~Beyond the Border~ > Rumia's Party Games

Kisume Quest

<< < (2/4) > >>

Branneg Xy:

--- Quote from: kurzov on August 31, 2023, 04:44:23 PM ---> Advice accepted. The bucket could just barely fit two youkai, and as Yamame boarded the bucket, you started to pull the nearby rope, causing the bucket to begin descending.

> You ask the question about what had happened last time you ended up down in the Ancient City.
> "What happened that time? Memory's a bit hazy today..." Yamame shakes her head, explaining what had happened to you.
> "It was a while ago. You ended up in the Ancient City one way or another, got lost, then you got roped into a drinkin' contest with another oni down there. Yuugi eventually fished you out after the booze started givin' you troubles. When she found ya, you were out cold on the ground, outside one of them oni bars. I had'ta go and find your bucket."
> You could barely manage a mumbled response to that. That must have been embarrassing. You try to not think about it too much as the bucket continues to lower.

> Eventually the bucket reaches the ground level of Former Hell. As Yamame exits the bucket, you begin detaching said bucket from the assembly that had been used to get here. Yamame asks some questions in the meantime. "So whatcha know about that surface incident that I don't?"
> "Something, hopefully. We could exchange what we know."
> "While I was looking for unsuspecting humans, I saw a couple humans, couple youkai - some I recognized, some I didn't - they looked important."
> You rattled off the ones you had seen before. "Red-white, blue-green, black-white, Suika as well. There were some others that I didn't recognize at all."

> The earth-spider youkai summarizes her knowledge of the incident, making a conclusion based on what you've found out.
> "Damn. If it's more than just the shrine maidens and the spark magician trying to resolve it, it must be pretty serious... The rest of what I know is that it's involving current hell in addition to the surface. Yuugi said it was something about beast spirits... You thinkin' the same thing I am? Kasha's probably headed that way too, if that last part's true..."

> Yamame proceeds to head towards the bridge that connects the caves with the Ancient City. You quickly follow behind her.
> At the bridge is... nobody. How strange... Parsee Mizuhashi would usually be camped out up here, looking for an excuse to be jealous... but she isn't there. Yamame looks a bit confused at this, but regardless, the two of you cross the lengthy bridge, eventually reaching the other side.

> The city is pretty quiet right now. Not many folks out and about.
> Looking around, Yuugi doesn't seem to be immediately apparent, but it shouldn't be too hard to find her... hopefully.
> The Komeiji mansion is visible in the distance. It's farther ahead, still quite the walk from here.

> There are paths going forward, as well as to the left and right.
> "Which way?" Yamame asks.

>_

--- End quote ---

> Before choosing,answer her you want to do a little flying-look-out first to avoid missing gout  good opportunities for the both of us,either by getting tangled into something else or by carelesness, for the both of us...

> ...keeping Yamame in sight,and without being conspicuous,fly above and make some flying-rounds to better discern what is along those 3 paths or next to them,especially if there is anything standing out or out of place or somesuch...

> ...while we are at it,take a gaze over the way we come from the outside of the Ancient city as well.

Branneg Xy:

--- Quote from: Branneg Xy on August 31, 2023, 05:57:19 PM ---> Before choosing,answer her you want to do a little flying-look-out first to avoid missing gout  good opportunities for the both of us,either by getting tangled into something else or by carelesness, for the both of us...

> ...keeping Yamame in sight,and without being conspicuous,fly above and make some flying-rounds to better discern what is along those 3 paths or next to them,especially if there is anything standing out or out of place or somesuch...

> ...while we are at it,take a gaze over the way we come from the outside of the Ancient city as well.

--- End quote ---

// Feel free to ask clarification or point out in order to correct thosd players's replies and action commands, mine in this case, whenever they pose an issue for parsing-replying Parser/GM's replies, etc.  //

kurzov:

--- Quote from: Branneg Xy on September 03, 2023, 06:56:18 PM ---// Feel free to ask clarification or point out in order to correct thosd players's replies and action commands, mine in this case, whenever they pose an issue for parsing-replying Parser/GM's replies, etc? //

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Kurzov, as Reply Parser/GM ---Oh, I will. (This reply came through when I was in the middle of writing the response.)
I interpreted the "flying lookout" as more of just an overhead lookout, to avoid unwanted attention.

As for the delay, I've just got things that get in my way that prevent me from reacting as quickly as the other two active RPG/forumquest threads. My apologies.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Branneg Xy on August 31, 2023, 05:57:19 PM ---> Before making a decision, tell Yamame that you would make a brief overhead lookout first.
> Keeping Yamame in your line of sight, and without being too conspicuous, float above and look ahead at each of the paths. Keep an eye out for anything unusual...
> ...and take a glance back at the bridge as well.

