Author Topic: Incident Mansion Quest  (Read 8626 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tom

  • *
  • Systems Developer
Incident Mansion Quest
« on: February 25, 2020, 05:43:37 AM »
> You were controlling Reimu Hakurei the Wonderful Shrine Maiden of Paradise until recently

> Now you control Shinki the Summoned Goddess of Makai
[eattachment=1]

> Your daughter Alice appears to have hijacked the shrine maiden's summoning ritual because she was worried sick about you.  She seems to have found the red gem ribbon you use to tie your hair around her house some time ago, and knowing you never take it off she got worried something might have happened to you.
> You remember doing something important before being summoned but can't quite place your finger on it, just like a dream you wake up from and still feel its effects but can't describe it.


> Alice looks up at you, about to cry and nods while saying "Y-you're right..."

> While hugging Alice and waiting for her to calm down you notice a peculiar shadow move behind you and raise what seems to be its arms high.  You try and turn around, but with Alice hugging you tightly and the limited control over Reimu's body you have due to the summoning spell its really difficult.
> As you turn around you feel something cold and metallic hit you in the back of the head and a loud ringing sound echoes through your ears before everything goes dark

> As you come to your senses you notice you're no longer at the summoning circle and Alice is no longer with you.  The ringing in your ears still hasn't gone away but is subsiding
> The room you are in is very dark but you spot a tiny light peeking through a small hole ahead and to the right, you hear what sounds like a loud argument nearby but can't make out exact words.  Whatever it is it sounds very serious.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 05:37:47 AM by Toyosatomimi no Miko »

meow56

  • This feels familiar...
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 03:03:59 PM »
>What do we have with us?
>Are we still wearing that ribbon?

>Try and move closer to the hole in order to listen in.

Tom

  • *
  • Systems Developer
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 07:15:48 PM »
>What do we have with us?
>Are we still wearing that ribbon?

>Try and move closer to the hole in order to listen in.
> You recall having an assortment of shrine maiden items back at the summoning circle but don't have anything right now

> You can't feel it but you assume its still up there given your hair doesn't feel different.  Its not like you can see without a mirror (or sufficient light!)

> You peek through the hole and see what looks like a mansion foyer outside but can't see anyone from this angle, you then put your ear up against it to listen in...

> You hear something along the lines of "... now stand still ... and I'll make it quick and painless..." followed by what sounds like blades hitting a wall and a spell charging
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 07:17:56 PM by Tom »

meow56

  • This feels familiar...
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 01:47:36 AM »
>Do we recognize the voice?
>What kind of stuff can we do?

>Try and feel along the wall for a doorknob.

Tom

  • *
  • Systems Developer
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2020, 07:35:04 PM »
>Do we recognize the voice?
>What kind of stuff can we do?

>Try and feel along the wall for a doorknob.

> It sounds very similar to a certain shrine maiden, but more mature

> With your head ringing like it is right now?  You don't feel like doing anything

> You reach for where you believe a doorknob to be (above the keyhole you've been listening in from) and feel ... nothing?  Its like there's not even door there...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 08:55:36 PM by Tom »

meow56

  • This feels familiar...
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 01:56:10 PM »
>Speaking of certain shrine maidens, what's our opinion of her?

>Push against the "door." Does it rattle at all?

Tom

  • *
  • Systems Developer
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2020, 04:14:42 PM »
>Speaking of certain shrine maidens, what's our opinion of her?

>Push against the "door." Does it rattle at all?

> You were angry with her over the damage she caused during the Daemon Tourism incident, she took it too far.  You've since forgiven her though

> You push against the door and lose your balance causing you to fall through where the door was!  You manage to catch yourself by levitating and avoid embarrassing yourself if anyone happened to see you. 
> Speaking of seeing you, there's a purple haired shrine maiden standing in the middle of the foyer seemingly in a spell trance, holding two yin yang orbs and looking at a tall pink haired lady who is cowering at the opposite end of the room.  You notice the spell she's casting is an extermination spell

Branneg Xy

  • ...JHSM(ARY)I(OSEPH)!+++++
  • +++++!TRINITESANCTISSIME...
    • Branneg Xy
    • (LINKEDIN:my full name). (YOUTUBE) DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ")
  • Gender: Male
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 12:00:44 AM »
> You were angry with her over the damage she caused during the Daemon Tourism incident, she took it too far.  You've since forgiven her though

> You push against the door and lose your balance causing you to fall through where the door was!  You manage to catch yourself by levitating and avoid embarrassing yourself if anyone happened to see you. 
> Speaking of seeing you, there's a purple haired shrine maiden standing in the middle of the foyer seemingly in a spell trance, holding two yin yang orbs and looking at a tall pink haired lady who is cowering at the opposite end of the room.  You notice the spell she's casting is an extermination spell

// If one or more or my actions seem useless or ridky, please feel free to correct them//

> So the tall purple-haired woman is in danger if we do not step in some way?

> What are we feeling able to do right now and what can we make us of among what is in reach in the current condition and sorroundings?

>Try and get a better vantage point: begin subtly floating  towards and behind, while still at distance and on guard, the purple-haired shride maiden, for testing if we are catching her attention, and if we do slowly float back preparing ahead for faster,  even if limited by our current condition, maneuvers".
1.+This Avatar is a (Very Higly Recommended)Miraculous Photo ,Holy Host Consecration in Holy Mass,  by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic):The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-TRANSFORMING , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS in THE HOST CONSECRATION BY PRIEST(S).
2.(Recommended) http://3-me.net/flashdir/thjan/ ( "Touhou Almost Majhong" Online Flash Game )
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references : " DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ( Darcanix ); https://www.youtube.com/user/Darcanix.

meow56

  • This feels familiar...
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2020, 12:27:04 AM »
>Do we recognize either of them?

