Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1053705 times)

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #1920 on: March 15, 2020, 07:08:18 AM »
Not got much more time, I just managed to wake up early.

I also find it interesting that I suggest Conq is scum and his immediate reaction is 'I might need to change my opinion on this guy almost everyone feels is town'. Sounds OMGUS.

Raikaria - right now, my position on Conq is that he is a good player who seems towny from approach and actions.  From what I've read, the better play is for me to assume he's town.  I could do a deep dive on him which might change my mind, but I don't feel like doing that right now.

Hmm.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Nuxl

• smogon.com/forums/members/nuxl.149971/
  • smogon.com/forums/forums/circus-maximus.78/
« Reply #1921 on: March 15, 2020, 07:13:57 AM »
damn I wanted to roll out my final readlist and you have to post nuxl

what a nerd

didn't see this but i'm basically doing this right now

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #1922 on: March 15, 2020, 07:14:31 AM »
it's because rai keeps bringing up the oar/conq team as the reason he's voting oar. it's even in his vote switch postwhere are you getting the idea that rai's vote on oarfish is coming from somewhere else?

I bring it up as the reason I am voting O4r over Serela.

It is not the sole reason why I scumread O4r. I have an entire post where I'm giving reasons for my O4rfish vote; such as him 'scumreading' SB as his #1 read yet never caseing him or voting for him. Also an early D3 post which seems to be an attempt to sow distrust in people's townreads.

This is a misrep. You're labeling my O4rfish vote as only being because of my You+O4r theory, while in actuality I think he's scummy in his own right and my theory is only what's the deciding factor. I even say I'm about equal on Serela-O4r and flip a while after saying this.

But your defending of O4r and misrepping of my case really dosen't help my opinion.

I'll direct you to my O4rfish case:

https://www.shrinemaiden.com/index.php?topic=84.msg2791#msg2791

Got to go now.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Nuxl

« Reply #1923 on: March 15, 2020, 07:14:44 AM »
Not got much more time, I just managed to wake up early.

I also find it interesting that I suggest Conq is scum and his immediate reaction is 'I might need to change my opinion on this guy almost everyone feels is town'. Sounds OMGUS.

Hmm.

can you do me a favor and check page 7-8 for me real quick? i'm right there right now and want to see if you can notice something

Nuxl

« Reply #1924 on: March 15, 2020, 07:20:16 AM »
damn I wanted to roll out my final readlist and you have to post nuxl

what a nerd

Are you like making this right now? Are you waiting for me?

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #1925 on: March 15, 2020, 07:21:06 AM »
Also worth noting that in O4rfish's replies he completely ignores to elaborate again on why he reads SB is scum or if this is even the case anymore. Something I've heavily called him out for. It feels like the SB scumread is *just there*

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #1926 on: March 15, 2020, 07:24:17 AM »
I bring it up as the reason I am voting O4r over Serela.

It is not the sole reason why I scumread O4r. I have an entire post where I'm giving reasons for my O4rfish vote; such as him 'scumreading' SB as his #1 read yet never caseing him or voting for him. Also an early D3 post which seems to be an attempt to sow distrust in people's townreads.

Other reasons for O4r vote:

He was involved in both mislynches.
Generally quite defe3nsive whenever EoS is placed on him. [And I'm not the only one to call this out]

Main reasons for Serela EoS:

Not much caseing
Only easy votes the entire game; including now
Was really quite angry when the Shadoweh wagon started to lose steam, despite his case basically just being 'lurker bad'.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1927 on: March 15, 2020, 07:24:54 AM »
Are you like making this right now? Are you waiting for me?

Letting you throw out your thoughts, not really waiting, it takes a while to write.

Nuxl

« Reply #1928 on: March 15, 2020, 07:27:12 AM »
Letting you throw out your thoughts, not really waiting, it takes a while to write.

Ok. See you in a while then.

ActionDan

• ActionDan #8906
« Reply #1929 on: March 15, 2020, 07:31:57 AM »
Hmm ok.

I've read up on D3 for Dusk/Conq and further back for Nuxl/Niektory.

Firstly the emotion on display early on from both Conq/Dusk can be faked to an extent. I would not mention this (because who are we to police emotions?) but Dusk's quickness to sympathize with Conq for two different types of depressing contexts (surviving the night vs surviving the lynch) and townread him off that alone raises an eyebrow. #1767 in particular erks me for that reason but also because "Nuxl is modspewed town" is way too liberal of a stance to take when there is a very easy way to see how kilga could have posted "scum have day-talk" if prompted by scum nuxl.

Was I trying to look like rp? Yes, for two reasons:

It makes me less likely to get lynched, this is pro town not just pro survivability. I know shaodweh is not town pr because she has claimed by, and I believe she is mafia. Of course it is pro town to have her lynched over me, who I know is town. My scum read getting lynched is always better than me getting lynched, that's a fact.

