~Bunbunmaru News~ > Front Page Headlines
Touhou 19: 東方獣王園 〜 Unfinished Dream of All Living Ghost (Full release!)
<< < (2/14) > >>
Branneg Xy:
Touhou Wiki(under construction) article & entry about https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Unfinished_Dream_of_All_Living_Ghost .
EDIT :  I have read  the  translation of (the displayed screenshot on the opening topic by our administrator Karisa)  Marisa's Title  " Strongest Magician of the Primates / Primate Magician " = monkey.
williewillus:
Why are the notches in the charge meters in the screenshots unordered?

I see some of the screenshots where Lv.5 is on a notch that is to the left Lv.4. Seems weird. Maybe each individual level attack has it's own "use it more and it levels" up system, similar to the bottom left number in PoFV?
agarpac:

--- Quote from: Suspicious person on April 18, 2023, 02:52:53 PM ---NEW REIMU BOSS SPRITE

--- End quote ---

well we also get to see aunn's new boss sprite (or atleast id believe it to be. it should be different from th16)
so cute. i love aunn

like this is legit beautiful yet intriguing stuff, since it's proper pixel art unlike ZUN's usual ones. now i'm not sure about this, but maybe ZUN has graphic helper from other artist like alphes in PoFV; and probably also worked on new playable character's player sprites while at it (i think nazrin has more visible sprite on that screenshoot too and does look like proper pixel art).

PoFV is the first and was only main th that has help from other artist,
Spoiler: and as result looking very nice (one of my favorites for portrait art style overall, while there is no evidence that ZUN worked with alphes with that one or atleast not that i aware of, i assume ZUN only worked on drawing/lineart since it looks like his but has help on shadings from alphes)
it should be topic for another day, but i want to mention this one out since th9 looks... too nice? (sorry zun lol) and also has good ingame sprites that he would use for future titles yet we never saw new sprites with that kind of style (i mean boss sprite) ever again after th9.Well until now with this i guess, and both are vs shmup which is definitely not coincidence. This game needs more art content than usual th (?) so i can see why he enlist others.
and yes, i do love this direction if that's the case.

in any case, finally we have more vs touhou yay! sadly not using 18th number as it would fit with PoFV's 9th.
williewillus:

--- Quote from: agarpac on May 02, 2023, 03:03:34 PM ---like this is legit beautiful yet intriguing stuff, since it's proper pixel art unlike ZUN's usual ones. now i'm not sure about this, but maybe ZUN has graphic helper from other artist like alphes in PoFV; and probably also worked on new playable character's player sprites while at it (i think nazrin has more visible sprite on that screenshoot too and does look like proper pixel art).

PoFV is the first and was only main th that has help from other artist,

--- End quote ---

That last sentence isn't really correct, Ki-san (ZUN's wife) drew the ability cards used in 18 and 18.5. So it's probably her that's helping him out again. Sprite work might be her specialty.
agarpac:

--- Quote from: williewillus on May 02, 2023, 04:14:06 PM ---That last sentence isn't really correct, Ki-san (ZUN's wife) drew the ability cards used in 18 and 18.5. So it's probably her that's helping him out again. Sprite work might be her specialty.

--- End quote ---

i... just knew this wth. is this confirmed? that is sweet, did not know those ability cards are her doing. but like isn't that basically part of shanghai alice then? (lol)
tho i'd say card ability isn't pixel art, so does she have pixiv or twitter or other site to put her works in? now i;m super curious
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version