>Inspect self. We doing alright?

>What kind of exits to this room are there?

Tom

  • *
  • Systems Developer
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2020, 01:37:08 AM »
// If one or more or my actions seem useless or ridky, please feel free to correct them//

> So the tall purple-haired woman is in danger if we do not step in some way?

> What are we feeling able to do right now and what can we make us of among what is in reach in the current condition and sorroundings?

>Try and get a better vantage point: begin subtly floating  towards and behind, while still at distance and on guard, the purple-haired shride maiden, for testing if we are catching her attention, and if we do slowly float back preparing ahead for faster,  even if limited by our current condition, maneuvers".

> She looks like she's about to be exterminated by a shrine maiden

> You feel quite weak magically, its almost as if the density of magical energy around you is near zero.  Physically you're still a little disoriented from that hit in the head.  You don't have any weapons on you nor do you see anything that could be used as one.  The room you are in is a western style mansion foyer, with two staircases leading up to a balcony upper floor.  A great big chandelier lights the room with hundreds of bright candles on it, smaller candle stands are placed along the stairs.

> You float up to in-between the first and second floor of the foyer, stopping just under the giant chandelier.  The shrine maiden appears to be in a trance, her eyes are glowing a bright purple, she appears to be oblivious to your movements.  You believe you could stand in front of her and she wouldn't notice... (not that this would be a smart thing to do, as you fear you might get caught in the crossfire)


>Do we recognize either of them?

>Inspect self. We doing alright?

>What kind of exits to this room are there?

> The purple haired shrine maiden appears awfully similar to Reimu, who attacked Makai during the daemon tourism incident.  Whoever this is looks much more mature and dangerous than the carefree shrine maiden you encountered years ago.  You catch a glimpse of her face while floating above them, is she ... smiling?
> As for the other lady you've no idea who she is.  You sense an overwhelming calmness in her, how could she be so carefree in the face of death!?

> You're shocked by what you see when you look down at your feet in the bright light, you see ... through you!  That's right your feet are semitransparent!  This is a first...

> There's a set of intricately decorated double doors with floral patterns on the ground floor behind the purple haired lady, and there appears to be some kind of red barrier covering them.  Upstairs you see another set of lesser decorated double doors in the center and two single doors to the left and right ends of the balcony.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 01:42:01 AM by Tom »

Branneg Xy

  • ...JHSM(ARY)I(OSEPH)!+++++
  • +++++!TRINITESANCTISSIME...
    • Branneg Xy
    • (LINKEDIN:my full name). (YOUTUBE) DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ")
  • Gender: Male
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2020, 05:35:20 PM »
> She looks like she's about to be exterminated by a shrine maiden

> You feel quite weak magically, its almost as if the density of magical energy around you is near zero.  Physically you're still a little disoriented from that hit in the head.  You don't have any weapons on you nor do you see anything that could be used as one.  The room you are in is a western style mansion foyer, with two staircases leading up to a balcony upper floor.  A great big chandelier lights the room with hundreds of bright candles on it, smaller candle stands are placed along the stairs.

> You float up to in-between the first and second floor of the foyer, stopping just under the giant chandelier.  The shrine maiden appears to be in a trance, her eyes are glowing a bright purple, she appears to be oblivious to your movements.  You believe you could stand in front of her and she wouldn't notice... (not that this would be a smart thing to do, as you fear you might get caught in the crossfire)


> The purple haired shrine maiden appears awfully similar to Reimu, who attacked Makai during the daemon tourism incident.  Whoever this is looks much more mature and dangerous than the carefree shrine maiden you encountered years ago.  You catch a glimpse of her face while floating above them, is she ... smiling?
> As for the other lady you've no idea who she is.  You sense an overwhelming calmness in her, how could she be so carefree in the face of death!?

> You're shocked by what you see when you look down at your feet in the bright light, you see ... through you!  That's right your feet are semitransparent!  This is a first...

> There's a set of intricately decorated double doors with floral patterns on the ground floor behind the purple haired lady, and there appears to be some kind of red barrier covering them.  Upstairs you see another set of lesser decorated double doors in the center and two single doors to the left and right ends of the balcony.

// Well  :) !This ,at least from my so-soPoV , needs  :-\ enlighting ,not-overcomplicating, insight&ponderingnot to turn into a Bitter End INCIDENT(AL) MANSION :) ! //
1.+This Avatar is a (Very Higly Recommended)Miraculous Photo ,Holy Host Consecration in Holy Mass,  by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic):The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-TRANSFORMING , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS in THE HOST CONSECRATION BY PRIEST(S).
2.(Recommended) http://3-me.net/flashdir/thjan/ ( "Touhou Almost Majhong" Online Flash Game )
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references : " DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ( Darcanix ); https://www.youtube.com/user/Darcanix.

Tom

  • *
  • Systems Developer
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2020, 09:45:30 PM »
> Being the creator of Makai you've developed one-of-a-kind spatial perception.  Realizing it might come in handy later you begin making a mental map of this unknown location.

> This is roughly what the room you are in (and rooms you guess are behind the doors you can see) looks like
> The lower half of the Foyer
[eattachment=1]
> The upper half of the Foyer
[eattachment=2]

> S is you, R is the Shrine Maiden and Y is the tall lady dressed in blue

Branneg Xy

  • ...JHSM(ARY)I(OSEPH)!+++++
  • +++++!TRINITESANCTISSIME...
    • Branneg Xy
    • (LINKEDIN:my full name). (YOUTUBE) DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ")
  • Gender: Male
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2020, 02:40:59 PM »
> Being the creator of Makai you've developed one-of-a-kind spatial perception.  Realizing it might come in handy later you begin making a mental map of this unknown location.

