occupation: None, been on disability benefits for about a decade now. Far cry from becoming a paleontologist like I wanted to when I was a kid, haha.
Hobbies: Drawing, playing video games, online roleplaying, creative writing.
Touhou Discovery Point: Heard about it offhand from an old acquaintance, I think it was around when PoFV was new. Looked into it a little bit, and BAM, Touhou fandom gained a new member.
Favorite 2hus: Marisa, Sakuya, Yukari, Reisen, Kanako. I actually like a bunch but I'll keep it to 5.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2020, 01:39:33 AM »
Name: Kasu
Job: Part-time cashier/forever looking for full-time or a history gig somewhere. ;>;
Education: Four year Specialization in History degree with a minor in Classical Studies.
How I learned about the site: I... think I made my way over after discovering the site from the wiki over ten years ago and got hooked by the fanfiction/forum games back then. All I can definitively remember is that I was in Grade Nine and I had more interest in the world-building and the characters than I had in the games themselves.
Other Interests/Hobbies: Anime, manga, light novels, video games, and the history of shipping on the Great Lakes (I really really like shipwrecks). My go-to mobile/browser games are F/GO and Kantai Collection.
Future Goals: Finish paying off this student debt and find full-time somewhere so that I can finally get a place to call my own.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2020, 01:59:34 AM »
hello. it's me, the Touhou Project. happy to have registered.

edit: "Touhou" is not a legal username so I am now Sir Arthur Ignatius Conan Touhou
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 03:21:48 AM by Sir Arthur Ignatius Conan Touhou »

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2020, 06:04:44 AM »
Name: Mea, also pyoklii on some other sites
When: Came to know about touhou sometime in highschool, apparently I've been in the old motk since about 2011.
Touhou: Played a lot back in the day but stopped after I decided to stop pirating them but never could afford the games themselves. They're out on steam now so now seems a great time to hop back in. Got as far as LoLK, doing normal runs. Not so great at it. Imperishable Night was my first and remains my favourite game and overall cast (and era).
Interests: I like to draw, read, write, music, code. Wish I could do better at all of them. Working on it.

I mostly post only in the fire emblem heroes now, though I've felt like doing more for a while. Want to draw and write more.

Felis-Licht

• Light Aeon
  • Artist and Writer
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2020, 01:29:03 PM »
Hello, I'm Felis-Licht, sometimes also known as Fulisha~ My username's from an original, non-Touhou character of mine that I love dearly (a white winged cat with big ears~)
Been a Touhou fan since 2011 after discovering it through a fan game LP, Touhou Mother, though I didn't join MotK (V2) until a few years later, like maybe 2014 I think? I did lurk a bit though before joining because I wasn't sure if I'd be fully into Touhou.
I don't play the games as much as I used to, and even then I could only pass Easy, maybe Normal at best, but I liked playing it just for fun. I'm more interested in the written works and lore. My favorite game is Perfect Cherry Blossom, favorite written work is CoLA and my favorite character is Rinnosuke :3 (second to him is Koishi and Yukari)

I'm an artist who likes to dabble in a little bit of everything, to the point I tend to delve into too many side projects ;D Current art project of mine is a Madoka Magica Witch Project where the goal is to create 100 original Witches.
I like designing stuff the most, especially characters and whatnot. I also like writing short stories and making elaborate character bios lol~ I just like making original and fan stuff a lot because it's fun to create new things.
In relation to Touhou, I can draw ZUN style and I also make sprites for other people to use in Danmakufu, mainly player sprites, layouts and jewel cases, but I hope to make even more stuff.
Other than art, I also like other video games such as Pokemon and Pikmin. I'm personally fond of RPGs.

Personality-wise I'm kinda shy and quiet, especially irl.

KennyMan666

• Precursor
  • The Saga
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • KennyMan666#1335
    • One Piece: Pure Corruption
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2020, 02:32:11 PM »
'sup. I'm Kenny. I liked Touhou before it was popular.

Okay, that was deliberately to sound like a hipster, but I really did get into it before the big Touhou boom - started playing the games around 2003-2004, when IaMP and IN weren't even out yet. The detail I like to cite is that when I got into Touhou, Mima had been in more games than Sakuya. I was there before there was a Touhou Wiki, imagine that! Been on MotK since back then too, even if I have barely posted at all in recenter years. Two-time Swedish champion of PofV PofW, and even before that, won the very first tournament in a Touhou game to happen in Sweden (it was IaMP).

