~Hakurei Shrine~ > Touhou Addict Recovery Center

How is the Touhou community in your area, or country?

<< < (2/4) > >>

High-Tension Yuuritsu:
I'm fairly envious of our close neighbor Malaysia, they even had a Touhou booth in a recent event which sells local Touhou doujinshis and such
:<

bigyihsuan:

--- Quote from: williewillus on September 10, 2023, 05:22:43 PM ---In the US, sizeable community but everyone is scattered around so it's hard to find people that are near you. Touhoufest last year was really fun since I actually got to verify that other Touhou fans exist with my own eyes :P

--- End quote ---

As an East Coaster, if they ever do TouhouFest (or something like it) in NYC I'd definitely go

williewillus:

--- Quote from: bigyihsuan on September 15, 2023, 03:54:56 PM ---As an East Coaster, if they ever do TouhouFest (or something like it) in NYC I'd definitely go

--- End quote ---

I don't think there's any plans for now which is a shame. Would love to see it alternate between east/west coast and/or midwest. I know it's hard since most of the staff is located near LA (having people at the site is crucial to running a good con).

Maybe they could find people they trust in the respective regions to form their own committees for Touhoufest Central/West/South or whatever. But that's a long ways off.

InvFish:

--- Quote from: williewillus on September 10, 2023, 05:22:43 PM ---In the US, sizeable community but everyone is scattered around so it's hard to find people that are near you. Touhoufest last year was really fun since I actually got to verify that other Touhou fans exist with my own eyes :P

I'm really jealous of China and Japan having lots of Touhou-only events all across the country on a regular basis.

--- End quote ---
I'm also curious what Touhou communities look like and how Touhou players gather together in countries apart from China and Japan. There is many Touhou-only events in China, but I haven't even experienced one yet since I'm not a deep Touhou fan. Actually I just watch Touhou videos and read mangas on websites like bilibili( a chinese video site like yt or niconico ), pixiv, and sometimes surf other Touhou-related websites like thwiki. Is there any way to gather together or get connected with other touhou fans in your country?

williewillus:

--- Quote from: InvFish on September 18, 2023, 03:59:00 PM ---Is there any way to gather together or get connected with other touhou fans in your country?

--- End quote ---

The only in-person Touhou-only event in the USA is Touhoufest. I think there are meetups at other large conventions, but not sure how many actually happen. I don't think there was one at Sakuracon in Seattle this year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version