~Hakurei Shrine~ > Help Me, Eirin!

Labyrinth of Touhou 19F

<< < (3/59) > >>

deice:
with this and the skill tree, there looks to be a lot more customization available, which is always a good thing. while i liked lot2's systems, imo lots of characters didn't really have too much choices you could take with building them, so i'm really looking forward to seeing how far all this goes, especially if we get another system like the greater awk jewels (hopefully earlier in the game this time around).

on an unrelated note, i'd like to report a strange thing i found on the technical side of things in lot2. winner on 28f naturally caps out at 200 kills i.e. level 41k. despite this, the value that stores the amount of kills uses two bytes instead of one, therefore setting the amount of kills to the maximum possible leaves his level at around 13 million. but if the game is restarted, the amount of kills (for whatever reason) goes to 255 i.e. level 52k. then, killing him again sets it back down to 200, where it remains capped and no longer naturally scales.  i don't know if this has any use, i've tried performing similar tests in infinity corridor, but the game isn't letting me modify the floor i'm at anymore (it just sets it back to whatever floor i'm actually at), but if anyone else could provide insight on this, i'd be thankful.

Thurler:
I didn't know Winner had a natural cap in this game, that's very neat, makes reaching the victory cap on him a "feasible" goal like in LoT1 with the 255 cap. Not that I think anyone would bother grinding to level 40k. A similar cap is used for special items (all items? I really can't remember), where the game uses 2 bytes to store how many you have, but naturally caps at 200.

However with items, the game just sets the value to 0 instead of reducing to the 200 cap, which makes resetting via Tome of Reincarnation very annoying later on since you'll easily get 200 gems from B11F grinding, only to go over the 200 cap when reincarnating someone. The game actually registers you have over 200 gems, counting all the way to 65535 normally, but the moment you save, quit and load, you get 0 gems for some reason, the game probably assumes there's no way to go over 200 so it assumes you cheated? :p

--- Quote from: deice on March 02, 2020, 08:46:33 PM ---i've tried performing similar tests in infinity corridor, but the game isn't letting me modify the floor i'm at anymore (it just sets it back to whatever floor i'm actually at), but if anyone else could provide insight on this, i'd be thankful.

--- End quote ---

The best way to edit your current IC floor is via save file hacking. With a hex editor, you can edit the PEX01.ngd file, at offset 0xAE you'll find a 4-byte value corresponding to the current floor. Note this is a signed integer, so values over 0x7FFFFFFF will lead to negative floor numbers, that surprisingly work normally until you encounter an enemy, leading to a game crash. Even if you get past the enemies and reach a boss floor, the game also crashes when trying to load the boss.

As far as IC floor hacking goes, 3peso actually forgot to apply the level cap on enemies, even though other stats are properly capped (i.e. HP caps at 10 quadrillion, but level does not cap at 10 million), which leads to some very funky overflow issues when the level gets absurdly high. The last "honest" boss fight is at floor 2,898,480 with a Shadow Shou, with a level under 10 million. From then on bosses inflate their levels normally, making every stat get near its cap until it overflows. So long as the calculated stat is lower than 2^64, the stat cap is properly applied (may be 2^63, not sure if it uses signed or unsigned integers), but if it overflows then it will go back to very small amounts you would see in 1-5F bosses. By this point the corridor becomes a big mess with difficulty, with random crashes happening on random encounters with what I assume are overflow issues caused by the absent level cap.

By the time the boss level goes over 0x7FFFFFFF into the negative values, by floor 622,458,970, random enemies always crash the game thanks to the overflow issues, and boss stats will be all over the place. Surprisingly, if you manage to not reach any encounters, everything actually works normally, you can progress through IC still. That is until floor 1,244,917,990, where the game tries to load a Shadow Kasen with level 0xFFFFFFFF, aka -1. The game goes into what I assume is an endless loop trying to compute her stats, and crashes, making that floor the lowest theoretical floor you can go without manually hacking your save file. If you do that the last boss becomes a Shadow Cirno on floor 2,147,483,640, before the floor count goes into the negative values, leading to game crashes on any fights, including bosses.

TheWeirdOtaku:
Finally managed to beat floor 28's boss that let's you progress further up, next goal is the Infinite Corridor 100f boss, I just lack a way to deal with the Space Time Compression move.

Gobbles:
That fight was pretty hard I remember.
Space Time Compression should be void element. So Komachi who has void resist may be pretty good. If I remember correctly you need like 200 death resist to survive the instant death attack the boss does, which Komachi can also get. Mokou would be good for similar reasons.
I forgot if  Space Time Compression was time based or percentage based.

LonelyGaruga:
100f Corridor boss uses several moves based on its current HP. Rough estimates are

90%: Spirit Decomposition
80%: Space-Time Warp > Disintegrating Breath
75%: Great Calamity
60%: Spirit Decomposition
50%: Great Destruction
40%: Space-Time Warp > Disintegrating Breath
30%: Spirit Decomposition
25%: Great Calamity
10%: Spirit Decomposition

These attacks are done in order, none of them get skipped or take priority over another. So by keeping the damage up all of the boss' actions past the first one will always be the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version