~Hakurei Shrine~ > Touhou Addict Recovery Center
Stage themes you're really enjoying at the moment?
<< < (2/4) > >>
Ka Takane:
Right now I'm enjoying Silk Road Alice. It's technically not Touhou, yeah, but it's the extra stage theme of Seihou 1, whose extra takes place in Gensokyo.

I really like this theme. It perfectly conveys the first impression of Gensokyo to a Western outsider (which VIVIT is). Calm yet dangerous.

What's with ZUN's early obsession with "Alice" in the theme title btw lol :meiling:
nav:
I missed the "stage themes" part of the thread title, hurr durr. In this case I have to go with The Young Descendant of Tepes. Simple melody but so very earwormy.
CyberAngel:

--- Quote from: Ka Takane on August 19, 2023, 12:25:40 PM ---What's with ZUN's early obsession with "Alice" in the theme title btw lol :meiling:

--- End quote ---

He likes western literature, having plenty of Agatha Christie references too.
williewillus:
Alice in Wonderland is a hugely popular piece of Western literature in Japan, so a lot of that has seeped into Touhou as well. The word Alice is everywhere, even in places unrelated to the Touhou character. For example, Shanghai Alice of Meiji 17, or the name Team Shanghai Alice itself.
Popcioslav:
UM's stage 4 is probably in my Top 5 Touhou songs so I'm enjoying it in every moment I get a chance to listen to it  :cirnotan:

Serious answer: Literally any Ten Desires' stage theme since I've listened to it today on a trip several times. Stage 1 is this awesome piano that feels melancholic, yet powerful. Stage 2 due to confusing time signature and upbeat feeling afterwards. Stage 3 just sounds bouncy yet nostalgic to me. Everyone knows why Stage 4-5 themes are good already I feel. However Starry Sky of (i forgot) Desires is also a masterpiece of bass and atmosphere and I feel it's truly underrated. I like when ZUN does the "Final stage and boss share melody" from time to time, but there's a reason this song, Fires of Hokkai or Voyage is just far, far superior to me.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version