Author Topic: In Defiance Of Transience (Tenshi Quest)  (Read 14228 times)

Re: In Defiance Of Transience (Tenshi Quest)
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2024, 10:25:29 AM »
> Where are our manners? Introduce ourselves!
> "Tenshi Hinanawi, Eldest Daughter of the Hinanawi Clan."
> Complement miss Saigyouji "The concert sure was wonderful..."

>Yuyuko smiles. "Thank you for the compliment, but you should really be giving your praises to the Prismriver Sisters. I didn't even organise it, they did that themselves!"

> Adopt pensive expression "Though more solemn business brought me here, you could say it's a matter of life and death..."

>Yuyuko's expression becomes slightly more dour."Oh."

> Ensure we're out of earshot of Komachi before elaborating further "Earlier today we had a run in with two Shinigami claiming that my time here as a Celestial is nearly up.  We just barely managed to defeat them and learn that an order has been issued high up in the ministry to hunt me down.  No doubt more Shinigami will be sent, which brings me here asking for your house's assistance in training to fend them off for as long as possible."
> Glance back at our friends "C-can't bear the thought of leaving Shion and Shinmyoumaru alone..."

>"Hmm. Youmu, your thoughts?"
>"...I can do it. Although I am in training myself, I believe I still have some things to teach Tenshi."
>"I was thinking more about how the Celestial is prolonging the inevitable."
>"My Lady..."
>Yuyuko's face perks up. "But she has such a romantic and noble reason for doing so. I can't possibly deny her!"
>"Good to see we are on the same page."

>"I do have to ask you for a favour first."

>Oh boy, errands.
>"Usually I would be taking care of the Hakugyokurou's Garden at this time. Considering that you want your training as soon as possible as this is a matter of life and death, it would be in both our interests if you were to help me in the gardening.
>_?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 10:28:56 AM by WitheringFlowerCrown »

« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2024, 02:40:41 PM »
> "I would have never believed that a celestial such as myself would have to do gardening but this is situation of life and death....Alright, I'll do it. First let me go tell my friends first, where should we meet up? Do I need any gardening equipment?"

> It's kind of suspicious that Yuyuko would help us evade the Ministry of Right and Wrong considering she's in charge of the Netherworld.

Tom

« Reply #152 on: April 26, 2024, 05:53:20 AM »
> Thank miss Saigyouji and Youmu for offering their assistance at a dark time for a Celestial.

« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2024, 05:02:47 AM »
> "I would have never believed that a celestial such as myself would have to do gardening but this is situation of life and death....Alright, I'll do it. First let me go tell my friends first, where should we meet up? Do I need any gardening equipment?"

> It's kind of suspicious that Yuyuko would help us evade the Ministry of Right and Wrong considering she's in charge of the Netherworld.

>"No, you don't need to get any of your own equipment, because we keep plenty of our own. I'm sorry that this kind of work may seem degrading to you but in I usually do it in this window of time, so I can't shirk it, and the sooner it gets done, the sooner I can train you." She seems genuinely remorseful at that last sentence.
>"And we will meet up at the entrance of Hakugyokurou, up those stairs." She points to the endless-looking stairs that you saw when entering the Netherworld.
>You're going to have to climb those stairs?!
>"Good luck on your gardening! Hmm, maybe I should join in? It seems fun!"
>Taking care of an entire garden's worth of land seems fun to her? Though you've never tended to a garden before so what do you know, it might be fun.

>It is indeed suspicious that Yuyuko would help you in this circumstance considering that she should in all likeliness be on The Ministry's side. You do know that she's much more clever than she presents herself. So she likely knows something that you don't and is hiding it from you. Getting her to spill that information is probably going to be more effort than it's worth however.

> Thank miss Saigyouji and Youmu for offering their assistance at a dark time for a Celestial.

>Youmu smiles, albeit in slight embarassment. "Oh no, the pleasure is ours. Besides, I've heard that teaching things to beginners can be a good way of testing you have a good grasp on the fundamental aspects and concepts of an art."
>Your hand twitches a bit at you being called a beginner, but you understand where your swordsmanship stands in comparison to her's.
>"Everyone goes through dark times eventually, Celestial. We can only hope to alleviate some of the pain that comes with it through our help."
>_?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 10:22:34 AM by WitheringFlowerCrown »

Tom

« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2024, 10:59:16 AM »
// Saigyouji can probably tell more about Tenshi then she knows about herself (or is willing to admit to herself)
> Nod and follow Youmu, glancing back to see if miss Saigyouji will follow along.
> Would now be a good time to let our friends know we'll be out helping Youmu?  If so step over to where they're waiting and explain.

« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2024, 02:50:03 PM »
//We'll have to try to find a way to let Yuyuko tell us some information. Maybe a few bottles of alcohol might help our case but I'm not sure if Yuyuko, a ghost, can even get drunk.
> How good are we at drinking?

« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2024, 10:44:33 PM »
// Saigyouji can probably tell more about Tenshi then she knows about herself (or is willing to admit to herself)
> Nod and follow Youmu, glancing back to see if miss Saigyouji will follow along.
> Would now be a good time to let our friends know we'll be out helping Youmu?  If so step over to where they're waiting and explain.

>Yes, this would be a good time to tell your friends about your impromptu errands.
>You go over to Shion and Shinmyoumaru while they're having a conversation.
>"...And there was a Dream version of Tenshi?"
>"Yes, she was probably the most terrifying to see and listen to. But... the experience really allowed me see into the hearts of others."
>"Oh hey, the real one is right there!"

>You tell Shion and Shinmyoumaru about the gardening you are soon going to do.
>Shinmyoumaru raises her brow in confusion. "Gardening? Didn't expect that, but we'll keep watch on the bottom of these stairs then. If any threats are coming after you they most likely have to go up the stairs."
>"It's also because she doesn't want to climb the stairs."
>"Shion! Shush!"

>You then leave and start your ascent of the staircase with Youmu. You really hope this will at least feel shorter than it is.
>You look behind you and see Yuyuko also following behind you both.

//We'll have to try to find a way to let Yuyuko tell us some information. Maybe a few bottles of alcohol might help our case but I'm not sure if Yuyuko, a ghost, can even get drunk.
> How good are we at drinking?

>You're pretty good at resisting drunkeness, that's for sure. When you were still Chiko (you don't like recalling these memories) you were often given alcohol, but only as a medicinal tonic and not for recreation. When you became Tenshi though, you quickly gained a rebellious streak and whenever you're invited to a party (this is extremely rare, unfortunately) you can outdrink several Youkai. You haven't tried against an Oni yet, Suika might be up for a challenge...
>Though you're unsure if your currently slightly weakened state might effect your usual resilience.
>_?

« Reply #157 on: April 29, 2024, 01:25:56 AM »
> I guess we'll have to actually climb the stairs.
> Head over to the stairs and begin our ascent and keep an eye on Yuyuko.

Tom

« Reply #158 on: Yesterday at 01:13:51 AM »
> Float is the more refined way to ascend for a Celeastial, climbing is for peasants!

« Reply #159 on: Yesterday at 05:33:35 PM »
> I guess we'll have to actually climb the stairs.
> Head over to the stairs and begin our ascent and keep an eye on Yuyuko.

>You head over to climb the stairs but you realise...

> Float is the more refined way to ascend for a Celeastial, climbing is for peasants!

>Of course! What were you thinking?! Climbing, pfah!
>You go over to the stairs and summon a Keystone from right under you to ride. "Was that always there?"
>While rising up the stairs, you look behind you to keep an eye on Yuyuko. But you don't see her behind-
"Hi!" Bwah!
>She was right next to you on the Keystone! How did she sneak into hugging distance of you?!
"Does every member of the Hinanawi Family travel like this? This is pretty fun and relaxing!"

>You decide to look away from the disturbingly friendly and free-spirited... Spirit, by looking forward.
>Youmu, despite running and not flying, is somehow faster than you and is travelling at an inhuman pace.
>_?

« Reply #160 on: Yesterday at 07:09:54 PM »
> "They are pretty fun. These keystones are practically an all in one tool."
> Pick up the up the pace with our floating so we can catch up with Youmu.

Tom

« Reply #161 on: Yesterday at 11:41:01 PM »
> Tease Yuyuko "Get used to this, and it'll be hard to go back to walking!"

> When picking up the pace double check that miss Saigyouji hasn't been left behind!  For all we know she could just be pretending to ride on the keystone by floating above it with the same speed, being a ghost and all she might just phase through it otherwise.