> This is roughly what the room you are in (and rooms you guess are behind the doors you can see) looks like
> The lower half of the Foyer
[eattachment=1]
> The upper half of the Foyer
[eattachment=2]

> S is you, R is the Shrine Maiden and Y is the tall lady dressed in blue

> Also thanks to that Handiness, Spacial Perception and Navigation, increse up reasonably the flying pace, as long as we are " consistent ", and head for the 2nd Floor's Foyer.

> Without being sidetracked but neither be oblivious to the extermination-to-be, take a long candle by the Chandelier, or a little one on the sidelines if troublesome.

> Look, inspect, " perceive" as best as we are now able carefully, not slowly,  starting to " seek for " with the Single Door to the Right and its Sorroundings, closest to us... 

>... naturally slow down or even halt  just if coming across notables needing more " insight "...
 
>.. Proceed:  the Less Decorated Double Ones and the Left One...

>...??
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 02:48:12 PM by Branneg Xy »
1.+This Avatar is a (Very Higly Recommended)Miraculous Photo ,Holy Host Consecration in Holy Mass,  by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic):The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-TRANSFORMING , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS in THE HOST CONSECRATION BY PRIEST(S).
2.(Recommended) http://3-me.net/flashdir/thjan/ ( "Touhou Almost Majhong" Online Flash Game )
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references : " DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ( Darcanix ); https://www.youtube.com/user/Darcanix.

Tom

  • *
  • Systems Developer
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2020, 11:32:15 PM »
> Also thanks to that Handiness, Spacial Perception and Navigation, increse up reasonably the flying pace, as long as we are " consistent ", and head for the 2nd Floor's Foyer.

> Without being sidetracked but neither be oblivious to the extermination-to-be, take a long candle by the Chandelier, or a little one on the sidelines if troublesome.

> Look, inspect, " perceive" as best as we are now able carefully, not slowly,  starting to " seek for " with the Single Door to the Right and its Sorroundings, closest to us... 

>... naturally slow down or even halt  just if coming across notables needing more " insight "...
 
>.. Proceed:  the Less Decorated Double Ones and the Left One...

>...??

> You fly up to the chandelier to grab a candle.  When reaching for the candle your hand goes right through it!  Surprised by this you wave your hand which moves freely through the chandelier.

> You inspect the upper floor to between the left and double doors and notice there is a table with an intricate scarlet vase on it.

> The energy around the shrine maiden appears to be steadily increasing, you reckon miss blue has about a minute before she gets exterminated...

Branneg Xy

  • ...JHSM(ARY)I(OSEPH)!+++++
  • +++++!TRINITESANCTISSIME...
    • Branneg Xy
    • (LINKEDIN:my full name). (YOUTUBE) DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ")
  • Gender: Male
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2020, 08:50:17 PM »
> You fly up to the chandelier to grab a candle.  When reaching for the candle your hand goes right through it!  Surprised by this you wave your hand which moves freely through the chandelier.

> You inspect the upper floor to between the left and double doors and notice there is a table with an intricate scarlet vase on it.

> The energy around the shrine maiden appears to be steadily increasing, you reckon miss blue has about a minute before she gets exterminated...

> Very Quick inspection on the Scarlet Vase but then rapidly get close behind to the Shrine Maiden still maintaining a careful vantage angle and be ready for emergency dodging.

> Then... 

//This is set up to be done in a single passage of actions but it ishas to wait to be parsed and the final part is left suspended as well to wait&receive more fellow players inputs before proceeding being at an important juncture since this does not seem a trap but an indirect emergency-event;  unless I regrettably misjudged not checking the Barrier-Covered Double Doors on ground level... //

//...  in the event that waiting more player inputs are "leaving hanging for too long", especially the Parser,  I am going to edit by adding the final action and proceed //
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:54:39 PM by Branneg Xy »
1.+This Avatar is a (Very Higly Recommended)Miraculous Photo ,Holy Host Consecration in Holy Mass,  by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic):The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-TRANSFORMING , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS in THE HOST CONSECRATION BY PRIEST(S).
2.(Recommended) http://3-me.net/flashdir/thjan/ ( "Touhou Almost Majhong" Online Flash Game )
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references : " DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ( Darcanix ); https://www.youtube.com/user/Darcanix.

Tom

  • *
  • Systems Developer
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2020, 06:54:18 AM »
> Very Quick inspection on the Scarlet Vase but then rapidly get close behind to the Shrine Maiden still maintaining a careful vantage angle and be ready for emergency dodging.

> Then... 

//This is set up to be done in a single passage of actions but it ishas to wait to be parsed and the final part is left suspended as well to wait&receive more fellow players inputs before proceeding being at an important juncture since this does not seem a trap but an indirect emergency-event;  unless I regrettably misjudged not checking the Barrier-Covered Double Doors on ground level... //

//...  in the event that waiting more player inputs are "leaving hanging for too long", especially the Parser,  I am going to edit by adding the final action and proceed //
// Its been 2 days so I'll go ahead

> Its an intricately decorated vase with floral patterns, looks very well made unlike most vases you've recalled seeing recebtly in Makai.  Guess they don't make 'em like they used to...

> You circle around back to behind the shrine maiden who still seems to be oblivious to your presence.