While the rest of the post this snippet is quoted from makes sense to me, I'm having a hard time reconciling this first paragraph with a town perspective. Firstly as town it is hard to overcome the instinct to tell the truth to people who, mostly, are deliberating in good faith between you and another person to be lynched. Secondly, in context, withholding this information was detrimental to survival at that point considering people's opinions circulating at the time, so the theoretical underpinnings here are undermined by empirical evidence to the contrary.

Post #1815's vote on Serela is not a good one. Rai's case as presented is not a bad one. But even I knew just from reading through it that it missed a lot of the followup serela did with those votes — and even without that context, the case is hardly a slam dunk. The vote there is overeager when normally you'd take the time to digest that and do due diligence.

Looking at Conq's side of D3, the tilting aspect is null, I've seen him do that as scum and town before. Conq's responses to Raikaria/Smartbomb flow quite naturally. I particularly liked the "perspective slip" comment wrt to Raikaria in #1862. I'm not sure that's something he'd be thinking about if he were scum. In general his mindset with his posts comes across fluidly to me.

This is a competent thought from Niektory's 1396.

Now that I think about it there probably wasn't that much reason for scum to push hard for Abu lynch unless either Raikaria or Duskfall98 was scum. So the Serela vote was weak and it's probably better to focus on those two.
Raikaria seems town. I'm not feeling super strongly about Duskfall98's alignment but his flip could give us some idea regarding the Day 1 votes. Plus I do kind of want to carry out the late Abu's will!

##Unvote: Serela
##Vote: Duskfall98

In fact it's something to think about it. Now if you compare to the previous vote

Anyway, I'm going to
##Vote: Serela
for now. He was sowing a lot of doubt to the AbuHumaid's ability to prove himself. This influenced my Day 1 vote, at least.

It's quite different. I'm just talking about like, brainpower, and the lack there of. In place of the critical thinking wrt the duskfall vote above, there is an abdication of responsibility for their vote here. As far as I can really tell this substantive disparity, limited as it is, tinges a scumvibe, only because I know Niektory can do better than this and didn't.  Nothing else is particularly telling in their iso.

Nuxl's three posts today mentioned a direction of going into looking into lurkers, me/Niektory, plus Oarfish. These are all lynches that probably would not have resistance. I then looked back about 60 posts to see how he got here and why. I could not find any satisfactory answers to those questions so I invite him to do that. However after reading 60 or so twitter posts the majority of which declare duskfall a townread in some way or another, my opinion has lowered.

I've been cut a bunch by Nuxl so I guess I'll wait to see a readslist.

Nuxl

« Reply #1930 on: March 15, 2020, 07:37:09 AM »
#1767 in particular erks me for that reason but also because "Nuxl is modspewed town" is way too liberal of a stance to take when there is a very easy way to see how kilga could have posted "scum have day-talk" if prompted by scum nuxl.

still typing and constantly refreshing, but would you as a host entertain that kind of stuff and then publicly declare it lmao

Nuxl

« Reply #1931 on: March 15, 2020, 07:40:17 AM »
still typing and constantly refreshing, but would you as a host entertain that kind of stuff and then publicly declare it lmao

angles are the best forms of reads no clown

critically think how it even gets to that point if my alignment is mafia there

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1932 on: March 15, 2020, 07:42:55 AM »
as a mafia universe player i would like to announce that you're cursed

Nuxl

« Reply #1933 on: March 15, 2020, 07:44:35 AM »

i mean i don't think what i'm saying in regards to it is wrong

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #1934 on: March 15, 2020, 07:45:34 AM »

as a mafia universe guess and rule stickler i agree strongly

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1935 on: March 15, 2020, 07:47:02 AM »
you're still cursed.

this was my pre-subin readlist btw.

Dormio
Nekomata

Raikaria
Serela
Zwerdjib

Nuxl

O4rfish

ActionDan

The Null Line

Duskfall

sb
Conqueror
Niektory

you can ama about it while I try and case one of these bottom three players

Nuxl

« Reply #1936 on: March 15, 2020, 07:47:36 AM »
i still think the best way for someone to contest that point is to ask me why i asked the question

in which i have an even more cursed answer for

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #1937 on: March 15, 2020, 07:48:29 AM »
you're still cursed.

this was my pre-subin readlist btw.

Dormio
Nekomata

Raikaria
Serela
Zwerdjib

Nuxl

O4rfish

ActionDan

The Null Line

Duskfall

sb
Conqueror
Niektory

you can ama about it while I try and case one of these bottom three players

im glad you got a read on everyone but... is no one really saddling the null line for you?

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1938 on: March 15, 2020, 07:49:25 AM »
im glad you got a read on everyone but... is no one really saddling the null line for you?

