~Hakurei Shrine~ > Touhou Addict Recovery Center
Stage themes you're really enjoying at the moment?
<< < (4/4)
degradingwindow:
Call me basic, but I'm really enjoying Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World (IN 3rd stage theme).
I can't stop myself from humming it.
moons1de_:

--- Quote from: degradingwindow on October 16, 2023, 02:47:54 PM ---Call me basic, but I'm really enjoying Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World (IN 1st stage theme).
I can't stop myself from humming it.

--- End quote ---
Nostalgic Blood of the East is such a great stage theme, it has such a simple structure and melody but because of that, it's such a unique Touhou song compared to the fast and oriental sound of the rest of the soundtrack. The climax of the song also really makes it for me as it's it's just so... dramatic... yet soft sounding.
degradingwindow:

--- Quote from: moons1de_ on October 16, 2023, 10:23:29 PM ---Nostalgic Blood of the East is such a great stage theme, it has such a simple structure and melody but because of that, it's such a unique Touhou song compared to the fast and oriental sound of the rest of the soundtrack. The climax of the song also really makes it for me as it's it's just so... dramatic... yet soft sounding.

--- End quote ---
People always talk about how ZUNpets always sound good but I never see them talk about his piano centric songs(I guess they're a ZUNpiano?, a ZUNiano?).

Some of the ones that come to mind for me ads for example Septette for the Dead Princess(Remilia theme) and Song of the Night Bird(IN Stage 2 theme)

The piano really works well for a more mysterious and mystical vibe to the song which is why I really like the stage themes from IN that implement the piano really well and gives the song a mysterious feeling which fits well with IN which takes place during night time a rather mysterious time of day.

moons1de_:

--- Quote from: degradingwindow on October 17, 2023, 01:03:15 AM ---People always talk about how ZUNpets always sound good but I never see them talk about his piano centric songs(I guess they're a ZUNpiano?, a ZUNiano?).

Some of the ones that come to mind for me ads for example Septette for the Dead Princess(Remilia theme) and Song of the Night Bird(IN Stage 2 theme)

The piano really works well for a more mysterious and mystical vibe to the song which is why I really like the stage themes from IN that implement the piano really well and gives the song a mysterious feeling which fits well with IN which takes place during night time a rather mysterious time of day.

--- End quote ---
I feel like the piano in ZUN's songs are really overshadowed in popularity by the ZUNpet and possibly sometimes the drums (I mean, the drum patterns are literally insane I don't know how he does it so well), it really deserves more acknowledgement as it really builds the melody.

I would say Septette for the Dead Princess is more of a mixture of piano-focused and typical EoSD sounding segments, although it's ironic for me to say that seeing as I know pretty much all of it on piano. While for Song of the Night Bird, I wouldn't personally think of it as a more piano centric song but it does have a good melody when it does kick in.

I love EoSD's soundtrack and the songs that have a good use of piano in them a lot, as it's just pitched down enough to make it seem weirdly nostalgic. But IN is like the climax of the 1st Windows Generation's soundtracks. It has just enough uniqueness to have it's own feel but it also has some themes reminiscent of EoSD or PCB. I don't know, I think I overexplain Touhou music sometimes...  :meiling:
degradingwindow:

--- Quote from: moons1de_ on October 17, 2023, 11:49:49 PM ---I feel like the piano in ZUN's songs are really overshadowed in popularity by the ZUNpet and possibly sometimes the drums (I mean, the drum patterns are literally insane I don't know how he does it so well), it really deserves more acknowledgement as it really builds the melody.

I would say Septette for the Dead Princess is more of a mixture of piano-focused and typical EoSD sounding segments, although it's ironic for me to say that seeing as I know pretty much all of it on piano. While for Song of the Night Bird, I wouldn't personally think of it as a more piano centric song but it does have a good melody when it does kick in.

I love EoSD's soundtrack and the songs that have a good use of piano in them a lot, as it's just pitched down enough to make it seem weirdly nostalgic. But IN is like the climax of the 1st Windows Generation's soundtracks. It has just enough uniqueness to have it's own feel but it also has some themes reminiscent of EoSD or PCB. I don't know, I think I overexplain Touhou music sometimes...  :meiling:

--- End quote ---
Touhou songs are hard to explain in words. Imagine trying to explain to someone why Septette for a Dead Princess has "loli-tastic" vibes.
Navigation
Message Index
Previous page

Go to full version