Author Topic: PoFV bugfix patch  (Read 7864 times)

Wobuffet3

• wew
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
PoFV bugfix patch
« on: January 05, 2021, 04:17:13 PM »
Hello! I've come across a problem in Phantasmagoria of Flower View, where the game will crash upon entering Eiki's stage if you're playing as alt-color Lyrica in story mode, and it will give you this message: error: pl06b_fc_s. anm is not found in arcfile. It's due to ZUN forgetting to put in a file in the .dat archive, the one that contains Merlin and Lunasa's alt color portraits for their dialogue.
I've made a patch to prevent this crash. Simply make a backup of your th09.dat, and replace it with this one. Since there are no other changes, you can use it freely with whichever language patch you like, except the old static English one. OR you can use Tom's patcher, which you can use with any .dat, in the next reply. Enjoy!
https://mega.nz/file/7JtSARpT#WwOLqzipTNHiERZWhGtuTe2s3rlNbBlqo-uGj6nBzhA
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 04:21:26 AM by Wobuffet3 »

Tom

Re: PoFV bugfix patch
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 11:41:43 PM »
Nice find!

Instead of distributing a prepatched dat file complicating it's use with other patches I've made a script that'll add it into any .dat file.  This also works with the static english patch!
Simply place th09.dat or th09e.dat next to PATCH.DAT and run the script.  The resulting th09p.dat will now have the missing file (and any other files added to the MOD/ folder)!

The script can be found within the attached zip folder.

Wobuffet3

• wew
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: PoFV bugfix patch
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 05:45:46 AM »
Wow, that's even better! Good job!