Author Topic: Presenting Awesome Touhou  (Read 250 times)

Pepi

• Occult Enthusiast
  • Hello, thanks for reading :3
    • Twitter
    • raxelgrande
    • My Github
Presenting Awesome Touhou
« on: May 11, 2024, 10:38:01 PM »
This is my first time using this forum so be patient with me, it won't look as pretty.
i don't even know how to make the image linking cooperate with image hosting servers or how to use a custom profile pic, my Zoomer origins are giving me a handicap.

After reading and participating on the forum post made by Vanyk in the Moriya Forums, "The problems of modern Touhou and how to solve them"
https://moriyashrine.org/forums/topic/4837-the-problems-of-modern-touhou-and-how-to-solve-them-some-info-about-doujin-scene/

I was left puzzled, "in what way could i help out..." and then i remembered that there is a small internet trend called Awesome Websites.
Those websites are a compilation of everything Awesome that happens in the topic the list is covering. It is mostly used to gather resources for programming languages.

I present to you, Awesome Touhou.
https://github.com/Raxelgrande/awesome-touhou

The first part of the readme will do a much better job than I at introducing the website to you.

A community driven list of everything valuable and interesting in the Touhou Community.

Touhou is among the biggest and oldest communities in the internet, spanning multiple languages and subcultures, you can find just about everything and this is very intimidating to newcomers and veterans alike. Touhou History is vast and that makes it hard to navigate, but not anymore!

Our goal is curating the best of the best The Community has made, with the idea to facilitate discoverability, archival/historical efforts and make community contact between different parts of the fandom easier.

We really value your help, without it, this project would wither away very quickly. Please read the following section if you are interested in helping out.

So, as you read, i hope this at least goes in your bookmarks and if you like the idea, please help and contribute your links to the project and of course share it around.
Don't tempt me into writing a wall of text.
Aghh you tempted me!!! Prepare to get wall of texted!
Welcome to Textopolis, the place where text is texted to everyone who can read.
If you didn't notice, signatures are not my strong point.

High-Tension Yuuritsu

• Oriental Steel Warrior
  • 妖怪羊は幻想郷の夢を見るか?
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • yuuritsu_yumegane
Re: Presenting Awesome Touhou
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2024, 01:21:30 PM »
A pretty nice idea, I dig it.  :cirnotan: :extend:
I hope more people can have the right exposure to Touhou this way.
「開運!」「厄除!」「縁結び!」「商売繁盛!」「安全祈願!」「巫力解放!!」「シュート!!!」

SeroVich

• Youkai Hunter Maniac
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2024, 04:04:32 PM »
Really cool thing you made here, I might follow your project with high interest.
"Thou art a genius." - Tomo Takino, Chapter 1; Page 38

williewillus

• Chinese American, programmer, danmaku nerd
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • williewillus
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2024, 12:17:21 AM »
I know this is modeled off other programming-style "awesome" lists, but if you want to reach a nontechnical crowd I'd set up an actual website for it, e.g. via GitHub pages. A source code repo is a bit too intimidating otherwise.

williewillus

• Chinese American, programmer, danmaku nerd
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • williewillus
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2024, 12:32:23 AM »
And potentially have sectioning/pages instead of one long doc which can be intimidating.

Pepi

• Occult Enthusiast
  • Hello, thanks for reading :3
    • Twitter
    • raxelgrande
    • My Github
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2024, 05:35:11 PM »
And potentially have sectioning/pages instead of one long doc which can be intimidating.

Thank you for the feedback, i am researching ways of how to improve the list further to make it more friendly.
Don't tempt me into writing a wall of text.
Aghh you tempted me!!! Prepare to get wall of texted!
Welcome to Textopolis, the place where text is texted to everyone who can read.
If you didn't notice, signatures are not my strong point.