Author Topic: An Out of Context Incident  (Read 85478 times)

Re: An Out of Context Incident
« Reply #240 on: September 25, 2022, 09:01:50 AM »
>Reimu lets out a sigh before scratching the back of her neck, "What a bother."
->"The only mirror I can think of is the Kuiru Mirror, but that supposedly lead to another world or changed a person's personality."

>"You're still a fae, what's the issue?" Reimu stands up and pulls a small gohei from her sleeve. "If you want to go to the outside world I can open the barrier for you."

OkuuFallout

• Master of Molecul- I mean atoms. Master of Atoms
    • Twitter
    • 東方偽現実 〜 Cruelty of Verisimilar Existence - An in-progress Yukari fanfiction
« Reply #241 on: September 26, 2022, 02:23:56 PM »
>"Well, this mirror led me to this world, which is different from what I am used to."

>"There are a few issues that come up with me going back to the Outside World. First, I will probably arrive in Japan rather than where I come from. Second, I will have no idea what year I will arrive in, since I likely come from a further point in time than now. Third, I wish to have my original body back. Finally, I feel that the only way to set things right would be to confront Kagerou and question her based on my situation."

>"Basically, I need to solve this mystery before going back, if I still can in the first place."

« Reply #242 on: September 26, 2022, 08:06:40 PM »
Reimu nods, "A lot of outsiders say that about Gensokyo, and yeah you'd wind up in Japan."

Marisa chuckles, "I've met a few outsiders that thought they went back in time.  Time moves about the same rate in here and out there. I think it was 2015 A.D. outside." Reimu raises an eyebrow at Marisa. "Some of Patchouli's books require converting the dates."

"Fine, just don't get in my way," Reimu half-heartedly says.

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #243 on: September 26, 2022, 09:11:01 PM »
>"...So I went back in time by about 250 years... This mirror may be more powerful than I thought. If that's the case, then we're likely dealing with something beyond our current understanding."
->"You know, if this mirror is really that powerful, wouldn't it disturb this world? If so, then I would expect the Hakurei Shrine Maiden to do something about it, or at least someone that protects Gensokyo."

« Reply #244 on: September 28, 2022, 08:42:51 PM »
>Girls looks at you with sparkling eyes

>"Dohumansliveforeverwhatsthefuturelikewhatsgensokyo. . ." Marisa asks before getting smacked by a gohei.

>"Later, Marisa," Reimu turns to you. "Yeah, I get it.  I'll investigate."  The shrine maiden floats up and the air and begins to fly the direction you came.

>Marisa frowns, "Reimu's the best youkai exterminator in Gensokyo.  With her intuition she'll solve the incident, just a question of when so don't worry."

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #245 on: September 28, 2022, 11:24:32 PM »
>"Well, I still feel uneasy, but I will leave this to her for now."

>Chuckle a little. "You want to know what the future's like, do you now? Well, we seem to have time to spare, so ask away."

« Reply #246 on: September 29, 2022, 12:47:35 AM »
>"Do humans no longer age?  How did you survive in the outside world for so long? Do they actually have radio towers as tall as mountains?"
->Marisa taps her chin, "Humans still don't believe in youkai, right?"

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #247 on: September 29, 2022, 03:52:22 PM »
>Do humans no longer age in our time?
->She has a point. How did we survive for ~200 years after the Great Revival?

>"I'd have to think about that first question, but I can answer the others."
->"I also don't quite remember how I survived for around 200 years, I'll explain something after I answer the next questions.

>"Yes, probably even at this time, there are radio towers that are as tall as at least small mountains, but in my time they are quite tall."
->"Almost every human in my time doesn't believe in anything involving magic or anything supernatural. They only believe in their own technology. As a result, they have almost certainly stopped believing in youkai for many, many years.

>"Now, I need to provide some backstory. I have died before. I once was a fae serving a fae noble as a maid, hence my familiarity with the Scarlet Devil Mansion fairy operations. Before I tell you how I died, I need to let you know that the metal known as iron is very toxic to me. If I even touch it, I will lose my magic temporarily. With longer exposure, it could even kill me.
->"I was killed in 1603 A.D. when a human stabbed me with an iron sword. I never found out why he killed me. But, after I had died, I was suddenly alive again."

>"In about 40-50 years from now, an event called the Great Revival will happen. This event revived countless lives, named and unnamed. I have no idea what caused it, all I knew was that I was alive again."

>"Are you with me so far?"

« Reply #248 on: September 29, 2022, 07:18:26 PM »
>The humans you've interacted with have said they don't age and they didn't seem to age in the decades you knew them and their descendants.
->Mostly you took human supplies when it suited you, traded with humans and youkai after you got interested in technology, and generally avoided dangerous youkai.

Marisa nods, "I'll hit up Komachi later."
->"Right, you wouldn't know her.  She's a lazy shinigami."

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #249 on: September 30, 2022, 01:41:28 PM »
>Wait, so there's youkai in Europe?

>"Ah, I remember now. Yes, as far as I could tell, humans don't seem to age in the future. That doesn't mean they're immortal though, it just means they don't die from natural causes."

>"I pretty much survived by interacting with humans and youkai only when I needed to or felt like it, and I avoided the more dangerous youkai."
->"Actually, now that I think about it, if it wasn't for the mirror, I would've been killed again. I'd have to thank Kagerou for that, at least."

>"Wait, when you say 'a shinigami', do you mean that she's like the Grim Reaper, and that there's more than one of them? And does she wield a scythe?"

« Reply #250 on: September 30, 2022, 08:30:21 PM »
>There are a lot of youkai Europe.  You've been to various youkai villages.
->The Great Revival brought back numerous Youkai and humans.

>"Bit surprised about there being human supremacist"

>"Yeah, she's got red hair in pig tails.  There's supposed to be a lot more of them."

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #251 on: October 04, 2022, 04:02:17 PM »
>"As far as I know, Gensokyo is a very unusual but important place for youkai, as they can live side-by-side with humans here. Out there though, humans are a lot more snobbish and violent, thinking they are the superior species and that all others are inferior, which even you, as a human yourself, could probably admit that that is not true."

>"So I assume that the Great Revival will be catastrophic to not only the shinigami, but perhaps even Gensokyo itself?"

« Reply #252 on: October 05, 2022, 08:10:08 PM »
>Marisa snorts at your comment. "That actually sounds like the youkai here."

>"It sounds like the shinigami all took a break at the same time.  Still probably something I should look into later."
->"Actually how did you not fade after coming back? Yukari said that most youkai can't survive in the outside world anymore."

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #253 on: October 07, 2022, 03:37:53 PM »
>"No offense, but on the physical level, humans are generally weaker than us fairies and youkai. But what they lack in physical ability, they have the brains and technology to overpower most of us."
>>"Not all of the humans from my time are like what I described, though. There are quite a few that are very kind towards us, despite not being obligated to."

>"I'm not quite sure what you mean. Why would I fade? I just exist, the same as humans do. Is there something I don't know?"

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #254 on: December 09, 2022, 05:20:56 PM »
>*Noticing their silence, we look up at the sky and say, "Excuse me, Mr. Phil, I understand you haven't responded in a while, but when you see this, could you perhaps stop this awkward silence? Thank you in advance."

*This is not a canon response, obviously.