Requires me not to give a read on someone and just completely ignore their posts. If NNR wasn't a claimed mason he'd be on that null line, to be fair.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1939 on: March 15, 2020, 08:07:18 AM »
Kind of grumpy right now so I'll cut to the chase and provide the readlist I've been sitting on and come back a bit and properly case my scumreads. Cause I'm reasonably certain I have one hit here and it's probably Conqueror. Oarfish if you want a better explanation, I walked through the game slowly and was pretty certain I had sb and Conqueror as scumreads, flipped to the end and found that Refa had exactly the same reads. That meant either Refa was town or I'd be subbing into a scumslot that would be very easy to pilot cause I would have the case prewritten.

Dormio
Nekomata

Raikaria
Serela

Nuxl
Zwerdjib

ActionDan

Niektory
The Null Line
O4rfish

Duskfall

sb
Conqueror

That's not exactly what I sat on before I subbed in. While I was reading along I was pretty certain Niektory was scum and would be at the bottom. O4rfish would be a bit above where he is and may have been a townread at one point but I'm not exactly that certain any more, more or less due to thread consensus right now; though the overall order is the same and it's really a shifting of the null line more or less in that way.

Not exactly certain at all Duskfall is scum but he's at the bottom out of really necessity rather than anything else.

Conqueror is scum lol. Kind of pretty confident this is a hit, and I know people have been saying lynch the lurkers but ActionDan has townpoints on his end and I'm not gonna get mad at people not posting much. And Niektory has some amount of trending upwards which I'm sure is strange news to you all. Yeah. But I haven't even dug into either of these ISOs and I've just been seeing really bad posting from both sb and Conqueror, moreso Conqueror cause I can distinctly remember past Conqueror actions.

So like, there's like two really brutal actions I remember on Conqueror's end.

The reaction to Abu's claim:

So this loops into why I'm reading Actiondan as town as well. Let me grab the posts and give you a primer on what I'm thinking right now.

EOD1 is pretty much a goldmine for me, both in terms of having a PR claimed and lynched and the fact that I'm a lot more inclined towards solving EOD1. So I kind of perked up when I saw Abu claim his vig shot, cause how town and mafia reaction to this is very telling, I think.

Okay my opinion is that regardless of any other option I lean lynching abu over not lynching abu just from the train of posts after the vig claim.

Mostly because that was a poor answer in response to Prim's question regarding not showing up to apply a vote/pressure on Dusk. The correct answer is not "I was about to sleep so I didn't get into it", its "I'm sitting on a vig with no apparent agency otherwise and bidding my time to press the button MUWHAHAHA".

Sidenote. lack of crumb is not important and I am surprised Prims cares for that.

So this is ActionDan's reaction. It's very clear, simple, to the point, etc. Let's take a step back and consider something.

You're scum here, right? You're having a cup of tea, chilling out, having fun, seeing a townie get lynched. A PR claim pulls you out of your reverie and you automatically know it's true and lynching someone through a PR claim normally is very, very all-in and reachy and you really can't do it if you don't read the room. Right now you're sitting there, trying to figure out if the claim can still be lynched, figuring out other options you can drag yourself onto.

This doesn't apply to ActionDan here. When Abu flips town vigilante, ActionDan's going to be caught out in the open, he's gonna look very stupid, and it takes someone with a lot of stress and balls to go in here. ActionDan doesn't have the effort to play like this, right? He doesn't care about this game enough.

In addition, if y'all had done the sensible thing and let Abu resolve and found another lynch, ActionDan's going to be sitting out on a wagon that isn't competitive and may mostly be useless.

None of this makes ActionDan very obviously town but it's there. And now you get a control indicator of how I'm looking at these reactions, yes?

So let's have a look at Conqueror's reaction.

uh, vig claim is pretty yikes because it's the classic "let me live for one more day" claim...but it is confirmable if it goes off i guess. abu can you check my iso and respond to the case on you/questions i asked you. will be helpful for me in case you really are town and not bullstrawberriesting rn. also, saying you'll vig duskfall doesn't exactly make you want to vote you less though because if you're a town vig there's so much chaff you could be cleaning out instead and on the off chance that you are a mafia vig then we're just letting you get away with murder (although i dont think mafia vig is particularly likely).
can you explain what he lied about and who are the scummates backing him up on the wagon (i lean town on basically everyone who was voting you so im curious who you pick out)
ngl i would be down for a shadoweh turbo if we don't go through with abu (currently pending)

So like look what I just said above. Note the fact that the paragraph here is literally tossed word salad, Conqueror is off-guard, he doesn't know what he's gonna do, he's trying to hide the fact that he kinda believes the claim (notice he doesn't consider Abu might be just lying as a mafia goon and accepts it's a vig claim of either alignment and that he's shooting Duskfall) and later he goes off on Abu when Abu, well, goes off on everyone else.

