Author Topic: Help! Tips for Marisa Fight in Lotus Land Story  (Read 5266 times)

Funbil

• Inspiration and love are the same feeling
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Steam
    • Linktree
Help! Tips for Marisa Fight in Lotus Land Story
« on: November 07, 2023, 03:05:25 PM »
I've been working on a 1CC for Lotus Land Story, and while I can manage all the bosses pretty consistently, Marisa feels the most random and is my most common place to lose lives (the times I have gotten to TLB Yuuka, she honestly seems easier than Marisa). Am I just misunderstanding how her attacks work? The more organized "lane" patterns aren't much of an issue but it often feels like her "cluster" patterns have no particular rhyme or reason, which makes navigating them feel more like luck than skill. If anyone has any suggestions for strategy beyond letting tons of bombs fly I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

Re: Help! Tips for Marisa Fight in Lotus Land Story
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 03:57:49 PM »
What difficulty are you playing on?

Funbil

• Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Steam
    • Linktree
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 05:37:18 PM »
Just normal for now, though I do plan on trying to 1CC harder modes once I get comfortable with this one. I'd imagine the strategies would be similar across difficulties, just more precise.

This vid is interesting because it seems like intentional (?) deaths are being used so that the particular pattern I'm having the hardest time with will get cancelled not by bombs but by reaching Full PowerUp. Otherwise it seems like a lot of macro dodging to avoid the clusters altogether (with the red bullets). The Full PowerUp strategy happens more than once so I have to imagine it's on purpose... Is that really the ideal way to handle it, just bombing/cancelling?

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 09:19:06 PM »
Just normal for now, though I do plan on trying to 1CC harder modes once I get comfortable with this one. I'd imagine the strategies would be similar across difficulties, just more precise.

This vid is interesting because it seems like intentional (?) deaths are being used so that the particular pattern I'm having the hardest time with will get cancelled not by bombs but by reaching Full PowerUp. Otherwise it seems like a lot of macro dodging to avoid the clusters altogether (with the red bullets). The Full PowerUp strategy happens more than once so I have to imagine it's on purpose... Is that really the ideal way to handle it, just bombing/cancelling?

After rewatching the video multiple times Im pretty sure that it was an accident, It does´nt look like it was done on purpose.

I have´nt played LLS with Reimu, only with Marisa so I´m not that familiar with that part.

Ill do it right now.

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2023, 12:13:00 AM »
After rewatching the video multiple times Im pretty sure that it was an accident, It does´nt look like it was done on purpose.

I have´nt played LLS with Reimu, only with Marisa so I´m not that familiar with that part.

Ill do it right now.
As you said, the patterns rely on a lot of macro dodging, my recommendation is to not stick close to the corner of the screen as it will make dodging her orb attacks much harder and you can have a headstart on macro dodging her patterns.

Reimu's old design is so pretty, I wish they could bring it back someday.

Funbil

• Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Steam
    • Linktree
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2023, 01:02:20 AM »
I see. I do tend to get stuck down towards the bottom edge of the screen during those clusters, so that's a good idea to stay more mobile. Thanks!

And yeah, I really love how the PC-98 games look. We needs Pants Yuuka to come back...

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2023, 01:39:25 PM »
I see. I do tend to get stuck down towards the bottom edge of the screen during those clusters, so that's a good idea to stay more mobile. Thanks!

And yeah, I really love how the PC-98 games look. We needs Pants Yuuka to come back...

We need more pants in Touhou. period. It's been like 8 years since we've gotten a new character with pants.

I like seeing cute girls with pants.

P.S: If you can, make sure to post your score on the high score entry.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 01:42:27 PM by degradingwindow »