~Hakurei Shrine~ > Touhou Addict Recovery Center

What is the age rating of Touhou? (ONLY OFFICIAL GAMES.)

<< < (2/3) > >>

SeroVich:
I am a serious boy! :cirnotan:

But for real, thanks for the help.

williewillus:

--- Quote from: nintendonut888 on August 26, 2023, 08:59:48 AM ---But really, what does it matter what rating the series would get? Touhou has always operated on its own terms, and ZUN simply makes what he wants - it just happens that what he makes is something that you would generally feel comfortable showing to a child.

--- End quote ---

I heard there was actually some minor drama this last Reitaisai from fans that are parents(?!) that brought their kids and the R18 material was not separated enough from the usual stuff.
So even though ZUN and the fandom usually don't care too much, that might be shifting.

SeroVich:

--- Quote from: williewillus on August 29, 2023, 05:01:00 AM ---I heard there was actually some minor drama this last Reitaisai from fans that are parents(?!) that brought their kids and the R18 material was not separated enough from the usual stuff.

--- End quote ---

💀💀 Oh my goodness...

SeroVich:

--- Quote from: nintendonut888 on August 26, 2023, 08:59:48 AM ---I have to wonder if you're being serious. Urumi's outfit is basically just a bathing suit with a coat - not even a particularly revealing one.

--- End quote ---

Yeeeah, I looked at her official portrait in Touhou Wiki, I was bamboozled of how worried I was. I still don't like it, but damn... That WAS idiotic fear. lol

Branneg Xy:

--- Quote from: williewillus on August 29, 2023, 05:01:00 AM ---I heard there was actually some minor drama this last Reitaisai from fans that are parents(?!) that brought their kids and the R18 material was not separated enough from the usual stuff.
So even though ZUN and the fandom usually don't care too much, that might be shifting.

--- End quote ---
Certainly....  the*sigh* R-18 and Adult *sigh*be Touhou or beyond, Reitaisai or beyond, ought to always already be within, or appealed to be encompassed and encompassed, a "a separated and exclusive,   or more separated and exclusive, area plus access/exit with definitely clear and helpful. warnings+explanations+checking...

--- Quote from: nintendonut888 on August 21, 2023, 11:43:27 PM ---The few games that have been released officially on consoles have been rated T, due to various things like the depiction of alcohol and smoking, and having the final boss fight literally take place in the middle of a giant lake of flaming blood. In general though I think Touhou is pretty family friendly, if not necessarily geared towards children. It's nothing that kids weren't raised on in the 90s and 2000s, and with a few minor exceptions the series is as chaste as it comes with fanservice. About the only thing I think people might find objectionable is the strong implication that Reimu and Marisa were underage drinkers in the older games, but that's something you just have to take or leave.

--- End quote ---

Based on  https://www.esrb.org/ratings-guide/,  and equivalent rating guides ones it would depend about "the Touhou refefences and depictions, about the Usage& Drinking of Alchohol  Smoking, degrees about their occasionality"...
... Strictly Rating. Guides & Tags  thy would vary between"E(all ages and completely family friendly) E10+(mature small kids and with partial supervision by mature&responsible 18+/adults) T(maturie teenagers without supervision but not allowed beloe)...
In practice and in reality and with wieving analyses?Mostly E7+, partly E10+, minor T ;. the E and E10+ proportions  may and have varied but" the T is Stable as a Minor one".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version