> Upon noticing this the blue lady looks confidently at you and discreetly lets something slip out of her hand and fall onto the floor before kicking it over towards you.  The small item slides between the shrine maiden's feet and stops just confront of yours.  It appears to be some kind of fan, folded up...

Branneg Xy

  • ...JHSM(ARY)I(OSEPH)!+++++
  • +++++!TRINITESANCTISSIME...
    • Branneg Xy
    • (LINKEDIN:my full name). (YOUTUBE) DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ")
  • Gender: Male
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2020, 07:43:01 PM »
// Its been 2 days so I'll go ahead

> Its an intricately decorated vase with floral patterns, looks very well made unlike most vases you've recalled seeing recebtly in Makai.  Guess they don't make 'em like they used to...

> You circle around back to behind the shrine maiden who still seems to be oblivious to your presence.

> Upon noticing this the blue lady looks confidently at you and discreetly lets something slip out of her hand and fall onto the floor before kicking it over towards you.  The small item slides between the shrine maiden's feet and stops just confront of yours.  It appears to be some kind of fan, folded up...

> ...Then...Quickly try picking up the fan,or somehow channeling it if we are unable,examining and wielding it it as we are able  while at the same time trading questioning glances with the Blue Lady.

> Unless we are incapable of using it or feel something is off,use it to stop the Shrine Maiden in the way we can such by striking her from behind or activating it behind her .
1.+This Avatar is a (Very Higly Recommended)Miraculous Photo ,Holy Host Consecration in Holy Mass,  by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic):The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-TRANSFORMING , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS in THE HOST CONSECRATION BY PRIEST(S).
2.(Recommended) http://3-me.net/flashdir/thjan/ ( "Touhou Almost Majhong" Online Flash Game )
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references : " DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ( Darcanix ); https://www.youtube.com/user/Darcanix.

Tom

  • *
  • Systems Developer
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2020, 07:22:29 AM »
> ...Then...Quickly try picking up the fan,or somehow channeling it if we are unable,examining and wielding it it as we are able  while at the same time trading questioning glances with the Blue Lady.

> Unless we are incapable of using it or feel something is off,use it to stop the Shrine Maiden in the way we can such by striking her from behind or activating it behind her .

> You reach to grab the fan and much to your surprise it feels tangible and heavy.  Holding it you feel an aura of calmness and fulfillment, it appears to shimmer in a light violet.  You exchange glances with the blue lady, who appears to be intensely looking at fan in your hand, as if telling you to open it.

> As the energy intensifies around the spell casting shrine maiden you take a fighting stance behind her and aim the closed fan.  You flick the fan open and ... nothing happens at first, before suddenly a barrage of beautiful purple and blue butterflies flies past you, all aimed at the spot you pointed at before you opened miss blue's fan.

> The bullets hit their mark, causing the spiritual energy gathered around the shrine maiden to explode, sending both of you backwards and into the large double doors behind you.  Luckily for you the youkai exterminator passes straight through you, sparing you from being pinned at the door.

> As the dust settles you notice the blue lady slides to sit down and compose herself, on the other side of the room the shrine maiden looks around in confusion, clearly disoriented from being interrupted from her trance.  She looks a little different now, that evil smile on her face being replaced with a look of genuine confusion...

Branneg Xy

  • ...JHSM(ARY)I(OSEPH)!+++++
  • +++++!TRINITESANCTISSIME...
    • Branneg Xy
    • (LINKEDIN:my full name). (YOUTUBE) DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ")
  • Gender: Male
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2020, 12:07:15 PM »
> You reach to grab the fan and much to your surprise it feels tangible and heavy.  Holding it you feel an aura of calmness and fulfillment, it appears to shimmer in a light violet.  You exchange glances with the blue lady, who appears to be intensely looking at fan in your hand, as if telling you to open it.

> As the energy intensifies around the spell casting shrine maiden you take a fighting stance behind her and aim the closed fan.  You flick the fan open and ... nothing happens at first, before suddenly a barrage of beautiful purple and blue butterflies flies past you, all aimed at the spot you pointed at before you opened miss blue's fan.

> The bullets hit their mark, causing the spiritual energy gathered around the shrine maiden to explode, sending both of you backwards and into the large double doors behind you.  Luckily for you the youkai exterminator passes straight through you, sparing you from being pinned at the door.

> As the dust settles you notice the blue lady slides to sit down and compose herself, on the other side of the room the shrine maiden looks around in confusion, clearly disoriented from being interrupted from her trance.  She looks a little different now, that evil smile on her face being replaced with a look of genuine confusion...

> Take the fan, have it ready and float up to have a better view and position in case the trouble flares up again.

> Calmly ask for an explanation : " Now,now,what is this conflict that forced me to intervene about ?"

 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 04:05:17 PM by Branneg Xy »
1.+This Avatar is a (Very Higly Recommended)Miraculous Photo ,Holy Host Consecration in Holy Mass,  by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic):The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-TRANSFORMING , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS in THE HOST CONSECRATION BY PRIEST(S).
2.(Recommended) http://3-me.net/flashdir/thjan/ ( "Touhou Almost Majhong" Online Flash Game )
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references : " DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ( Darcanix ); https://www.youtube.com/user/Darcanix.

Tom

  • *
  • Systems Developer
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2020, 04:48:16 AM »
> Take the fan, have it redy and float up to have a better view and position in case the trouble flares up again.

> Calmly ask for an explanation : " Now,now,what is this conflict that forced me to intervene about ?"