So, I am 33 years old and from, as you may have gathered, from Sweden. Technically a journalist in that I have a master's degree in journalism but hoo boy finding a job in that field is not easy. Currently working as an exam hall monitor at the university here in Sweden's second largest city.

I am a speedrunner and I write One Piece fanfiction. My interests include karaoke, as I am part of Sweden's oldest association for J-rock and karaoke.

My favourite anime of all time if Legend of the Galactic Heroes, my favourite manga of all time is Blade of the Immortal, and my favourite video game of all time is Mushihimesama Futari Black Label.

Alice is permanently the best Touhou followed by Marisa and Mima and I do not take opinions at this point in time
わしが男塾塾長、江田島平八である!!

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2020, 04:09:56 PM »
- Name, age, job or education status, country/location
Reaper gI, Ayrix, Komachi
31, doing a second degree part time, sometimes an IT contractor. UK/ North Wales  (we have sheep, rain, weird geology, and stone age archaeology)

- How did you learn about Touhou/find this site?
2008, whilst at university first time around. Friend showed me some of the games (I like shmups)

- What have you done so far in Touhou?

I suck but enjoy doing so, not much.

- Other interests or hobbies

Games, maths.

aListers

• Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • aListers#4598
    • Steam
    • My Newgrounds
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2020, 07:02:18 PM »
Name: aListers (Sometimes I also go by the names Smegheadclock, Listers, Listers6 or aListersNG)

Job: NEET (technically I'm a self-employed game programmer but until I actually make money off it I'm just a NEET)

Education status: University graduate (barely)

How did you learn about Touhou: There are multiple possibilities. I know I got into Vocaloid first and then that lead into Touhou. However, the three paths I could have gotten in were either through looking at the 4koma "Chibi Miku San" and then through the comments on it finding "Life of Maid" by Colonel Aki. The other possibility was Bad apple. I heard a Vocaloid cover early on and then when I found the full version I started looking further into Touhou. 3rd path was Kasane Territory. Heard that it was similar to both "Kero 9 Destiny" and "Cirno's perfect maths class." I know by this point I wanted to properly look into Touhou as Cirno was my favourite character to start off with.

How did you find out about this site?: I believe sombody was complaining about MoTK on Poolshmer. Poolshmer was a touhou imageboard that died some years ago. People often complained about the strict rules - often in regards to piracy. Hearing that this place was a fourm (Which was much more comfortable with me as a Newgrounder) I kept it in mind. After meeting Alice Margatroid in my dreams I wanted to shout it from a mountain so I found the dream thread on the previous site and started posting there. I stayed on that site till it started coming to an end and followed a thread from there that linked here.

What have you done so far in Touhou: Not much. My greatest achievement is passing ESoD on normal. I've gotten to red magic with 3 lives and still got rekt by it. I've passed every touhou game up to PoFV on normal. Also HSiFS. Played Antimony of Common Flowers on varying difficulty. Beat Shion on Lunatic which was actually quite a significant moment of my life. Currently stuck on Sagume on LoLK.

Other interests/hobbies: Well, I'm a big vocaloid fan. I'm also into gaming (I play a lot of RTS games, 4x games and right now a lot of Mordhau), game programming and HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 08:11:30 PM by aListers »

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2020, 07:44:41 PM »
I'm Raikaria. I don't too much like giving out personal stuff but I'm not a 27 year old Britlander who works assisting the medical industry. [I'm not a Doctor myself or anything; but still helpin' the NHS cogwheels turn]

I kinda just stumbled upon Touhou. I actually can't remember exactly how I came here. It has to be 8+ years ago now.

I don't actually play the games too much, I'm awful at them. I have 1CC'ed EoSD; IN [Magic/Scarlet] MoF and TD Normal. And I've made it to Stage 6 in PCB, and almost downed Mamizou. Instead I like delving into character things, history and myths. You'll usually see me around Rumia's Party Games or the Addict Center. Generally I'm the type to spout out character theories tying them into myths and such, or to bring up obscure facts like EoSD not being Windows Reimu's debut. I'm particularly fond of working with PC-98 theories since there's relatively little to go with there, yet the time I joined the Touhou community there was a lot of 'Why not Christian stuff in all this faith stuff' and PC-98 is actually very Christian/Western with it's references. Example: By tying together what little we have about Elly [Visual design; theme names; ect]; I've pinned her design down to a specific region of France. In my own headcanon; of course.