This post and the heel turn Conqueror makes to eventually lynch Abu is... like very opportunistic and I can't see how this comes from a town alignment. It's a very classic pressure slip.

I'd just run with that, but then we get...

The tracker claim

What town reason does Conqueror have to make the claim on Shadoweh?

Is there any evaluation Conqueror does, as a player in the game, on the fact that Shadoweh basically no-sold the tracker claim? It is just one and done, he rolls in the tracker claim and doesn't really evaluate how Shadoweh reacts to it and considers it townie? Cause when you're dealing with something like this, when you're making this sort of play, the reaction most of the time is to instinctively townread them if they don't fall over. Reading through Conqueror's ISO I get this:

Well I guess I can understand Shadoweh being low presence regardless of alignment because she doesn't really play mafia anymore, but the biggest thing that pinged me was that she never tried to engage with me D1 despite all my efforts. And then it just took me fakeclaiming a result on her for her to pop in and finally respond and fairly quickly at that! Seems like she was actually reading along the thread or possibly someone alerted her to it. (The other option is that town!Shadoweh was also reading along earlier and made a conscious decision not to engage, which would annoy me on a different level if true).

Also, I didn't even read Shadoweh as annoyed before her reaction to my gambit, she felt lazy and unmotivated with a hint of doomerism. I do think her annoyance at my gambit was real but if she figured it out it was a gambit from the start then I don't see how it's alignment indicative.

I'll do a reread of oarfish after work before I can actually see if I follow that case I think. I don't know how to read oarfish. My experience with him is that he sorta marched to his own beat as town and I guess it would be true as scum too so I don't know how I'd sort him. Interested in seeing his response to you.

Now I don't know about you but I don't really see a hint of forgiveness here. Like, I just talked with zwerdjib about how important it is to consider what town!X should have done. Same thing's happening here, except with zwerdjib it sounds like he's having fun trying to tunnel someone to death. Conqueror feels like he's pushing through a mislynch instead.

How he's playing

Conqueror's just... really passive. Like, Serela and raikaria are extremely NOT passive and it's kind of ridiculous, yes, but I'm reviewing Conqueror's Day 2 and then Day 3. He's got an extremely narrow scope on Day 2, it's kind of nothing but Shadoweh and like when you're comparing to the literal fixer here Serela or Nuxl to a point it's really clear he doesn't really care. So like, I get that he's dumped on Day 3, it follows from a town perspective.

It... just doesn't feel like he's tunnelling at all. Like he said, he moved off from Shadoweh to Duskfall. I don't know why Duskfall, really, I'm staring at these posts and I have no idea why Duskfall over any other player in the game. So like that's really bad for him cause it means he's evaluating other options, right? But he's not saying anything about them.

And like his entire back and forth with me and the brick wall that was raikaria was extremely blocky really. He doesn't feel like he's really evaluating anything properly, he's not thinking about the game in terms of who is scum and who is town. This entire thing on raikaria is him being wrong, and while lambasting someone for being wrong is all well and good I don't really feel like Conqueror's hunting for alignments even though he's giving the impression. Like, Duskfall's sitting there on Serelawagon being... Duskfall, there's no other way to describe it, look at his reaction yourself. Conqueror's voted him, he should be a big red target, and Conqueror's off getting mad about raikaria instead. He has about fifty rereads to go through but like. Again, it's very clear that like, openly, he's not been thinking about anyone other than Shadoweh on Day 2. And like I highlighted, it wasn't really that good.

Take into the fact there's two other criteria adding to my issues:

- according to Refa he's outed by choice of nightkills. Now I was briefly aware Fabloo was a cool person but I didn't really pay attention to his walls. If they directly were trying to run over Conqueror and he died over two masons AND Conqueror is trying to brush that under the rug, that's super bad.

- Nobody cares about him being mafia, really. Given how the game's been going and, well, kind of what Oarfish said to start this day, yeah, not really a big thing but it's really ew.

Overall I don't like this at all.

##Vote: Conqueror

I'll figure out what I want to say about sb in a bit. He wasn't... as memorably scummy as Conqueror but he cemented his place in this list cause like... I'm pretty sure he perspective slipped, lol. I'll try and dictate what it was.

« Reply #1940 on: March 15, 2020, 08:46:28 AM »
Oh my god how does anyone read drunkposting.

Waking up and struggling to read your own posts is one hell of a feeling.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1941 on: March 15, 2020, 09:04:32 AM »
i regret playing mafia

leave me alone

thank you for your understanding

Nuxl

« Reply #1942 on: March 15, 2020, 09:06:20 AM »
i regret playing mafia

leave me alone

thank you for your understanding

:-\?

