Author Topic: dat.led file extraction?  (Read 4863 times)

KonngaraFan6951

• KonngaraFan#6951
dat.led file extraction?
« on: November 11, 2022, 01:45:57 AM »
how do i extract a dat.led file? i used DXArchive but it wont work, its not a lenen game but its made by jynx: https://www.freem.ne.jp/win/game/15082

deice

• minus mentality
    • 
Re: dat.led file extraction?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 01:07:20 PM »
it's possible that the game has a different decryption key than the len'en games.
using the key B496F9E992CDB2D2A31A40BE does work with the len'en games but not with this one, and i'm not able to find that anyone did figure out which key the game does use.

the dxlib source code is public so it might be possible to figure out an efficient way to bruteforce a key, though i don't believe anyone's attempted this yet (especially with the new, more secure format).

Re: dat.led file extraction?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2022, 01:50:01 AM »
I do have a way to get the XOR key and it gave me B496F9E992CDB2D2A31A40BE, i.e. the same as in deice's post.

I can't extract the files though; I don't know exactly how the dxlib format works and I keep running into weird cases in various games that break things. But that should be the key.

With the 64-bit version of dxlib, there's so much empty space in the file it's really easy to extract the key. Anything XOR 00 is itself, after all.