Other interests are mostly around gaming. Be it strategy or games like PoE that have loads of little things to tweak.

I also have a dreadful habit of overusing ; suddenly thinking of something after I've posted so editing, and being about as stubborn as Marisa is a kleptomaniac.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 07:53:31 PM by raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Dream Hunter Erebus

• Ancient Evil from the 80s
  • Give me your Easy Fries if you want to live
    • Twitter
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2020, 08:00:55 PM »
Yo, not many may remember me, but to those who do I'm Erebus. It's been a long time since I've been to the forums, but I decided to jump back in after I heard the old one was closing up. I've had a ton of memories with MotK and I couldn't see myself not being apart of the site coming back.

My history with touhou dates back to reading about it on a wiki then getting involved with the community right around the period where Mountain of Faith was still fresh off the presses. That said, I consider myself a novice at the actual games. I can manage a normal playthrough up until Stage 4-5 before I choke. Nevertheless, I love playing the games and the series as a whole has been a massive inspiration to me.

Favorite 2hus include - Seiga, Shinki, Satori, Letty and Yamame, but I generally like every character. There's not one I can say I dislike now.

Other hobbies are basically writing, drawing and dicking around in RPG Maker.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2020, 08:18:30 PM »
Hi there, I'm Dormio. I do absolutely nothing on this site and, to be honest, I have no idea why you're even bothering to read this past my name.
Frankly, I'm only really here to reclaim my old title from the prior forums.

What? You're still here? And you're interested in me? Oh my.
Well, if you still want more information about me, I used to do a few things on SMv2:
  • I'd occasionally host some forum games within the Moronic Colosseum. (Keyword: occasionally)
  • I was a part of the MotK mafia community. (Swadomeh still sucks)
  • I was a part of the niche DotS circle. (rizock still sucks)
  • I'd also just idle a lot on the site. (In case you didn't know)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 08:30:19 PM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

iPadDerek

• Still here somehow
    • Twitter
    • iPadDerek#4878
    • Steam
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2020, 05:44:52 AM »
Hello all, I am iPadDerek, or Derek, or whatever really. This is mainly a copy paste from the last time I did introductions, 8(?) years ago? Jeez, it's been awhile.

I am 21 and still in the middle of nowhere Kansas. I vaguely remember stumbling across some Touhou videos when I was around 7 or 8, and discovered this site (v2) back in 2012. I'm really into computers and creating music. I would definitely say that Touhou, both the games and the community has had a big influence on me.

Despite the fact that I've been playing these games for almost a decade, I still haven't 1CC'd a single game on normal yet, but I haven't given up yet! I'd also like to try and interact more with the community this time around, rather than just making one post and lurking for the rest of the time. This is an exciting time, and I'm looking forward to the future here!

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2020, 06:53:52 AM »
Sorry I can't share personal info at the moment but I have an interesting story I would like to share.

So The first time I ever saw/heard Touhou was back in 2009 a Youtube vid called "Windows 7 Crazy Error HD!". That song  had that "Marisa stole the precious thing" song. Man the Internet was great back then. Then I dug deeper down the Youtube spiral in 2010ish and saw UN owen, Bad Apple Synthesia then Bad Apple and on on.... As I listened I saw the word "Touhou" and looked into the wikia to learn more about it.  I went on to listen  many boss musics and stage theme songs and I loved every single one of it. Now the first time I played the game starting with EoSD was back around 2013. I stumbled a lot with easy mode with max lives then gradually improved to default lives until I first 1cc on easy mode. Then I realized that easy mode is not the way you clear the game, so I stumbled again and again in Normal with max lives then gradually and slowly improved with default lives until finally I got my first 1cc on normal. I progressed on toward later games in chronological order. Each game has that atmosphere that evokes nostalgic memories. Good times. Good times...

Well that's my tale of the story. Cheers to the future! I guess.