> You float up over to the side of the room so you can see both of them

> The blue lady looks up at you and points at the shrine maiden across the room
> "To be honest I'm not sure myself ... yet.  I was having a regular day at Hakugyokuru waiting for little Youmu to make lunch when miss Hakurei suddenly showed up on my doorstep, all spectral and immaterial.  When I approached her she got all defensive and my memory got hazy.  The next thing I remember is waking up here and getting cornered by her."  Despite being nearly exterminated she maintains a cheery and carefree voice

> She then points at you and asks "I assume we share the part about waking up in this mansion?"

Branneg Xy

  • ...JHSM(ARY)I(OSEPH)!+++++
  • +++++!TRINITESANCTISSIME...
    • Branneg Xy
    • (LINKEDIN:my full name). (YOUTUBE) DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ")
  • Gender: Male
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2020, 04:57:17 PM »
> You float up over to the side of the room so you can see both of them

> The blue lady looks up at you and points at the shrine maiden across the room
> "To be honest I'm not sure myself ... yet.  I was having a regular day at Hakugyokuru waiting for little Youmu to make lunch when miss Hakurei suddenly showed up on my doorstep, all spectral and immaterial.  When I approached her she got all defensive and my memory got hazy.  The next thing I remember is waking up here and getting cornered by her."  Despite being nearly exterminated she maintains a cheery and carefree voice

> She then points at you and asks "I assume we share the part about waking up in this mansion?"

//  :o Would you believe I did not recognize these 2 to be the  Reimu of the present and Yuyuko until the Fan was used ? I wasn't "redy"  ::) enough. //

> Hakurei ? Is that connected to that Shrine Maiden named Reimu ,or what we can remember of her, during that  Reprisal Raid from Gensokyo to Makai by those 4 due to the Civilian Travel Agency's... "Misunderstanding "?

> Look to "Hakurei' as well to see her state and reply dividing the attention as needed between her and the Blue Lady.

> Nod with a somehow inquisitive look to the Blue Lady : " Now that we are calm and safe we have discovered the 3 of us,if we are just 3,share that we are here after similarly  having received  surprising visits, being taken by surprise ,carried off and woken up in this Mysterious Secluded Mansion in still unknown ways and for unknown purposes..."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 10:15:01 PM by Branneg Xy »
1.+This Avatar is a (Very Higly Recommended)Miraculous Photo ,Holy Host Consecration in Holy Mass,  by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic):The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-TRANSFORMING , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS in THE HOST CONSECRATION BY PRIEST(S).
2.(Recommended) http://3-me.net/flashdir/thjan/ ( "Touhou Almost Majhong" Online Flash Game )
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references : " DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ( Darcanix ); https://www.youtube.com/user/Darcanix.

Tom

  • *
  • Systems Developer
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2020, 05:04:46 AM »
//  :o Would you believe I did not recognize these 2 to be the  Reimu of the present and Yuyuko until the Fan was used ? I wasn't "redy"  ::) enough. //

> Hakurei ? Is that connected to that Shrine Maiden named Reimu ,or what we can remember of her, during that  Reprisal Raid from Gensokyo to Makai by those 4 due to the Civilian Travel Agency's Misinderstanding ?

> Look to "Hakurei' as well to see her state and reply dividing the attention as needed between her and the Blue Lady.

> Nod with a somehow inquisitive look to the Blue Lady : " Now that we are calm and safe we have discovered the 3 of us,if we are just 3,share that we are here after similarly  having received  surprising visits, being taken by surprise ,carried off and woken up in this Mysterious Secluded Mansion in still unknown ways and for unknown purposes..."
> You make the mental connection that Hakurei is most likely referring to Reimu (not like you know anyone else named Hakurei! it's a pretty rare name for all you know).  How is she awake and how did she regain control of her body?  Who ended the summoning ritual?  Was it interrupted and could that explain why you're seemingly a ghost?  The questions pile on and you feel overwhelmed...

> After hearing your question the Blue Lady looks confused "Sure Reimu was an unexpected visitor but I don't remember being knocked out by surprise before getting here, it was more like my mind got hazy, I blinked and ended up here.  Felt more like what happens when you haven't slept for days and you blink a minute has gone by" She then pauses to think

> You take this moment to look at Hakurei, she appears to still be confused about what's going on but hasn't made an effort to speak yet

> When she snaps out of her thoughts Miss Blue exclaims "We haven't had a chance to introduce ourselves have we?~  I'm Yuyuko Saigyouji, the Innocent Ghost Princess

Branneg Xy

  • ...JHSM(ARY)I(OSEPH)!+++++
  • +++++!TRINITESANCTISSIME...
    • Branneg Xy
    • (LINKEDIN:my full name). (YOUTUBE) DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ")
  • Gender: Male
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2020, 11:24:10 PM »
> You make the mental connection that Hakurei is most likely referring to Reimu (not like you know anyone else named Hakurei! it's a pretty rare name for all you know).  How is she awake and how did she regain control of her body?  Who ended the summoning ritual?  Was it interrupted and could that explain why you're seemingly a ghost?  The questions pile on and you feel overwhelmed...

> After hearing your question the Blue Lady looks confused "Sure Reimu was an unexpected visitor but I don't remember being knocked out by surprise before getting here, it was more like my mind got hazy, I blinked and ended up here.  Felt more like what happens when you haven't slept for days and you blink a minute has gone by" She then pauses to think

> You take this moment to look at Hakurei, she appears to still be confused about what's going on but hasn't made an effort to speak yet

> When she snaps out of her thoughts Miss Blue exclaims "We haven't had a chance to introduce ourselves have we?~  I'm Yuyuko Saigyouji, the Innocent Ghost Princess

> Thoughtful look and small bow: " I am Glad to meet you, Yuyuko Saigyouj, and that I was the only ona taken here roughly "

> "I am Shinki and usually the "Goddes of Makai "but right now I am the "Summoned Goddess of Makai  oddly spectral and immaterial..."

