Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 19F  (Read 200124 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 19F
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2020, 07:17:36 AM »
great explanation
Oh, when I tried using CE I was searching for a float value and gave up.

I pretty much found it instantly now, thank you!

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2020, 03:36:45 PM »
I wonder, does anybody here know if/how the noencounters.txt is supposed to work? I'm quite fed up with the random schmucks that I have to kill when running through the maps to get that 100% map clear.

I tried using a hex editor on the exe, going to the lines specified and overwriting their contents with what was written below, but all I managed to do was make the game crash on startup  ::)

Using a hex editor is what you should do, but I haven't updated that file in many versions. I wasn't aware I was even including it. So yeah the values are completely wrong, and a crash is about what you can expect.

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2020, 08:03:48 AM »
Wow, it's only been two years after I finished Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and the sequel is already in the works‽  :D

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2020, 02:55:19 AM »
New translation patch, with a bunch of minor text fixes:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tWh5bXlZkE14XWQfGhJ76rS_Ich6Hoo7

Gesh86

• Supporter of Hina
    • YouTube
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2020, 05:14:06 PM »
New translation patch, with a bunch of minor text fixes:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tWh5bXlZkE14XWQfGhJ76rS_Ich6Hoo7

Is it correct that the current story translation still ends at 27F? Or does it go further with this newest patch?

deice

• minus mentality
    • 
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2020, 06:56:30 PM »
Is it correct that the current story translation still ends at 27F? Or does it go further with this newest patch?

looking at the "Story" folder, the rest of the plus disk stuff after 27F has indeed been translated

TheWeirdOtaku

• YouTube
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2020, 09:58:46 PM »
Curious, is it possible to start NG+ with the Plus Disc characters, or is that completely out of the question?

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2020, 11:07:47 PM »
All the story has already been translated.

Curious, is it possible to start NG+ with the Plus Disc characters, or is that completely out of the question?
Yes, it's possible, you can use these saves by Zarator:
-https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NG_XIauq-SIluu859lfZnWrdb9Y8brwm?usp=sharing (Normal)
-https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YzQHxR8bp8ZMcyFNMHFStYFPck-Dmn1c?usp=sharing (Hard)

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2020, 01:06:55 AM »
Do these saves have the full BP requirements already met too?

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2020, 06:03:56 AM »
Do these saves have the full BP requirements already met too?
No, these don't have that. I know Zarator also made those, but I don't think they ever shared both of them, only the Normal version, so I just posted the regular ones.

Gesh86

• Supporter of Hina
    • YouTube
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2020, 09:42:14 AM »
looking at the "Story" folder, the rest of the plus disk stuff after 27F has indeed been translated

All the story has already been translated.

Whoops, I must have missed a pivotal update that added them quite a while ago. Applied the patch and it works. Thanks for the replies!
I had put my LoT2 playthrough into hibernation months ago when the dialogue on 28F had only been in japanese. Looking forward to returning to it in the near future, probably after I'm done with TPDP Yume no Kakera.

TheWeirdOtaku

• YouTube
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2020, 10:05:16 AM »
Yes, it's possible, you can use these saves by Zarator

Thank you!!

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2020, 09:46:34 PM »
I will check that translation patch, in my recent gameplay I found this untranslated kanji after the fight with the
Spoiler:
Yamata no Orochi
, hopefully this new translation will fix it
Also, somewhere Reimu was called Riemu, around that same part
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 09:50:44 PM by kael070 »

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2020, 01:24:12 AM »
Riemu is fixed, this will be in the next patch.

I think that random kanji is fixed - I thought it was already fixed in the patch I just posted. It's a weird one, because in the original, he's not saying anything at all. That text line is just supposed to be a blank space.

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2020, 09:16:42 PM »
I think that random kanji is fixed - I thought it was already fixed in the patch I just posted. It's a weird one, because in the original, he's not saying anything at all. That text line is just supposed to be a blank space.
Yeah, I just tested it and it's now a proper blank space.