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1943 on: March 15, 2020, 09:18:58 AM »
i don't enjoy writing 800 words on why someone is scum regardless of my confidence level unless i'm really mad

this is not one of those times.

like if you want a better push into my mental state i'm like, reasonably certain Raikaria and Serela are very town. Serela in particular is threadspewed town at this point, too many people consider him so obviously townie that scum just don't wanna touch him at this point. Zwerdjib is still kinda there but his tunnel bent is making me feel a bit eh.

You're like, probably town, with the caveat that I'm not entirely confident of what your alignment is. I'm going to ignore the angle cause you're so self-aware that you'd fake it; regardless your posting has been more or less fine and at some point on Day 1 there were just so many people mad at you. Add that all up with the fact that you kind of really feel like a "shield" for the mafia team and your play and interest in the thread doesn't progressively make that much sense from a mafia perspective and I'm, like, fine, but hey, you might be styling.

ActionDan has a few townpoints. I'm not gonna risk the game on it. Niektory is falling out of the "scum very inexperienced" and just not knowing what to do - like this is a very bad read but does Niek really post that large lore wall as scum? He'd avoid it. There's kind of less and less of a chance this is happening. I also don't think he can be really coached about the scumchat thing and it's a huge sticking point. Oh yeah, his response about Abu is really unclean and that's... really good for him.

O4rfish I had slapped on the "really self-absorbed player, not scum cause that doesn't really push you into manipulation" thing but it's really close. Closest to a hard null and I'm trying to really see him being town, he may be town anyways.

Duskfall's on the bottom though he can kind of get out of there cause, well, EOD2 doesn't make any sense if what I'm theorizing what I'm thinking. Actually it does, both Conqueror and sb bussing Duskfall isn't as far-fetched as you would probably think, but it's yeah, kinda awkward. But regardless I'm not really feeling any sort of towniness from his posting. That's why he's there, and it's why I've been more staring at him more or less and trying to figure out what his alignment is.

Then we come to a flat stop cause when you reorganise everyone for me Conqueror and sb are on the bottom and quite conveniently I'm scumreading both of them and they kind of really work as scum in this gamestate.

But that doesn't answer the question. The real question is why I'm posting in solid sentences to hide the fact that I'm scared of mafia and I've never been confident about a thing in my life, which is why I posted the above.

« Reply #1944 on: March 15, 2020, 09:22:36 AM »
“Everyone - do you agree with Serela regarding d3 lurker lynch?” wtf I suggested this why does nobody read my posts.

I don’t know how I feel about Dan having to eat votes before he posts anything at all, but at least its something. Do you think Duskfall is scum with Conq, or that he is trying to pocket Conq? You say a lot of words but I’m struggling to properly place what your reads are.

I agree with smartbomb that the way Conq approached Shadoweh yesterday was weird, along with his vote changes in general: see how I mentioned Niek. It felt really fast and hard to follow. The part that I’m whatever about is the reaction test itself because Conq botched the test from the start by saying “NOBODY HAMMER” so I can see why he’d drop it quickly. I feel like he could’ve probably executed it better though so I am confused still.

I don’t actually understand Rai’s argument with Conq on eirher side and I have work soon. Need to read it later.

cut by a big post idt i have time to read

Nuxl

« Reply #1945 on: March 15, 2020, 09:26:14 AM »
just going to ignore people already confirmed/role confirmed alignment wise

zwer's early pages were why i townread him, lot of wish for him to jump in and start doing stuff. his reaction to dormio's thing on shadoweh on page 3 wrt overthinking was my exact reaction at the time. lot of weird logic that felt towny to me given i know a player who does this on my home site.

conq's presence on those pages were something i townread early but on a reread i'm whatever ebout it now

o4rfish's vote on me on page 8 uses disgustingly bad logic that i townread initially because sb said they were a kind of player who did this stuff pretty often but given their d2 i don't really know what my read on them is, it kind of fizzled out but i'm kind of like this for a lot of the game so far.

the anger felt genuine but i kind of want to ask other people if they think it could be fake in this instance.

Tentative reads: Arthur town, Conq town, Dormio town, Nuxl scum, Shadoweh scum, Zwerdjib scum

intriguingly 1. their scumreads are all unaccurate (i'm kind of confident in my zwer read to say that) and 2. the only unknown in their townreads is conq

refa's page 8 is really good and felt familiar to danganronpa i played with a year ago. raikaria's page 8 i disagree with on the premise of meta but i think it's irrelevant at this point of time

until page 9: sb just played a scumgame on smogon where he kind of didn't really try and contributed more in terms of game theory and thread mechanics as opposed to actually presenting reads: in this game he's more right to the point and that should suggest he breaks town (or it's extremely good adaptation which well, this pl is probably a lot better so it'd make sense ig)

I feel like I should have thoughts on 12-14. I don't really have that. Serela's thing on shifting vote people noted seemed off but I didn't really get pinged one way or another for it. I think conq's reentrance post and queries was fine here and his persistent points of pressure felt ok. I don't know if conq is able to replicate this kind of stuff as scum. Can anybody with more experience playing with scum!conq enlighten me here?