> Gaze and gesture to Reimu: " And, please, could you tell me if is it usual for her... Reimu Hakurei, was it?... to act and fight in such a way like earlier since right now she seems genuinely confused about that ".
1.+This Avatar is a (Very Higly Recommended)Miraculous Photo ,Holy Host Consecration in Holy Mass,  by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic):The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-TRANSFORMING , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS in THE HOST CONSECRATION BY PRIEST(S).
2.(Recommended) http://3-me.net/flashdir/thjan/ ( "Touhou Almost Majhong" Online Flash Game )
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references : " DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ( Darcanix ); https://www.youtube.com/user/Darcanix.

Tom

  • *
  • Systems Developer
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2020, 02:46:47 AM »
> Thoughtful look and small bow: " I am Glad to meet you, Yuyuko Saigyouj, and that I was the only ona taken here roughly "

> "I am Shinki and usually the "Goddes of Makai "but right now I am the "Summoned Goddess of Makai  oddly spectral and immaterial..."

> Gaze and gesture to Reimu: " And, please, could you tell me if is it usual for her... Reimu Hakurei, was it?... to act and fight in such a way like earlier since right now she seems genuinely confused about that ".
> The lady you've come to know as Yuyuko is extremely surprised when you mention who you are promptly stands  up and bows
> She stutters a bit "I-I've heard stories about Makai and its exquisite cuisine! I never thought I'd meet a resident, and to be meeting the native god ... its an honor!" before bowing again

> You both look at Miss Hakurei "No, not unless there's an incident and even then she'd never actually exterminate a spirit or youkai.  On the surface she might come off as arrogant or self centered but at heart she just wants to serve the people and spirits of Gensokyo by maintaining the balance of this paradise.  Its thanks to her and her Spell Card Rules we've come to enjoy years or peace and prosperity.  I can't even imagine what Gensokyo would be like without Reimu, if it'd even exist at all..."

> She narrows her eyes "Which is why I do not understand why she was acting that way...  I was so shocked I couldn't even react to the impending extermination ... part of me wanted to believe this was just a nightmare I'd wake up from the moment I'd be hit...  That look on her face and that smile, s-she m-must have been possessed or something, I refuse to believe the Reimu I know and have shared so many days together with would do this to anyone!"

> Miss Hakurei on the other side of the room sits up upon hearing this and exclaims "I DID WHAT!?" with a look of disgust before looking at her hands, which are still crackling with the remnants of the energy she was channeling.

Branneg Xy

  • ...JHSM(ARY)I(OSEPH)!+++++
  • +++++!TRINITESANCTISSIME...
    • Branneg Xy
    • (LINKEDIN:my full name). (YOUTUBE) DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ")
  • Gender: Male
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2020, 05:38:16 PM »
> The lady you've come to know as Yuyuko is extremely surprised when you mention who you are promptly stands  up and bows
> She stutters a bit "I-I've heard stories about Makai and its exquisite cuisine! I never thought I'd meet a resident, and to be meeting the native god ... its an honor!" before bowing again

> You both look at Miss Hakurei "No, not unless there's an incident and even then she'd never actually exterminate a spirit or youkai.  On the surface she might come off as arrogant or self centered but at heart she just wants to serve the people and spirits of Gensokyo by maintaining the balance of this paradise.  Its thanks to her and her Spell Card Rules we've come to enjoy years or peace and prosperity.  I can't even imagine what Gensokyo would be like without Reimu, if it'd even exist at all..."

> She narrows her eyes "Which is why I do not understand why she was acting that way...  I was so shocked I couldn't even react to the impending extermination ... part of me wanted to believe this was just a nightmare I'd wake up from the moment I'd be hit...  That look on her face and that smile, s-she m-must have been possessed or something, I refuse to believe the Reimu I know and have shared so many days together with would do this to anyone!"

> Miss Hakurei on the other side of the room sits up upon hearing this and exclaims "I DID WHAT!?" with a look of disgust before looking at her hands, which are still crackling with the remnants of the energy she was channeling.

//   :-* Everyone is (More than )Welcome to join in,even starting or limiting with to be very occasional or even  just doing it with player-only replies without CYOA ones  ;D  //

// By the way the DNS-Domain is expired or,hopefully,just on "hiatus " https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php

 > Start to remember a personally basic brush upon,with more for the proper next time&place,  Makaian Cuisine and recipes, best of all Yumeko's but also others if known .

> Understanding nods, reciprocate bow, voice audible and crystal clear and audible for everyone :" Miss Yuyuko,it is a mutual honor for me as well  and,after the immediate impotant concern of investigating and helping Miss  Reimu's situation, I would like to know something more about you,for now is magnificient that we could make,and keeping at, making a good successful aiding of amongst the times of dangers,needs and mysterious confinment ; your lending and my using of your Ghostly Fan helped saving both you and myself in a particular predicament and state
- small  smile,head-bow and ""oriental-hands-thanking-gesture",actually touch Yuyuko's Ghostly Fan,then demonstrate  we cannot do so to ourselves with the other hand-   including the reassurancace  about  Gensokyo and Miss Reimu with with her Spell Card Rules ... when this is over I would be delighted to exchange,even if on my own they are surely limited ,info&ideas about cuisine and dishes, .  "

> " Now for what is immediately important and concerning...."

> Make a soft moving gestures for Miss Yuyuko to come towards Miss Hakurei , get closer to talk,reassure and examine  her but not overly so until she is fully accepting&recovered ; make all the proper pauses for properly reply and understanding  .