--- End quote ---

> "Wait here a moment, I'm going to float up and see if there's anything from above," you explained, Yamame barely having enough time to acknowledge you before you started to ascend.
> While a flying bucket would usually be fairly conspicuous, the general dark and dim nature of the Underground mostly counteracted this.

> Looking to the left, this part of the Ancient City was especially quiet. Perhaps it had something to do with the incident... The only exception was a burning building a bit further away. It seemed to have a group of oni - or at least figures that *looked* like oni from a distance - gathered around it watching.
> Ahead on the forward path was the city center. With specially decorated lanterns, regular festivals, bars, shops, stalls, and so on, it was very much the busiest part of the city. Again, the distant "shadow" of the Chireiden/Earth Spirit Palace loomed beyond.
> On the right were buildings overlooking what could be described as "Hell's River". While not an actual river, the canyon and its absurdly strong winds were a draw for the stronger oni.

> Looking back at the way Yamame and you entered from, it's still a barren bridge. There's no sign of Parsee. Thick fog prevents you from seeing the other end of the bridge. The bridge itself crosses a vast gorge that no other known method could successfully cross, the bridge itself being seemingly cursed in this manner.

> Afterward, you descend again, returning to Yamame.
> "Which'll it be?" the earth-spider youkai asks, waiting for your decision.

>_

Branneg Xy:

--- Quote from: kurzov on September 03, 2023, 07:14:30 PM ---
> "Wait here a moment, I'm going to float up and see if there's anything from above," you explained, Yamame barely having enough time to acknowledge you before you started to ascend.
> While a flying bucket would usually be fairly conspicuous, the general dark and dim nature of the Underground mostly counteracted this.

> Looking to the left, this part of the Ancient City was especially quiet. Perhaps it had something to do with the incident... The only exception was a burning building a bit further away. It seemed to have a group of oni - or at least figures that *looked* like oni from a distance - gathered around it watching.
> Ahead on the forward path was the city center. With specially decorated lanterns, regular festivals, bars, shops, stalls, and so on, it was very much the busiest part of the city. Again, the distant "shadow" of the Chireiden/Earth Spirit Palace loomed beyond.
> On the right were buildings overlooking what could be described as "Hell's River". While not an actual river, the canyon and its absurdly strong winds were a draw for the stronger oni.

> Looking back at the way Yamame and you entered from, it's still a barren bridge. There's no sign of Parsee. Thick fog prevents you from seeing the other end of the bridge. The bridge itself crosses a vast gorge that no other known method could successfully cross, the bridge itself being seemingly cursed in this manner.

> Afterward, you descend again, returning to Yamame.
> "Which'll it be?" the earth-spider youkai asks, waiting for your decision.

>_

--- End quote ---

> Answer Yamame, and proceed with  saying the Right Path and justifying that explaining because you have seen a particular scene of "a too quiet part of the Ancient City, a burning building, a group of oni, or seemingly so , standing around watching it..."..

>... all of that could be related both to the Current Incident and to,  since she is a major help in maintining enough peace in the Ancient City,  Yuugi.

kurzov:

--- Quote from: Kurzov, as GM ---Sorry for the extended delay. Was going to post it yesterday or the day before but was feeling very under-the-weather up until now.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Branneg Xy on September 03, 2023, 09:05:19 PM ---> Answer Yamame by picking the path on the right. The odd burning building is a bit suspicious... could it be related to Yuugi, or the Incident?

--- End quote ---

> KISUME: "...Off to the left I saw a burning building, and a group of... I assume they're oni, but they were gathered around the burning building, standing still."
> YAMAME: "Might be connected to the incident, though."
> KISUME: "It could be... but oni aren't exactly *easy* opponents, you know? If Yuugi's elsewhere, let's not get ourselves into a fight we can't win."
> YAMAME: "...hhhmmmmmm fair 'nough. Right path it is."

> Heading along the right-side path, the winds that travel in the "Hell's River" canyon intermittently echo back.
> Between the echoes, the noises of oblivious oni enjoying the canyon, and the generally ambient sounds of the city, the sounds of a call for help became audible.
> Soon, its speaker made a turn, revealing the source of the voice... it's YUUGI HOSHIGUMA...
> At the sight of you and Yamame, she begins briskly heading towards you.

> "Kusodani-san? Kisume!? What brings you two down here again? If it's about the incident..." Yuugi seems more surprised at your appearance than at Yamame's.

>_

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version