~Beyond the Border~ > The Shrinemaiden Café

Favourite Vegetables.

<< < (6/6)

akudan:

--- Quote from: nav on March 01, 2024, 06:45:05 PM ---I had some carrot cake once. It tasted nothing like carrot, which is the main reason why it was edible at all.

--- End quote ---

I once had some carrot cake made from a mix in a box rather than from fresh carrots, so the shredded carrot in the mix was dried.  I thought it would regain some moisture in the baking process, but the bits of carrot in the final product were still quite hard and it wasn't the most pleasant thing to have hard bits of carrot stuck in your teeth. 

Moral of the story:  Use fresh carrots in carrot cake!

Branneg Xy:

--- Quote from: akudan on March 01, 2024, 11:29:39 PM ---I once had some carrot cake made from a mix in a box rather than from fresh carrots, so the shredded carrot in the mix was dried.  I thought it would regain some moisture in the baking process, but the bits of carrot in the final product were still quite hard and it wasn't the most pleasant thing to have hard bits of carrot stuck in your teeth. 

Moral of the story:  Use fresh carrots in carrot cake!

--- End quote ---

Favourive(s) and/or interesting and/or flavorful Spices, Local or national or ethnic or communal or naturalized.... of the vegetable(or mostly arou. d) vtype or blend.

Mine are or would be, also by parts(also ITAlian), of the genus Rosemary, Oregano,Thyme, and( surely  inserted in ITAly from mostly EU gretaer area but not originally, or if so more or less lost in time) Nutmev

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version