#459 dusk was a good town ping, same with the other post he made about abu openwolfing later. forceful, cocky pressure and not being scared is a good town indicator for him.

Refa about nuxl, I will say that he will never be an easy read. While I can say things is within his town range and everything so far has been, he is a very hard person to read and tbh even my read on him is kinda bad compared to what it should be, his read on me is much better than mine on him.

Later on the game if I'm not alive to ent I would say use your own intuition, usually scum him gets fed up but he has also solo carried games and he's a lot more active in a scum team of freinds, which is obviously a lot more likely this game if he did role scum.

Right now I'm still null just don't want myself to be quoted later to try clear him when not

He's still a bad D1 vote though

ftr this is almost accurate enough where he's dmed me about how hard it is for him to read me like a month before this game started

#619 oarfish made me feel like it was genuine thought at the time so i didn't really want to touch it since then

dan's vote felt kind of strange, i also thought this about nnr haha so lol. on a reread conq's townread on me is kind of curious and i'm not exactly sure why he's having it. everybody jumping on abu's nuts on vig claim seems too good to be too (notably these 3)

i dont remember where it was but

@tommy have you ever done an ordered list like 654 before? as town. 722 is a really clean adaptation if he's scum.

#774 niek's vote is garbage i think i keep saying this

i kinda shared tommy's #797 at the time but was too scared to say it lmao, especially their string of posts on the page after were pretty curious

Zwer's #846 is strange as fire truck as scum to do especially because nobody else saw it but him.

Raik selfvote felt towny and would've been really ballsy as scum to do.

I actually expected Conq to be the nightkill D1 so was kind of surprised he wasn't. Prims wanted abu/niek/o4rfish/shadoweh/raik at the end of D1, notably did not townread SB but townleaned Dusk/Conq/Zwer. If both Dusk/Conq are scum seems kind of like a purposeless kill for them but I guess everybody townread both near the end of the day so I guess they didn't particularly care.

------ Day 2 ------

Something felt off about NNR and sb crossvoting then going to consolidate on o4rfish? I didn't think sb's mistake looked scummy but I don't understand why he dropped his entire vote with it.

Refa's points of pressure are good here and only really solidifies my read here.

#1069 @conq did you stop townreading me after D1? what happened to your high confidence townread -> solving my slot?

SB #1072 empower in a noc game lol

tommy #1079
I don't think I'm going to play a NOC game for a while so I'll just reveal my cards now- what I meant on my personal tell during later D2: scum!duskfall never pushes people for slips on smogon. On smogon he's tried to push someone for perspective slips or other wording slips in 3 different town games and 1 jester game but has never done stuff like that as scum. He's been defensive about slips as scum but he's never used it as a point of pressure. On mafia451, he's tried to push people on slips twice as town, and 0 as scum.

Niek #1153: very strange, he keeps entering with unusual conclusions since nobody knows where he's getting his introductions from u know

sb #1253: agree with what i said regarding the NK from shadoweh, as if it's acting under assumption shadoweh had control of that kill which is... likely not true given their thread equity post d1?

my reaction to serela #1400: i don't mind revealing my cards here too. i thought Serela was signaling that them and niek were masons and i think only Fabloo caught onto that given their discussion to me on the next page. I don't think this means anything in particular but the wagon reactively seemed genuine and so did Serela's reaction a tad.

Can't really parse this eod all too well but AD's entrance was strange to me

Fabloo was keen on pushing Conq/Dusk/NNR/AD slots early D2 and thought that Dusk was leading wagon. I don't really think Conq and Dusk are ever partners here, seems unnecessary for Conq to risk Dusk in this position at the end of D2 (+ certain D1 interactions that pinged me otherwise).

Refa slot/Zwer: pretty confident townreads here and don't really think I'm smoked.

Raikaria is probably town based on self vote:(even if the self vote didn't really matter imo, the tone behind it felt fairly genuine in addition to their subsequent anger following various cases. there was an instance in a game a couple years back where they self voted for the sake of town as well which is why i asked about meta)

I kind of skipped over Serela's posts the most this game and I don't know why. Don't really scumread them and am inclined to sheep Prims' townread on them. Biggest thing was their presence for the shadoweh swap which felt good at heart but I doubt that's enough. Will do a more cursory look when my eyes aren't killing me, this is the last thing I typed.

