Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 19F  (Read 200014 times)

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 19F
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2020, 09:20:01 PM »
The patch massively reduced the FPS on the glowing circle spinning animations for a lot of the menus even on the PC version, which is kind of disconcerting because it's -very- stuttery, but the increased walk speed is glorious. The slightly tweaked portraits are kind of weird after being so used to the normal ones. Everyone is strangely happy and Rumia's face shrunk...

And Komachi's counter being super weak after Plus Disk release (for player-side Komachi) was fixed, good for her. It sounds like Reimu's Fantasy Seal -Blink- was finally fixed?

Infinite Corridor is a lot nicer with the boosted movement speed. It's too bad those slow, bright flashes are still tied to every corridor event, but ah well. If those had been removed you'd really be able to zoom through.

« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2020, 12:47:06 AM »
Hey guys, the english patch 1.107 when I load it, all the character sprites are not shown. Is it just me or something is missing?

« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2020, 09:00:55 AM »
You need to first apply the official Japanese 1.107 patch. This includes the updated portraits. Then get the English patch.

« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2020, 12:02:23 PM »
Wow, cant believe I am so dumb. Thanks so much, the new character sprites look really nice

Validon98

• Utahime says hello!
« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2020, 07:45:47 PM »
I just got to the Heaven bosses on 30F and they do in fact have six times the XP/money listed for them on the wiki now, at least on the Switch version.

Thurler

• Go slow to go fast
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Github
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2020, 12:36:10 AM »
The patch massively reduced the FPS on the glowing circle spinning animations for a lot of the menus even on the PC version, which is kind of disconcerting because it's -very- stuttery, but the increased walk speed is glorious.

This has been an issue since 1.105 (maybe earlier? I dont have a way to test older versions), I'm not exactly sure when the game begins to stutter those animations, and it's not consistent for me at all. The only pattern I've found back when I noticed it was that only save files with huge numbers (level 2000+) were affected, if you start a new game those animations play properly. And sometimes I get no animation issues at all, it's very weird. Fwiw I haven't noticed that issue in 1.107 yet.

« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2020, 05:06:24 PM »
Is there a patch for LOT1 on Windows 10 or do I need to use a virtual machine?

Also, can someone tell me the exact dimensions of the LOT2 portaits for chara graphs?

« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2020, 05:37:23 PM »
Laby 1 works in windows 10, but the game refuses to open 90% of the time, at least for me
Try launching the game many times, so the confirmation screen pops up multiple times, then mash the OK button until one of those launches the game
If you check Task Manager, you will probably see many th_labyrinth.exe's in there, using less than a megabyte of ram, and no cpu or disk whatsoever, its a weird bug but with enough tries, the game launches anyway

Edit: Anyone knows if the IC chests are fixed between each rarity tier, and if opened correctly or by force? I was thinking about making a spreadsheet of the drops to make the wiki a bit more complete, also working on the remaining bossfight's articles
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 10:28:44 PM by kael070 »

« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2020, 10:34:51 PM »
 Has anyone ever had a problem that their X key is not working in LoT2? It was working until yesterday and today it's not working anymore to cancel in game. I can type the X button so the key is not broken so probably the key mapping has gone wrong. Anybody can help me please?

Thurler

• Go slow to go fast
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Github
« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2020, 07:35:54 AM »
Updated the pastebin yet again with Plus Disk boss AI up to the 26F Yamata no Orochi fight: https://pastebin.com/3GpUKQNs

No broken fights this time, but a few interesting things to note:
  • Shadow Nitori and Shadow Momiji have fixed patterns
  • Shadow Yuuka has a very interesting cooldown system, where she alternates between weaker and stronger spells, and how many turns pass between casts of stronger spells depends on which strong spell was used
  • Shadow Maribel permanently reduces her DEF and MND every time she uses Liberated Abilities
  • Shadow Komachi and Shadow Eiki have a very funny gimmick where Komachi will spam slack off, and each turn Eiki has a 25% chance to scold her, which forces Komachi to attack normally. However she has a 25% chance to pretend to attack, and after doing that twice she'll go back to slacking off
  • Toyosatomimi no Miko has a bug in her phase shifts that fails to update her DRK affinity throughout the fight, leaving with her with a permanent 50 affinity when it should go 50 -> 1000 -> 150
  • Yamata no Orochi has a fixed pattern for all 4 phases
I expect progress on this to slow down a bit since I'll need to advance in IC and grind for the top floors to get to the final stuff, and that is going to take some time. When I get to the IC bosses I'll extract the stats as well with CE so we can finally fill in the boss data for IC enemies in the bestiary. Can't wait to spend 4 hours reading Winner's decompiled AI script!

« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2020, 02:17:46 AM »
This has been an issue since 1.105 (maybe earlier? I dont have a way to test older versions), I'm not exactly sure when the game begins to stutter those animations, and it's not consistent for me at all. The only pattern I've found back when I noticed it was that only save files with huge numbers (level 2000+) were affected, if you start a new game those animations play properly. And sometimes I get no animation issues at all, it's very weird. Fwiw I haven't noticed that issue in 1.107 yet.
I've been having it since Plus Disk, IIRC. I even asked on the old forums when they were a thing and nobody knew anything.

« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2020, 10:27:38 PM »
Updated the pastebin yet again with Plus Disk boss AI up to the 26F Yamata no Orochi fight: https://pastebin.com/3GpUKQNs

No broken fights this time, but a few interesting things to note:
  • Shadow Nitori and Shadow Momiji have fixed patterns
  • Shadow Yuuka has a very interesting cooldown system, where she alternates between weaker and stronger spells, and how many turns pass between casts of stronger spells depends on which strong spell was used
  • Shadow Maribel permanently reduces her DEF and MND every time she uses Liberated Abilities
  • Shadow Komachi and Shadow Eiki have a very funny gimmick where Komachi will spam slack off, and each turn Eiki has a 25% chance to scold her, which forces Komachi to attack normally. However she has a 25% chance to pretend to attack, and after doing that twice she'll go back to slacking off
  • Toyosatomimi no Miko has a bug in her phase shifts that fails to update her DRK affinity throughout the fight, leaving with her with a permanent 50 affinity when it should go 50 -> 1000 -> 150
  • Yamata no Orochi has a fixed pattern for all 4 phases
I expect progress on this to slow down a bit since I'll need to advance in IC and grind for the top floors to get to the final stuff, and that is going to take some time. When I get to the IC bosses I'll extract the stats as well with CE so we can finally fill in the boss data for IC enemies in the bestiary. Can't wait to spend 4 hours reading Winner's decompiled AI script!
Excellent work here. Are you planning to show this to the developer in hopes of bug fixes or anything?

Thurler

• Go slow to go fast
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Github
« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2020, 06:07:11 AM »
Are you planning to show this to the developer in hopes of bug fixes or anything?

I don't personally plan on doing that, but I could help prepare a more well-written text to send to 3peso after someone helps translate it, explaining how this was found and how we think these could be fixed. That is if they are bugs in the first place, some could just be very hacky ways to nerf or change a fight. Wouldn't want to come off as suggesting the game is buggy when it isn't, though it likely is lol.

« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2020, 05:36:05 PM »
Does anyone know how to compress a folder into a dxa file? I want to replace some of the enemy sprites

deice

• minus mentality
    • 
« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2020, 02:19:39 PM »
Does anyone know how to compress a folder into a dxa file? I want to replace some of the enemy sprites

https://github.com/yumetodo/DxLib

sadly this has no english documentation, but you may find it useful. (i think that the function you're looking for specifically is DxArchive_)
if you do end up figuring it out, i believe that the encryption key for labyrinth of touhou 2 is AD14C4698CEBB077923E32A5

« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2020, 07:04:11 PM »
Alright so, I tried this and when I go to encrypt, it only encrypts about 48 mb of the 58 or so that would be there normally. Then the exe won't start. I believe this has to do with the password but I'm not quite sure how to enter it
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 11:42:12 PM by BlackLiquidSorrow »

Thurler

• Go slow to go fast
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Github
« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2020, 07:06:44 AM »
I did some messing around in the game's exe and managed to add an extra skill on Aya's page, as well as a 5th spell for her to use. I tried giving her an enemy spell but the game just crashed, probably because there is no level and description associated with that spell ID. Note these were done as a direct patch on the exe, so there's no need to get Cheat Engine involved to give her more stuff. This could be replicated for every character, so that everyone has 10 skills and 5 spells (including those unlocked by Awakenings), even changing which are locked behing the Awakening feature.