> : "  Peace now,Miss Reimu,you are wholly innocent  though sure it is a shock to recover from having experienced that and  ; specifically all 3 of us, like Miss Yuyuko thankfully explained that and more on her side, we  are now mysteriously   confined and sealed somehow in this Mansion either kidnapped,displaced or even temporarly possesed...

> "...For the Culprit,and eventual accomplices, to be this skillfull,cunning,knowledgeful as both a Sealer, a Possessor or Manipulator or related ....successfully setting-up ahead on both of us  during a Strong God-in-Medium Summoning ,an one abruptly ended and interfered with   ...ending with temporarily and unstably possessing a fit , powerful,off-guard conduit like a talented human shrine maiden while trying to go for a true extermination  ...You and I ,Miss Reimu,before this  were involved in the same God Summoning Ritual,though I was not the one you meant to "call-in ",you went to an unexpected place before this and I am fully ghostly&immaterial ,save for  Miss Yuyuko's Ghostly Fan....
Noty just that Evil Dangerous Energy but also The Barriers   ...surely it is important tie for it being performed in your Shrine in Gensokyo and even more with the main operative being ... Alice... but there must be more to it like someone or more baiting&taking advantage...she was summoning me for mysterious and worring occurrence of one of my ribbons linked to myself,personally confirmed bona-fide, not only unknowingly Travelling Dimensions but also Precisely Ending up at Alice's Doorstep... the start of a set-up....however you still have a Remnant of that Dangerous Evil Dangerous Energy as a potential lead I can carefully and hopefully examine as best as I can ....

>Begin to investigate and focus ,through what is now available of our Powers,Senses and Experience as the Makai Dimension Native Goddess , the Dangerous Evil Energy Remnant, our  guard up with Yuyuko's Ghostly Fan yet threatingly ,but also Miss Hakurei's Overall Changes before and after it.

> Particularly lingering activities ,presences ,trails,familiarities,abnormalities?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 11:58:57 PM by Branneg Xy »
1.+This Avatar is a (Very Higly Recommended)Miraculous Photo ,Holy Host Consecration in Holy Mass,  by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic):The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-TRANSFORMING , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS in THE HOST CONSECRATION BY PRIEST(S).
2.(Recommended) http://3-me.net/flashdir/thjan/ ( "Touhou Almost Majhong" Online Flash Game )
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references : " DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ( Darcanix ); https://www.youtube.com/user/Darcanix.

Tom

  • *
  • Systems Developer
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2020, 09:58:37 AM »
// Yeah, new players are welcome in this open quest!  Beginner friendly, its pretty hard to mess things up when you're playing as Reimu or Shinki

// We released a DNS update in the last day, just wait warmly for up to 24 hours for it to resolve itself.

> You let your mind wander off to the delights of Makaian cuisine briefly before remembering there's more pressing issues at hand

> Miss Yuyuko nods and smiles warmly at your comment about her fan.  She seems particularly puzzled when you show her you can't touch anything other than the fan, prompting her to show you she shares the same problem by attempting to open a small drawer near her. "I'm so used to it I don't even notice anymore... Besides everything where I live is Spectral too and in Gensokyo I have little Youmu to help me with things like that"
> After finishing the last sentence Yuyuko appears to be deep in thought

> You approach Reimu who's still looking blankly at her hands and explain to her your interpretation of the situation.  When you finish she nods and you catch a glimpse of her face and she looks like she's both in disbelief and about to cry.

> When you mention the malicious energy and that you'd like to examine it she quietly responds "D-do whatever...  n-not like I care..."

> You feel like you've somehow retained Reimu's aura sensing and purification abilities from when you were summoned, so you get to work examining Reimu's magical energy, which unfortunately leaves you with more questions than answers.  There's clear evidence that some outside force was possessing her earlier, there's traces of foreign magical energy in her aura, however it is disappearing/healing fast and you reckon it will be all gone in the next 15 minutes.
> What puzzles you is how this even happened in the first place, possessing someone isn't as easy as casting a spell and hoping it hits.  The target needs to consent to fuse their magical energy with the caster's energy, and you doubt she'd agree on a whim.  You also doubt she could agree even if she wanted to, since her spirit was with Yuyuko according to her and you were controlling her body during the summoning ritual.
> Her magical energy otherwise is completely comprised of Spiritual Energy (Faith), much like yours.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 04:30:50 AM by Tom »

Branneg Xy

  • ...JHSM(ARY)I(OSEPH)!+++++
  • +++++!TRINITESANCTISSIME...
    • Branneg Xy
    • (LINKEDIN:my full name). (YOUTUBE) DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ")
  • Gender: Male
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2020, 11:57:41 PM »
// Yeah, new players are welcome in this open quest!  Beginner friendly, its pretty hard to mess things up when you're playing as Reimu or Shinki

// We released a DNS update in the last day, just wait warmly for up to 24 hours for it to resolve itself.

> You let your mind wander off to the delights of Makaian cuisine briefly before remembering there's more pressing issues at hand

> Miss Yuyuko nods and smiles warmly at your comment about her fan.  She seems particularly puzzled when you show her you can't touch anything other than the fan, prompting her to show you she shares the same problem by attempting to open a small drawer near her. "I'm so used to it I don't even notice anymore... Besides everything where I live is Spectral too and in Gensokyo I have little Youmu to help me with things like that"
> After finishing the last sentence Yuyuko appears to be deep in thought

> You approach Reimu who's still looking blankly at her hands and explain to her your interpretation of the situation.  When you finish she nods and you catch a glimpse of her face and she looks like she's both in disbelief and about to cry.

