Author Topic: MotK v3 scoreboard status  (Read 15533 times)

Karisa

• Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Karisa109
MotK v3 scoreboard status
« on: February 19, 2020, 06:23:22 AM »
Edit: Feel free to submit.

The scoreboards have been tweaked for the new site, including:
- rewriting the first posts, for consistency throughout the various threads (including replacing the screenshot of their title screen, since several image links broke over time)
- replacing gensokyo links with archive links
- replacing the occasional <a href> link with a normal url tag
- labeling YouTube/Twitch links as "Video" rather than "Replay"
- adding a slowdown column to LLS/MS

The policy of removing scores of people who were banned/left the site has not been carried over (and even if it were, bans are reset with the new site anyway), and neither has the policy of truncating categories at 30 entries. Any scores that were removed due to these policies have been restored to the best of my knowledge.

An archive of v2's final scoreboards can be found here, including all the replays that were posted as attachments.

The Touhou Hall of Records spreadsheet is still available, as well.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 11:29:09 AM by Karisa »

latiasred

Re: Scoreboards are in progress, please wait warmly
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 03:12:58 AM »
hmm, what im getting is we cant (or shouldnt at least) make new scoreboards yet??

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 04:33:46 PM »
hmm, what im getting is we cant (or shouldnt at least) make new scoreboards yet??
That's what I'm getting by the last line in the OP:

Please don't recreate scoreboards for official Touhou games. If you have any submissions to make in the meantime, feel free to post them here. (Anyone's allowed to create scoreboards for fan games, as usual.)
Emphasis mine. If you have scores to post, leave them in this thread for the time being.

Karisa

• Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Karisa109
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 09:10:48 AM »
New scoreboards are mostly posted. They've also been prefixed to allow easy sorting by name. Still missing th06-th09, which should hopefully be coming soon. Done. 7-8 needed to be broken into 2 posts though.

Gensokyo links have been fixed. Replays that were posted as MotK v2 attachments have not been fixed, since we're waiting for a full v2 archive with attachments to be hosted.

Fan game scoreboards haven't been recreated yet, since they mostly rely on MotK attachments.

9.5/12.5 are complicated and may be coming later. If possible, I'd like there to be single-scene scoreboards, but there'd need to be a more practical update method for that (far too much work to potentially add dozens of replays to the first post every submission).

Tell me if you find any errors, inconsistencies, or broken links (not counting v2 attachments).
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 06:01:35 PM by Karisa »

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
Re: MotK v3 scoreboard status
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 01:57:39 PM »
EDIT:

HSE archive for offline use, Open board_44.html and you'll have the board index with all the threads in one page.

For an easier time finding them in the original threads (assuming you haven't gotten things sorted on your own), editing motk-common.css with something like:

Code: [Select]
a.bbc_link[href*="attachments"] {
    color: yellow;
}
Would help.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 06:10:12 PM by Barrakketh »

Despatche

• アノ地球ヲ、コワスタメ。
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 12:52:12 AM »
Does the "wait for new threads" policy also apply to closely related games like Seihou, Samidare, etc? Or can anyone go ahead and make threads for those?

Karisa

• Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Karisa109
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2020, 02:19:45 AM »
Those didn't have scoreboards on the old site, so go ahead.

KirbyComment

• Former disciple Poddophile
  • PC-98/Photogame Scoreplayer, TASer
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • KirbyComment#8925
    • Restart Syndrome
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2020, 04:17:48 PM »
Should trial scoreboard, TAS scoreboard and Hall of Records be reposted as well?
Latest high-score get! :

SoEW Lunatic ReimuA - 42,942,800 - Replay
PoDD Hard Mima - 106,552,090 (WR) - Replay
MS Normal Mima - 139,776,270 (WR) - Replay

Karisa

• Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Karisa109
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2020, 11:47:11 AM »
I'm starting to wonder if it's worth reposting all the fan game threads, now that the old site going offline is no longer an issue. Most of them had almost no submissions; it might be better to only repost the scoreboards that had some activity (trials, Flash games, Suwapyon, PT, SSS)? Any thoughts?

A TAS discussion thread is fine, though that thread wasn't actually a scoreboard.

Karisa

• Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Karisa109
A re-examining of MotK's scoreboards
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2020, 06:07:34 PM »
With recent discussion I'm starting to wonder--

What's the goal with MotK's scoreboards? I've been updating them for years, and with the lack of discussion I restarted them mostly as is, but I'm not sure anymore. The new site is a chance to re-examine policies.

Are the scoreboards a place for friendly competition within the community? If so, perhaps it'd be better to restart the scoreboards for v3 members? The older scores could be seen as crowding the scoreboards, discouraging people from posting new scores. Is it productive to retain the v2 scores?

Is it important to retain the v2 scores? There's scores dating back to v1 threads from 2004; it might feel wrong to separate them from v3 scores, even if the older scores are still in the archive.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 01:09:28 AM by Karisa »

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2020, 03:54:09 PM »
Could anyone upload those fangame score file especially SSS,since I need it to unlock all character EX stage.I can't seem to find any website or forum that could provide score file for the fan game.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 05:43:30 PM by Prometheus »