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2020, 04:11:29 PM »
Hey guys, noob here, excuse my english.
So since i'm bad at the game, i decided to grind!
Am at main game, and noticed some interesting things with Nazrin.
These might be known already, but i haven't seen it mentioned at the wiki, though i didn't look very hard.

Basically, if you are using Nazrin to farm for money, and youre using her dowsing tech #1 spellcard, it gives you a 1.66 money multiplier.
The game says that it multiplies money dropped by enemies by 1.66 ,but from what ive seen it simply works as if you had a 166% money bonus from consecutive battles, and/or equips, other party members, but not actually incrasing the base money dropped by enemies.
(The consecutive battle bonus seems to be capped at 50 battles (or around 50), anything further will not give you bonuses.)

What this means is that the equips and party members you have in your party to incrase rewards essentialy do absolutely nothing, until you reach a money bonus above 166%

--This is under the assumption that nazrin will kill every enemy using her dowsing tech #1 and extra steps.

So in order to get the maximum amount of rewards, that would be to use nazrin until you reach a 166% reward bonus, then simply ditch her, because, her spell wont give you more money(i dont think it reduces the amount of money dropped if you have a higher multiplier than 166%)

This could be rather convinient, as you dont have to do long chains while using nazrin and letting her kill everything.

The exact same thing applies to her EXP CLD spell.

Tests were done at 20f depths, and 11f extra center.

I'm wondering if the items bonus technique of nazrin works the same way.
That would mean that it would work as if you had a 200% item drop rate bonus, which again, would make other charaters, as well as her own passive skill (20% incrase) useless, only if she kills everything with the WND downsing #2.

UNLESS:
The spellcard does in fact double the base drop rate of items, which could mean that it would stack with other item drop rate bonuses.
I have no way of testing this, because i don't know whether or not i got lucky after each battle.
I seem to be having more luck with items after long chains, even if nazrin kills everything, but that could very well be just placebo.

If there's someone with videogame magic coding haxor skills, i would appreciate if you could somehow check.
Also, if this is known already pls enlighten me.

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2020, 07:18:05 PM »
Basically, if you are using Nazrin to farm for money, and youre using her dowsing tech #1 spellcard, it gives you a 1.66 money multiplier.
The game says that it multiplies money dropped by enemies by 1.66 ,but from what ive seen it simply works as if you had a 166% money bonus from consecutive battles, and/or equips, other party members, but not actually incrasing the base money dropped by enemies.
She does increase base money dropped, as an example, try killing the Lesser Golem on 3F with it, you'll see you get 664 money, while the Golem's base money drop is 400. That base amount shown at the end of combat is then multiplied by the special item/consecutive combat bonus (so if you have a 50% bonus you'd get 664*1.5).

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2020, 08:14:29 PM »
She does increase base money dropped, as an example, try killing the Lesser Golem on 3F with it, you'll see you get 664 money, while the Golem's base money drop is 400. That base amount shown at the end of combat is then multiplied by the special item/consecutive combat bonus (so if you have a 50% bonus you'd get 664*1.5).

I have done some further testing if you're interested.

Main game Floor 17F!
This time i only brought nazrin to battle.

So for the test i picked the literal first random encounter enemy compositon that i would need later to compare.
This was:

1 Devil Kedama
1 Pengu Gem

That was my very first battle. I made sure to use gold rush on both of them.

Results:
I got 394 money, with my money bonus being 9%.

Then i started battling till i got this exact same enemy composition.
This took me 15 battles.

On battle sixteen with enemies being:
1 Devil kedama
1 Pangu Gem

At the end result screen my money bonus was arund 45% (i also equiped a viloet green rupee)
Again, I made sure to use gold rush on both of them.

And this time i got 394 money  again!
Had the money bonus applied on top of gold rush, i would have gotten above 500 money.

To me it seems like it nazrin spells ignore these bonuses,as long as its below the specified amount(1.66=166%)
However be sure to check yourself too, because i could be wrong of course.
It mostly just comes to lucky with the rng to get the same exact room.