O4rfish's posts have changed every day which seems absolutely impossible to work with in a scumteam, but I guess that all that matters for their slot is really their vote of which uh, they've hit rown both times, but at least their D2 vote was consistent? Abu vote kind of makes sense even though it wasn't justified- in all actuality their tone to abu telling him to actually do some strawberries to save his own life felt genuine in addition to their anger D1. Though I think their slot is constantly being scrutinized which almost makes me feel like I'm wrong somewhere in making this read. I think them getting an early wagon from two crossvoting slots on d2 was strange but given the proceeding claims I guess I can't really look into it all that much. Shame NNR is actually conf mainly because we can't really get sb's read on why exactly he consolidated with someone he just cased on the previous page? If their tone is fakable it makes the slot worse but I'm so fuzzy here. btw there was a reason I wanted to sheep Dormio but it's not safe to talk about it

sb's posts have felt fine in the sense that there's a notable difference between the last scumgame they played on smogon and this one in regards to approaching the main points at hand + pointing out people. There are numerous applications of incorrect logic (namely D2: empower fear, shadoweh dictating NK, entire interaction with NNR's slot on the first few pages) that are a tad awkward and I still can't really bring it within me to townread him. Maybe it's because he's felt toneless and maybe that's a norm thing for him. Dunno

i love tommy but i think i'm losing faith in what he's doing but i think his aggression + slip thing i mentioned earlier should point to his favor even though i don't really have the handgun apricity/hal to back me up here, so i'm more of a mic piece that isn't connected to a speaker. a little frozen in how to verbalize any confidence here in addition that i don't exactly want to handwave any development on him. gun to head think i should be townreading him here though or at least he's out of poe vicinity but there's a nonzero chance i'm wrong

i townread conq d1 bc of his slot pressure in addition to his brazy gambit d2, but maybe it's because i'm inspired by the recent case that there are a few oddities: notably his read on me circulated between d1 and d2 and not exactly sure why, and Fabloo did kind of want them offed which is sort of telling given I expected him to be in NK contention during both days(maybe less so D2). His reaction to Raikaria today felt a bit strange too- don't know why anyone would reconsider raik ever. The gambit in general probably doesn't mean much if there's no risk to outing it but at the time I liked it. I don't hate his posts and his pressure Felt good but I think I'm open to consider a point of reevaluation.

Niek has noticable logic jumps that make me a bit eerie around this slot since it's hard to know how exactly he got to the points he did and I don't know if he just doesn't know himself or doesn't care to show up in thread and explain it...? Or is too stiff to not get caught out? I'm not sure.

Dan I kind of skipped over his posts during D1 for the most part. His ISO doesn't really strike me as anything and I was kind of bothered by his vote on Abu D1. I have no idea what to make of his progression because it seems like his entrances on prior days are less cohesive than today; and his final vote on both days seem to differ from what he wants to do early on in the day, and while I can say it's bad progression it's harder to tell because he just isn't consistently here to update his reads live. His recent post disputing the modspew didn't feel like it produced cohesive thought and I don't know what to make of it considering it seems like his play here is so much different than on 451 (site cultures, I guess). Potential confbias answer is expanding the lynch pool rofl

this is not ordered and is more like a thought dump

Maybe the mentality between consolidating wagons is too dangerous and no idea how to oppose it. Still wish we had plur though xD

It's funny that I typed all this and I still want to do Niek most of all. Maybe there's something wrong with me.

« Reply #1946 on: March 15, 2020, 09:45:07 AM »
O4rfish is asleep right now. This is an automated message to let (Disquieted) know that he or she wrote a/an (amazing) post and should feel (good) about it.

Nuxl

« Reply #1947 on: March 15, 2020, 09:49:02 AM »
i don't enjoy writing 800 words on why someone is scum regardless of my confidence level unless i'm really mad

this is not one of those times.

like if you want a better push into my mental state i'm like, reasonably certain Raikaria and Serela are very town. Serela in particular is threadspewed town at this point, too many people consider him so obviously townie that scum just don't wanna touch him at this point. Zwerdjib is still kinda there but his tunnel bent is making me feel a bit eh.

You're like, probably town, with the caveat that I'm not entirely confident of what your alignment is. I'm going to ignore the angle cause you're so self-aware that you'd fake it; regardless your posting has been more or less fine and at some point on Day 1 there were just so many people mad at you. Add that all up with the fact that you kind of really feel like a "shield" for the mafia team and your play and interest in the thread doesn't progressively make that much sense from a mafia perspective and I'm, like, fine, but hey, you might be styling.