I discovered this site around few years ago and I was mostly inactive. I was busy "in real life", so I hope I can talk more.

As of right now I cleared all the mainline games  on normal plus extra with several hard along the way.

P.S: I don't know who is my favorite character there are so many to choose I can't choose "the one".

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
  • Whatcha' doing?
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2020, 09:42:52 AM »
I looked up when I registered on MotK v2, and I couldn't believe it was already 2011. I've not been very active in that time though, trying to change it this time around.

Anyways, I'm Piranha, working as a (male) nurse, around my thirties and from Germany.

How did you learn about Touhou/find this site?:
My first point of contact was Nazrin fanart that popped up here and there (mostly danbooru for me at the time) after UFO was released. I saw it and wondered who the cute mouse girl was. Since I had only seen catgirls until that point, I was not used to other kemonomimi characters. The same happened with other characters like Yuuka and Yukari, and I was seeing the "Touhou" tag more and more. After a while I decided to check out what Touhou was, and stumbled upon the games. Not too long after I discovered MotK, the doujins at gensokyo.org and so much more.

What have you done so far in Touhou?:
Mostly Normal 1CC's (Th6-10 done), though my last attempts on that were in 2013, so I'm quite rusty (Jesus, has it really been that long?!?). I do play the new games in Easy though when they come out. Since I'm a bit of a completionist, I want to get 1CC's with all shottypes for every game. Also completed TH6/7 Extra stages. Dabbled a bit in StB and made the mistake to try Kinkaku-ji way before I was ready for it (sitting at 6325 shots...). In hindsight, maybe that was the thing that made me quit last time around. :P

However, LoLK definitely reignited my love for the games, so I'm going for the 1CC's all over.

Favorite 2hus:
Choosing is extremely difficult, but I guess Youmu, Koishi, Kogasa, Nazrin and Aunn are just a bit above the rest for me.

Other interests or hobbies:
Mostly Manga and Anime, video games and cooking.

Nine-Ball

• Target verified
    • Mileage#1637
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2020, 11:13:21 AM »
Well, I never introduced myself in the previous site so might as well do it here not that I'm ever active there.

You can call me Nine or Mileage, I think I first discovered Touhou when I heard one of its music a decade or so ago? Although I didn't immediately start following it, some time later when I was bored and somehow stumbled upon a gameplay video of it then I thought it looked pretty fun and tried playing some of the games, stumbled upon the lore, manga, etc and here we are.

Managed to Normal 1cc most of the main games, currently still trying to 1cc the remaining games when I got the time to do so, favourite game is IN and best girl is Yukari also no fighting games, probably ever, because apparently I really suck at fighting games

« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2020, 12:44:20 PM »
Hello there, name's Zizzwing you can call me Zizz.

I've been lurking the forum anonymously for a long time (since 2012). I guess this is my first real interaction with the site, since on MoTK v2 I did not post anything. I've started playing Touhou during "the golden age" which is between 2010 & 2011 where Bad Apple, IOSYS, /jp/, and Touhou related contents started appearing left and right. Since then I've played all official Touhou games and finished several easy and normal 1CC's, read the official works and doujins, watched Cookie☆ YTPMVs, and currently waiting patiently for another RenMariTM adventures.

I hope this new forum can thrive splendidly in this new decade, and bring more 2hu fans into the great community here.

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2020, 04:19:37 PM »
Hey there, David Foxfire here.  I've been warming up to Touhou for quite some time.  Definitely love "Memories of Phantasm" and a good bunch of the remix songs.  I've even designed a character for another D&D campaign setting based on Marisa Kirisame.

Right now I'm considering coding my own Touhou style game (Gameplay Wise, I'll have my own IP for the setting.)  I'm going through some tutorials on how to code games from scratch (Using Java) and would like to get to know others who are doing the same time.

I look forward to hearing from you all and hope to enjoy hanging out this place.

skelerin

• CEO of Innumerable Regrets
  • Flower Viewing 「Flowers of the Soul」
    • skelerin#4712
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2020, 04:37:12 PM »
heyo, the name's Skelerin. I'm 18, working on beating highschool. I discovered MoTK around a month or so ago, but as registration was closed I just stalked the forums as a guest.