On an unrelated note,
Since the only party member i had was nazrin, my party level was way lower then the enemies avarage level.

And i got showered with items! Very much so, i didn't even use the dowsing tech #2.

I did notice this a bit before, but I wanna see if i'm just making stuff up, because I'm consistently getting more items on a lower party level.
But of course i could have been just lucky.

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2020, 09:49:14 PM »
Question, when you say 394 money, you mean the display after battle or an actual calculation of the money you had pre battle and post battle?
Because the displays post battle are just the base amounts without any bonus applied to them, same for the exp
I can understand having different amounts for exp, since every char gains exp at different speeds, but money is just 1 value, they couldn't show the correct money values post battle?

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2020, 11:24:04 PM »
Question, when you say 394 money, you mean the display after battle or an actual calculation of the money you had pre battle and post battle?
Because the displays post battle are just the base amounts without any bonus applied to them, same for the exp
I can understand having different amounts for exp, since every char gains exp at different speeds, but money is just 1 value, they couldn't show the correct money values post battle?

Damn.
i never thought of that.
Well this makes my posts meaningless :p

It is exactly as how you say.
The amount of money you have doesn't accurately line up with what yould should be getting according to the post battle screen.
Pulling out the calculator for some quick maths, the actual bonus you're getting is very very very  close to the numbers presented.
So i guess everything works as intended, thanks for the clear up kael.

Well at least this won't come up again, as it is now solved.

« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2020, 11:11:39 PM »
So, im nearing the bottom floor and the ??? Boss there nukes me at the end with a multi element attack, which I dont know how it works
The attack is spirit, dark and mystic, so if I have 200 affinity in each, the damage gets halved 3 times? Or does it only consider the highest/lowest affinity?
Same with Awakened miko, her Tradition of just rewards becomes dual element, anyone knows how this works?

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2020, 04:05:32 AM »
It only considers the lowest affinity. So, with dual-elemental attacks on your own team (Mamizou/Miko/Kokoro) it essentially targets the most vulnerable element possessed. You can have 500 of two of the elements, but if you have 50 affinity to one, the entire attack is considered as targetting 50 affinity.

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2020, 05:00:46 PM »
Bit of off topic, does anyone know what the EVA number represents?
Is it (Enemy ACC-Charater EVA) or what determines the chance of evading an attack?
Im trying to give some charaters a defensive option, who have low SPD or bad affinities.
Though Byakuren with 80 EVA seems to evade fairly regurarly, so it might just be some specific enemies having low ACC attacks.
What would be a good baseline EVA to work with defensively that isn't overkill?

Also I wonder if Bosses/Foes have ACC modifiers on ther spellcards, just like some chararters do.

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2020, 06:23:28 PM »
Bit of off topic, does anyone know what the EVA number represents?
Is it (Enemy ACC-Charater EVA) or what determines the chance of evading an attack?
Im trying to give some charaters a defensive option, who have low SPD or bad affinities.
Though Byakuren with 80 EVA seems to evade fairly regurarly, so it might just be some specific enemies having low ACC attacks.
What would be a good baseline EVA to work with defensively that isn't overkill?

Also I wonder if Bosses/Foes have ACC modifiers on ther spellcards, just like some chararters do.
While the specifics aren't known, it's been tested that even with more evasion than the enemy has accuracy you can still get hit, so it's most likely a division instead of a substraction; so you can never guarantee a character will dodge everything no matter how much EVA they have or how little ACC the enemy has. 80-100 EVA is generally already fairly decent.

And yes, some enemy attacks also have ACC modifiers, though they're not that common and mostly just used by bosses.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2020, 03:11:19 AM »
Everyone just having EVA boost in plus disk gives some decent evading here and there, but eventually you get some real EVA monsters who can easily reach 120~200 and they can semi-reliably dodge even superboss attacks. Roughly 100 eva is still helpful overall.

