Author Topic: Touhou GTA SA Modpack Jetpack Fix + Mini Radio Mod  (Read 11078 times)

Touhou GTA SA Modpack Jetpack Fix + Mini Radio Mod
« on: December 01, 2021, 09:40:45 AM »
Hey guys, if you have played the GTA SA Touhou modpack you may have noticed that the documentation of the modpack is lacking in some parts, and it has a bug here and there, if you want to experience it for yourself, check it here https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=25360.0

If you have played a bit, you may have noticed that CJ has the ability to throw an explosive gohei with Lock On + Forward + Run, this doesn't net you any police stars but it can get in the way many times, and is undocumented in the pack's readme files.
But while using the Jetpack, if you trigger the gohei throw, your Jetpack will simply dissapear, this can make the Green Goo mission hell when playing on gamepad, but luckily it can be fixed by removing the corresponding files in the CLEO folder.

Go to wherever you have installed the game, and into the CLEO folder, for me its
"Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\CLEO"
and in there, move or delete the files mind.cs and mind.txt and voila, your jetpack will now stop dissapearing while trying to aim and move.

EDIT: So after playing the mod and beating the story, I can say that the ads on this mod are annoying to say the least, the modmaker wasn't much of a Touhou guy from what I read, and added a ton of Team Fortress 2 sh*tposts to the ads stream, so I took the liberty of cleaning it.
This version of the adverts file replaces most long TF2 sh*tposts with one file that was in the mod too, but this one is at least Touhou related unless im high on mushrooms, I tried to add the life up sound from zungames but that bugged the radio, so pick your poison.
Download link https://mega.nz/file/GtBgVTaL#6nDhaA-8Ttj833iqgeY_N0hSihcODBBaXZGCCLBpr-8
To install, go to your Touhou GTA San Andreas\audio\streams and replace the adverts file, backup the old one just in case, then replace the TrakLkup.dat in the GTA San Andreas\audio\CONFIG
It just gets me on my nerves that you could be listening to akyuu synthstation and then the next track is a 4 minute TF2/Valve sh*tpost that you can't skip with the available mods...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 11:34:14 AM by kael070 »

Reimu6

Re: Touhou GTA Vmod Jetpack Fix
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 04:59:58 PM »
Touhou GTA. Makes sense, mmd sprite reimu running around committing crimes. ok i havn't played, but seems fun. :cirnotan: :meiling:

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 10:05:40 PM »
That's something we needed. This is an useful contribution. I hope that one day someone decides to sit down on this mod and rework it once more (It gets really annoying when you listen to some chill chiptunes and then get your ears screwed by loud YTP music). I'd like to see two versions - one with just replaced models and textures + audio and other with more CLEO mods like that spell card one (just a concept of mine. It would probably be for the best).. I remember the last time I played, the mod was full to the brim with lots of scripts that ultimately resulted in various crashes throughout the story mode (or even freeroam gameplay, at least Black Project crash has been addressed in an update which is of help). Thanks.

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 06:36:58 AM »
I wanted to make a version without any adverts at all but the game bugged the radio when I tried to import a new file, or an empty one, so the radio would just stop playing until you manually changed the station, if someone else finds a way to add an empty file to the adverts, feel free to post it.

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2022, 07:57:45 AM »
I wanted to make a version without any adverts at all but the game bugged the radio when I tried to import a new file, or an empty one, so the radio would just stop playing until you manually changed the station, if someone else finds a way to add an empty file to the adverts, feel free to post it.

How about putting in extra songs for the adverts?

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2022, 11:31:59 AM »
How about putting in extra songs for the adverts?
I dont think that is a good idea since adverts are shared between all stations, so if we put an IOSYS song on adverts, it can play on Akyuu's Synthstation...

You are welcome to try changing them with this utility but for me new files added bugged the radio sadly.
https://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=5777