My first experience with Touhou was shortly after the release of LoLK - I was recommended the game by a friend, and spent the whole summer trying to 1CC it.After that, I dived into the music circle part of youtube, and the series ended up as one of my all-time favorites. I mostly write fanfics and speculate on the vague corners of lore, as well as read official (and doujin) print works. I've cleared IN, UFO, DDC, HSiFS and SA so far, but only on normal - my dodging skills aren't so stellar... and played a few of the fighting games. Favorite character is Sagume hands-down, but Eirin is a close second.

I enjoy playing RTS and simulation games, reading, and drawing in my free time.

Wamby

• Meaningless Curator
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2020, 06:48:52 AM »
I'm Wamby, I'm Australian, and I have no idea what I'm doing. I found Touhou from some flash animations on YouTube (2011 I think), but I didn't get fully into it until around Ten Desires. Funnily enough, I like Miko's gang, and it was the first game I 1cc'd on Normal. I do some average art, and studied Japanese for two years (although it's rusty and there's still loads to learn.) I love folklore/myth/legend etc, and I have some weird fascination with people's fan-made ideas (OCs, ZUN-like music, that sorta thing. It's why I decided to jump onto here.) Although, I'm not the best at being super active because it takes me ages to get over being shy.

Despite that, YO 8)

« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2020, 07:02:04 AM »
Hai domo, Zengar here o/
Latin American, literally just 29 years old, almost done with chem engineering
Been a member of the community from the earliest days of V2, spurred on by liking the gameplay, and then tripping into this little niche of ours.
Lately I've been barely into Touhou things, but that doesn't mean I should completely disappear, should I?

« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2020, 07:31:26 AM »
I'm still around. Still in uni, but I'll graduate this year. I live in America and I'm studying electrical engineering. Dunno if anyone will remember me but I heard about what happened and decided to check in.

WindyKitsune

• Lumin(ifer)ous Touhouism
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2020, 09:46:29 AM »
Hi, I'm WindyKitsune. I'm into Touhou since 2015 and I'm one of (not pretty active) members of MotK v2 since mid 2016.

General info: 26, university student, Italy.
How I learned about Touhou: One day of January/February of 2015 I bumped on Gensokyo Radio while browsing on online radio lists. I liked the music, so I discovered Touhou.
How I learned about MotK: I suppose search engines do their job pretty well. An alternative interpretation is redirected from Touhou Wiki, but I don't remember exactly now.
What I have done on Touhou: I'm slowly going forward on danmaku games, at the moment I have 1cc'ed Normal on EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, HSiFS. I'm learning to draw to make some acceptable Touhou fanart and currently trying to restart the Italian Touhou community.
Interests in Touhou: Danmaku games are good as always, however in the last year I'm more into fighting games (SWR + Hisoutensoku). I enjoy both original and arranged Touhou music. Well, I'm also an illustration collector.
Other interests: I like programming and interested in tech + science stuff.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 10:22:00 AM by WindyKitsune »

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2020, 12:23:56 PM »
I'm still around. Still in uni, but I'll graduate this year. I live in America and I'm studying electrical engineering. Dunno if anyone will remember me but I heard about what happened and decided to check in.

Anyone who is anyone remembers Guile's Theme Going With Douchebag Peter Parker.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Lusus

• YouTube
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2020, 04:17:38 PM »
Hello~

I'm Lusus, I'm 20 years old, I'm a Normal mode player who is trying to move to harder difficulties after recently clearing Hard EoSD. I also make fights in Danmakufu sometimes...well I only made 2 in 8 or so months hehe~
I've known Touhou for a long time, but I only decided to get into it about a year ago. And ever since I've mainly played Touhou games and mainly listened to Touhou music (both ZUN's and fanmade). You could say I have become a Touhou fanatic in the past year.
My favorite Touhous change fairly frequently but Gengetsu, Junko, Mamizou, Kokoro, Nue, Orin and Momiji tend to be in the top.
I'm not sure how active I'll be since I haven't used a forum to communicate in about 6+ years and nowdays I prefer Discord, but I figured I might as well make an account and introduce myself. I'll most likely be active in gameplay threads and RaNGE.