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2020, 12:32:00 PM »
From personal experience, it feels like the dodge works a bit like affinities with some additions, if you have 0 evasion you will never dodge anything, if the enemy has for example 60 accuracy, 60 of your dodge is negated, if you have around 100 evade, counting the enemy accuracy, you dodge around half the attacks, with 200, around 75%, with 300 evade, around 87.5%, and so on
It feels like it is that way because when you fight high evade enemies, the chance is never 0, this is my guess, as such, the formula is probably different

This feels specially true when fighting
Spoiler:
Koishi with her 1000 dodge
cuz the chance to hit her is very low, but never 0

But since this is Labyrinth of Touhou, the formula is probably more complex than necessary, I will never forget how in Laby 1 the resistances had to be multiplied by 3 for your chars, and the stats for enemies worked in a different way than yours too~

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2020, 02:13:09 PM »
From personal experience, it feels like the dodge works a bit like affinities with some additions, if you have 0 evasion you will never dodge anything, if the enemy has for example 60 accuracy, 60 of your dodge is negated, if you have around 100 evade, counting the enemy accuracy, you dodge around half the attacks, with 200, around 75%, with 300 evade, around 87.5%, and so on
It feels like it is that way because when you fight high evade enemies, the chance is never 0, this is my guess, as such, the formula is probably different
That might be, tough it might depend on luck moreso, my koishi with 204 evade while can dodge frequently, my byakuren with 90 EVA also seems to dodge quite a lot, though it might just seem that way as she is slot 1, thus getting hit more often.
But yeah, i suspect there are some heavy diminishing returns on higher values of EVA.

I was mostly asking since i was wondering what the gameplan would be for charaters with poor defenses, giant delays, but skills that make you not want to switch them out.
In theory at least, im not sure if such a charater even exists.
I was playing around with Utsuho, and Giga Flare makes me scratch my head a bit.
The delay on it implies she wants to be switched out, but then she'll lose her stacks.
Now thankfully she can take a punch no problem, but how do you use Giga flare anyway? Switch out regardless? SPD Buff? Monk? Aya?
I guess i could just wait it out, till she crawls her huge bottom all the way up to 10.000 atb.
Though, fighting spirit is gone even if shuffled on frontline.
Interesting nonetheless.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2020, 08:38:07 PM »
Switching out and losing buffs isn't the end of the world (she's also not -that- durable until later Plus), but if you want to make use of Overheating too you might want to 'charge up' with a few normal attacks first and just wait out Giga Flare's delay, if you think she's reliably going to live that long.  Utsuho's Giga Flare is a pretty good example of a perfect Aya situation tho' for her turn-granting skill. And yeah, that's a good situation of where Monk's delay relaxing passive shines. Not that you can ever go wrong with it's passive buffs.

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2020, 12:31:11 AM »
Actually, Thurler just found out the hit rate formula today, it's (ACC*100)/(EVA+100)%, with ACC being the user's Accuracy plus the spell's Accuracy modifier. So at base 100 ACC with no modifiers you'd have a 50% chance of hitting a target with 100 EVA.

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2020, 01:23:46 AM »
For Utsuho, the Aya method works really well, thanks to her supreme speed, you can easily give Utsuho another turn after she used a Giga Flare, but I found it hard to keep her alive long enough without resorting to stuff like Eirin overheal for Fighting Spirit and overheat to actually do something, Nitori can get away with this because Maintenance just gives her a massive boost but not Utsuho, unless you invest in her a lot, for that reason I choose to not use her when I got her, same with patchy

Aya in Labyrinth 2 became a very good support character, give her some survivavility, good mp pool, and maybe some MP regen and she will be ridiculous, and if you get so many turns that you don't know what to use them on, subbing Herbalist is always good, and with her speed, she even recovers a decent ammount of MP while in the background

For pure magical damage I usually favour Alice, hard to turn down on her versatility, 30% magic bonus with no downside other than having to use Marisa in the back, and the Hanged Hourai Dolls skill gets a massive damage boost with the enhanced row attack subclass skill, even bosses where the trick was in using defense piercing attacks, Alice had so much raw firepower that she pierced the enemy's defenses anyway