> When you mention the malicious energy and that you'd like to examine it she quietly responds "D-do whatever...  n-not like I care..."

> You feel like you've somehow retained Reimu's aura sensing and purification abilities from when you were summoned, so you get to work examining Reimu's magical energy, which unfortunately leaves you with more questions than answers.  There's clear evidence that some outside force was possessing her earlier, there's traces of foreign magical energy in her aura, however it is disappearing/healing fast and you reckon it will be all gone in the next 15 minutes.
> What puzzles you is how this even happened in the first place, possessing someone isn't as easy as casting a spell and hoping it hits.  The target needs to consent to fuse their magical energy with the caster's energy, and you doubt she'd agree on a whim.  You also doubt she could agree even if she wanted to, since her spirit was with Yuyuko according to her and you were controlling her body during the summoning ritual.
> Her magical energy otherwise is completely comprised of Spiritual Energy (Faith), much like yours.

> To Yuyuko: "Yet this is a first-time experience to me,I am not tweet accostumed".

> To Reimu : "I see...Possession by Foreign Magic...Nothing to worry about anymora and full recovery is by 15 minutes,but it still remains mysterious as to how it could have been achieved without consent nor prior interaction...

> Try to aura sense and generally feel the energies in the present environment to better identify them.

> Thoughtful pause,then say to both: " Do you think or find that this place has some similarity or relation with anything in Gensokyo or related?Nothing of the sorts regarding Makai"
1.+This Avatar is a (Very Higly Recommended)Miraculous Photo ,Holy Host Consecration in Holy Mass,  by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic):The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-TRANSFORMING , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS in THE HOST CONSECRATION BY PRIEST(S).
2.(Recommended) http://3-me.net/flashdir/thjan/ ( "Touhou Almost Majhong" Online Flash Game )
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references : " DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ( Darcanix ); https://www.youtube.com/user/Darcanix.

Tom

  • *
  • Systems Developer
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2020, 09:28:10 AM »
> To Yuyuko: "Yet this is a first-time experience to me,I am not tweet accostumed".

> To Reimu : "I see...Possession by Foreign Magic...Nothing to worry about anymora and full recovery is by 15 minutes,but it still remains mysterious as to how it could have been achieved without consent nor prior interaction...

> Try to aura sense and generally feel the energies in the present environment to better identify them.

> Thoughtful pause,then say to both: " Do you think or find that this place has some similarity or relation with anything in Gensokyo or related?Nothing of the sorts regarding Makai"
> Yuyuko looks anxiously at you and responds "Well I hope its only temporary"

> Reimu appears to be recovering from shock and nods at your explanation

> You try and further examine the aura but get no leads, it all appears to be centered around her, with no trails leading elsewhere

> Yuyuko doesn't respond but thinks about what you just mentioned.  The shrine maiden however responds "Oh this should be Remilia's mansion...  though where is everyone?  Usually there's a gate keeper and maid that unsuccessfully try and stop uninvited guests..."  letting out a little laugh at the mention of stopping uninvited guests

Branneg Xy

  • ...JHSM(ARY)I(OSEPH)!+++++
  • +++++!TRINITESANCTISSIME...
    • Branneg Xy
    • (LINKEDIN:my full name). (YOUTUBE) DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ")
  • Gender: Male
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2020, 02:13:49 AM »
> Yuyuko looks anxiously at you and responds "Well I hope its only temporary"

> Reimu appears to be recovering from shock and nods at your explanation

> You try and further examine the aura but get no leads, it all appears to be centered around her, with no trails leading elsewhere

> Yuyuko doesn't respond but thinks about what you just mentioned.  The shrine maiden however responds "Oh this should be Remilia's mansion...  though where is everyone?  Usually there's a gate keeper and maid that unsuccessfully try and stop uninvited guests..."  letting out a little laugh at the mention of stopping uninvited guests

> " Remilia ? And we are in a guarded mansion? Then sooner or later we should hopefully meet someone or be found by someone who could charitably "enlighten" our situation far better than that chandelier,seeing as I have also come across more doors on that upper floor "

> Point to the upper floor .
1.+This Avatar is a (Very Higly Recommended)Miraculous Photo ,Holy Host Consecration in Holy Mass,  by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic):The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-TRANSFORMING , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS in THE HOST CONSECRATION BY PRIEST(S).
2.(Recommended) http://3-me.net/flashdir/thjan/ ( "Touhou Almost Majhong" Online Flash Game )
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references : " DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ( Darcanix ); https://www.youtube.com/user/Darcanix.

Tom

  • *
  • Systems Developer
Re: Incident Mansion Quest
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2020, 09:34:43 PM »
> " Remilia ? And we are in a guarded mansion? Then sooner or later we should hopefully meet someone or be found by someone who could charitably "enlighten" our situation far better than that chandelier,seeing as I have also come across more doors on that upper floor "

> Point to the upper floor .

> Reimu looks upstairs and says "Well yes, if I recall we were invited here... "
> Yuyuko responds "Indeed, little Youmu and I were also invited, we each received an over-the-top golden invitation statue a few days ago"

> She continues "Well it doesn't hurt to explore on our own~  We might run into someone faster that way"

> Reimu points at the large double door on the main floor with the barrier pulsing over it "My intuitions telling me to look at that barrier blocking the doors on this floor, it doesn't seem like something the Scarlet Mansion residents would invest time into... Marisa is the only one who they have trouble keeping out, and she'd rather make a new entrance than try and use an existing one... haha"

> Looks like Yuyuko and you will be exploring the upper floor