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

The reasoning for wasting time with this is simple: I hope that one day in the future I might sit down and actually write a script to randomize a lot of things in this game, like spell elements, ailments, formulas, who gets which skill and spell, even some enemy AI. It's still a distant dream atm as I gather knowledge and motivation to plan it out and pull it off, but for now fooling around will do.

If anyone wants a more technical explanation of how this was achieved: https://pastebin.com/CQqMdwaE

« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2020, 10:59:25 PM »
Alright so, I tried this and when I go to encrypt, it only encrypts about 48 mb of the 58 or so that would be there normally. Then the exe won't start. I believe this has to do with the password but I'm not quite sure how to enter it

I figured it out. Turns out, I can just keep the dxa's decrypted then mod away. The only other step is to set system locale to japanese

« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2020, 08:59:03 PM »
Say, is the gambler's mp cost spell broken? I have it on Kaguya and her spell costs are the same

« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2020, 09:38:11 PM »
Say, is the gambler's mp cost spell broken? I have it on Kaguya and her spell costs are the same
I just tried it and it works as intended (the MP costs are doubled in-battle, the description outside of battle will still have the original cost).

« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2020, 10:45:52 PM »
I just tried it and it works as intended (the MP costs are doubled in-battle, the description outside of battle will still have the original cost).

Yeah, I just realized that lol. I thought those were her default costs.

VIVIT

• Cactus-powered autonomous domestic appliance
« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2020, 11:42:09 PM »
Does this game have a first-person viewmode for the exploration? Isometric dungeon crawling seems somehow wrong.

« Reply #112 on: October 05, 2020, 12:51:18 AM »
No, only angled bird eye view.
For me first person dungeon crawlers feel unplayable >~>

VIVIT

« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2020, 07:12:05 PM »
The game's supposed to be based on Etrian Odyssey though, isn't it?

« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2020, 07:22:31 PM »
Doesn't mean it should do everything exactly as EO does. Personally, I like the 2D more than the 3D myself, but that's just me.

« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2020, 07:39:01 PM »
Yes, based on EO and Wizardry, and takes a lot of elements from the "Angband" saga of games
Spoiler:
(***WINNER*** and the Chaos Serpent come from there)
yet, not because of that it should also copy the first person view from EO.

From what I recall, the Angband related games were on bird's eye view right? I never played them, and doubt I ever will because I really don't enjoy games with CLI graphics

Also a little thing I found out while messing around with Laby 1 that maybe has already been discussed in the previous threads, your position is stored as a static value on the process, and is easily accessible so with Cheatengine you could edit the X and Y position, and even add a hotkey to increase the value so Reimu can go thru walls, Seiga style.
The memory adresses are 0019155C for the X axis, and 00191560 for the Y axis, but this one is inverted (positive values send you down instead).
Just be careful to not go outside the map limits or the map can start showing glitches, and Reimu's sprite will become invisible, nothing too destructive but certainly annoying

« Reply #116 on: October 05, 2020, 10:55:49 PM »
Borrowing enemies from another series doesn't mean anything, as the game is filled to the brim with references to all sorts of things. The game is clearly inspired by EO in some ways but massively different in others.

VIVIT

« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2020, 04:59:02 PM »
Oh, this game has Angband references? Ohohoho! This sounds right up my alley after all.

nav

• only a poor old duck
  • still a poor old duck
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • nav#5828
« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2020, 07:32:00 PM »
Are there any actual Wizardry references? Always figured the inspiration is only indirect.

VIVIT

« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2020, 01:55:22 AM »
Having difficulty getting the text to display right in Wine. I downloaded that meiryo font and put it in c:\windows\fonts, but it's still using a font that's too wide for the text box. Did I miss a step?