~Bunbunmaru News~ > Front Page Headlines
Touhou 19: 東方獣王園 〜 Unfinished Dream of All Living Ghost (Full release!)
<< < (14/14)
nintendonut888:
Interesting note from the most recent Touhou radio interview: ZUN acknowledged the bugs and errors (presumably referring to stuff like Sanae's theme being misnamed) and that he will probably fix the most concerning ones. While he did not comment on Chiyari (other than saying that her EX attacks being unbombable was intended), he noted that Tsukasa of all characters is intended to be stronger, and her weakness was the result of a bug. This implies that when/if he releases a new version there may be a balance patch of sorts.

As for me, I finished playing through all the scenarios on lunatic. I managed a lunatic 1cc for Reimu, Marisa, Ran, Yuuma, Enoko, Chiyari and Suika, and would most definitely be able to get Zanmu if I tried seriously. Other than Chiyari clearly being broken and terribly unfun to fight, I was quite happy with how this game came out. It's messy, it's unbalanced, and yet it's the first time I've truly enjoyed a phantasmagoria. The story was unexpectedly dense and twisty with a lot of new character details, and the new music was fantastic as always. Overall, another great game, though part of me is sad we have to wait two more years for another orthodox entry.

Edit: To live up to my own words, went ahead and got the Zanmu lunatic 1cc. It's funny because her scenario is her absolutely plowing through the first four bosses, having a fairly easy time with stage 5, and then having what is probably the hardest final boss in the entire game. I'm glad Reimu finally has a good final boss showing again, it's been a long time.
williewillus:
Maybe the reason why he didn't include replays in this game was to leave himself an opportunity to make balance changes. He's stated in the past he usually doesn't do balance patches because it would affect replays, so with that out of the way he can pretty much do whatever he wants balance wise.
shockdude:
Cleared all the Touhou 19 stories on Normal, great game. I enjoyed figuring out the strategy for the characters' unique shot types and charge abilities, which made even the weaker characters fun to use. The ability cards buffing your character is a cool feature that helps to offset the difficulty of the late-stage spellcards.

After clearing the story, I went for the no-life-loss achievement, thinking it was actually a no-hit achievement (it's actually bugged and not unlockable at all).
Reimu is incredibly OP in her story mode. Her charge level 2 clears bullets and deletes bosses in seconds (often before they even fire a bullet) while costing very little charge.
The no-hit normal run took an hour and a half. Afterwards, jumped straight to Lunatic and immediately pulled off a 1cc by deleting all the bosses lol.
Navigation
Message Index
Previous page

Go to full version