Huziwara no Mokou

• Hourai Incarnate
  • Oh, so this trial of guts is for ME?
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2020, 07:22:54 PM »
Let's see... I've been around in this community for over 11 years, since just about beginning, so you could call me a veteran. I share a similar name and avatar as the one before.
- My real name is a secret, so just call me Mokou.
- How did I learn about Touhou? From a friend who I used to play Runescape with. In popped TH8 and fell in love with the Danmuku and music - it was mesmerizing, and still is. I liked reading the light novels too.
- I've played all of the Touhou games, and made a couple of Danmakufu scripts of my own.
- My hobbies include beer and programming. I do FOSS stuff in my spare time and release most of my stuff under the GPL. I like to hang out in IRCs. Most of my non-TH related stuff involves DirectX and more recently OpenGL, because I love to toy with shaders and with Unix.

Anywho, it's good to be back.You'll probably find me dwelling in the Q&A section in Rika's Garage or the IRCs.

madpierrot

• Shanghai Alice in Lotus Land
  • 回転する度、万華鏡のようにその姿を変える上海
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2020, 11:56:53 AM »
I made an account on the previous version of MoTK like two years ago but never posted with it because the tight knit community always seemed kind of intimidating to break into. Well it's now or never I guess. Hearing about the unfortunate news regarding this community this past week made me decide to come check things out again.

I'll go by madpierrot here. I learned about Touhou around 2011~2012 through YouTube videos (mainly YTPMVs, MUGEN stuff and those iconic IOSYS PVs). I instantly fell in love with and became a fan of the series because of it's unique aesthetic and awesome music. So far I've 1cc'd every game on normal mode and cleared every extra besides LoLK's one. I'm working on hard clears now but I've postponed that indefinitely due to college stuff/lack of time. Living that American Dream right now :p ... I do still occasionally play the games just for fun though. My favorite game is MoF (nostalgia) but, in terms of game mechanics, I enjoy HSiFS a great deal and play it at least once a week.

Welp that's pretty much all I'd like to say. My interaction with the fandom is limited outside of Discord. But I wanna try this out. I'm vastly knowledgeable on esoteric Touhou trivia so maybe I'll talk a bit about it over here sometime. Also damn I have a habit of staying up late on Saturdays (<- guilt)

Shanghai; a city ever-changing in appearance like a rotating kaleidoscope

SesMoge

• I used to play on the trombone for 9.5 years.
  • Nue Houjuu is best girl. =3
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • SesMoge#0379
    • Steam
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2020, 12:02:48 PM »
Wow, I feel old when I think back to when I first joined Shrinemaiden in 2013. I was immature, and were going through the period of “I want to draw good, but without the hard work”.

In the time of writing, I am unemployed, but working to get a stable job. Was really sad when I saw a vinyl album of Doki Doki Litterature Club go out of stock, and I didn’t have the money to buy it. Need a job to support my hobbies.
I turn 24 next month, and live in Norway.
Did you know, there is a huge lack of Touhou merch in the last Desucon convention. I only managed to get hold of a few beanies of Marisa, Reimu, Sakuya and Sanae.

Sad to learn that Helvetica passed away. My deepest condolences to the close related, and to the whole community.

I have been following Gensokyo Radio for about a year now, and my main interests are music, cars, touhou and tech. I discovered Touhou through music, and I will leave a link to that here. May we all have a good time, in this decade to come. =3

*HD* Piano Tutorial - How to play the hardest song of all time
https://youtu.be/5F7GNQAO4T4
Death Waltz BLACK MIDI but it's played on a REAL PIANO (U.N. Owen Was Her?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpHvte7FBos

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2020, 12:11:21 PM »
Hi, I'm Tempest.

I'm 26. I currently live in France, with plans in progress to move to the United States.

Don't have many Touhou-related achievements, other than 1CC Normal of EoSD (replay files here and here, both of which are dated July 2009) and 1CC Normal of PCB (replay files lost), after which I've stopped playing the official games entirely, because in all sincerity, I suck at playing them ^^;

Now, the most Touhou-related things I do are collecting doujin music albums, listening to Gensokyo Radio (and being active on their Discord), and generally anything to do with music. Touhou music has been something I referred to as my lifeline with the fandom  - no matter how active I was, and throughout all kinds of life events and hardships, the music was there for me in a certain sense, and I've grown very attached to it, for its amazing wealth of musical styles, genres, circles and groups, and sheer quantity of albums. There's always something new to listen to... and there are many albums and sometimes specific tracks with lots of emotional value for me.