ActionDan has a few townpoints. I'm not gonna risk the game on it. Niektory is falling out of the "scum very inexperienced" and just not knowing what to do - like this is a very bad read but does Niek really post that large lore wall as scum? He'd avoid it. There's kind of less and less of a chance this is happening. I also don't think he can be really coached about the scumchat thing and it's a huge sticking point. Oh yeah, his response about Abu is really unclean and that's... really good for him.

people are voting serela

(also the mod wouldn't fake the announcement for me is the problem lmao, read the specific wording)

will be honest i skimmed through d3 so i missed that niek post in question and i feel like i should be townreading it but i keep thinking back to their other days and it all feels so off. maybe i'm just getting baited because today it seems like the unilateral thought today is niek, followed by ad

I reread the daytalk thing after reading this post and I think it's in coaching range given someone on smogon did something similar. Do you think scum!niek first time player doesn't even bother voting near EOD out of fear? i dont exactly know if his vote was all that necessary to get the lynch- maybe not at eod. not sure about the time of the vote itself.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1948 on: March 15, 2020, 09:59:13 AM »
@oarfish: thanks, I guess. :V I'm a he, though I've been known to not care about my pronouns and you should call me however you think I present myself, hah. I may even consider it a compliment if you call me she or something, don't ask.

@nuxl: so the amount of backlash to this Serela wagon is pretty loud at this point, I think. I know people are voting Serela but yeah from what I'm reading that's what I'm thinking. I think you're really being baited by the early few hours where it did feel like Niek or AD. It might still be. I just don't like the route, lol.

If you walk through the coaching topic... you're going to have to find a very torturous route to get to coaching wherein someone in scumchat openly says to Niektory that he should claim he didn't know scumchat was active in the day, or Niektory jumps on the opportunity himself. Like it's possible but I want to deal with probabilities and it's fairly improbable when adding the rest of the criteria.

Do I think a first time player doesn't bother voting EOD out of fear? Hrm, interesting question, not sure what Niektory was doing at EOD2, didn't manage to read up to there. I think it's highly likely that happens on balance, and it's more scum indicative, but I wouldn't push it hard.

I'm just trying to push into Niek's mindset, right. Niek's a new player, first time as scum, he seems fairly... orthodox and a bit overwhelmed. Hrm. Self-conscious is the way to put it, he has a distinct modicum of self-consciousness. So, as scum, he's trying to keep his head above water and play how he plays. I feel like Niek as scum would avoid drawing attention to himself by posting a wall about how each of our flavour characters might be likely to be scum - and I don't really think there were any alignment conclusions about it either, heh?

Nuxl

« Reply #1949 on: March 15, 2020, 10:12:45 AM »
@nuxl: so the amount of backlash to this Serela wagon is pretty loud at this point, I think. I know people are voting Serela but yeah from what I'm reading that's what I'm thinking. I think you're really being baited by the early few hours where it did feel like Niek or AD. It might still be. I just don't like the route, lol.

If you walk through the coaching topic... you're going to have to find a very torturous route to get to coaching wherein someone in scumchat openly says to Niektory that he should claim he didn't know scumchat was active in the day, or Niektory jumps on the opportunity himself. Like it's possible but I want to deal with probabilities and it's fairly improbable when adding the rest of the criteria.

Do I think a first time player doesn't bother voting EOD out of fear? Hrm, interesting question, not sure what Niektory was doing at EOD2, didn't manage to read up to there. I think it's highly likely that happens on balance, and it's more scum indicative, but I wouldn't push it hard.

I'm just trying to push into Niek's mindset, right. Niek's a new player, first time as scum, he seems fairly... orthodox and a bit overwhelmed. Hrm. Self-conscious is the way to put it, he has a distinct modicum of self-consciousness. So, as scum, he's trying to keep his head above water and play how he plays. I feel like Niek as scum would avoid drawing attention to himself by posting a wall about how each of our flavour characters might be likely to be scum - and I don't really think there were any alignment conclusions about it either, heh?

my eyes are literally buzzing through d3 all i want right now is some water and some real-time and for my dog to stop barking at 3 am

(wait did you not read the thread completely until eod2 before you entered lmao or just didnt notice what niek was doing at eod2 lmao)

the main thing is i figure a newer player is more accustomed to jumping on easy wagons or more resistant to vote of which i think niek's vote felt like the former. i completely never think you can generalize these traits because i just came off a game where someone completely new went three day phases as scum saying "i don't really know what we're supposed to do on these days i don't really have any reads" before they got lynched lmao. i also completely thought that dude could never be coached to say that strawberries but apparently they were just left on their own bc their team was afk/inexperienced rofl.

looking at his iso i guess i didnt notice his response to me d2 so entirely possible dude doesnt know what he's doing. i just remember my first towngame was a lot more jovial and willing to participate u kno. but again, can't generalize this to everyone.

the daytalk thing is more pressing here and discerning whether it's actively coachable, but i guess that makes assumptions on who the partners are which isn't exactly information we have right now! but i think weird stuff like that might be the more pressing point.

actually now that i type this out i figure if one of dusk/sb/conq hit then it'd be a bit strange if niek does