Favorite Touhou arrange circles: Ad libitum records, Alice's Emotion, Angelic Quasar/Rolling Contact, Demetori, Digital Wing, Mohican Sandbag, ShibayanRecords, Jerico's Law, and many more.

First found out about Touhou in November 2008, I was at the time into Stepmania, I discovered some of the original music (and some arranges, too) through Gpop's Touhou Pad Pack, asked a friend "Hey, where's that cool music from", then one thing led to another and I ended up in Gensokyo. Hard to believe it's been over 11 years, as of the time of posting this.

I was (somewhat) active on MotK v2 and (especially) on the PPIRC server (channels #shrinemaiden and #scarlet-library) from roughly 2009 to maybe 2012 or 2013, I'm not entirely sure about the actual years, but it's around that time period. All I'm sure of is that I was on Windows XP at the time, and have very distinct memories of firing up mIRC every day, auto-joining these channels and a few others, and talking with a number of regulars, especially on #scarlet-library.

Relatedly, I'm not sure if anyone will remember me from back then, especially #scarlet-library people, but if you do, send a PM or hit me up on Discord, I'd be happy to chat, talk about the past, answer questions and whatnot. And though it's been said many times, may TSO rest in peace.

As for everyone else, hi, I hope I'll be able to fit in on these new forums and on the Sea of Tranquility server, and maybe make new friends as well.

7TC7

• Your level of hope can't fulfill me
    • YouTube
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2020, 08:33:08 PM »
Hi, the name is 7TC7. Also sometimes Black-Cat.
I am 30 years old, am from Austria and am studying English in University

My biggest contributions to the community probably includes my very old playthrough of the PC-98 Touhou games at a time when there wasn't really anything like that on YouTube yet - a new version of which can be found on my YouTube channel, alongside an ever newer version in progress currently among many other Touhou game videos, as well as other shmups and fighting games. [/selfpromotion]
Oh, and I'm also the person that named the Five Magic Stones.

I learned about Touhou back in winter 2006/07. I was frequenting an image-sharing site called Minitokyo at that time and was looking at newly uploaded pictured each day. There I stumbled upon art by TOKIAME (who does the art for TH17.5 to my great pleasure) including the following picture: http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=31974
Minitokyo wasn't very helpful in telling me much about the picture, but it was labeled as being by the artist "Touhou". I just saved the pictures in a Touhou folder, as I did for many other artists and moved on with my life. But soon more pictures of that "artist" appeared (really, it was multiple artists, but they were all labeled as being made by Touhou). I really liked the character designs I saw, so I eventually wanted to find out more about them. I typed Touhou into YouTube, got confused by the shooting games and finally stumbled about IaMP videos which featured the silver haired girl I saw in the first picture I liked. I fell in love with the music of the gamse, started looking up the characters in the videos, found the Touhou Wiki and eventually these forums.

I generally have never left the confines of Normal Mode, although with some games I am more comfortable with I have ventured into Hard Mode on occasion. I have completed every Extra Stage and 1ccd every official game. I enjoy the music and the amount of fanart being produced daily and have enjoyed my time in this fandom to the fullest.
I was never very active in the forums, unless something really peaked my interest (like new games being released) and I doubt this will change, but I will enjoy watching mostly silently over the rebirth of this page.

^ Picture leads to my YouTube channel

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • fsvgm777
    • Steam
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2020, 08:45:56 PM »
Hi, I'm fsvgm777 (real first name Stéphane), a 28-year old person from Luxembourg. I work as a state employee for the administrative court.

I learned from Touhou from other people from a different website who also played games from the series. It piqued my interest at first, but only really became a Touhou fan after playing the Koumajou Densetsu games (which are Castlevania-likes).

I have 1cc'd PoDD on Normal with all characters, LLS, EoSD, PCB, IN (FinalA), MoF and SA. However, I rarely, if ever, play the Touhou games anymore, as my focus shifted.

I mainly play video games (mostly platformers, though), but I also tend to watch a bit of TV or a movie if it interests me.