~Beyond the Border~ > The Shrinemaiden Café

Why is this forum feels like a ghost town?

(1/3) > >>

SeroVich:
I just wanna talk with others...

Felis-Licht:

--- Quote from: SirtheBastard on August 28, 2023, 06:03:38 PM ---I just wanna talk with others...

--- End quote ---
Discord took over and made it so everyone discusses stuff out of sight in private communities.

williewillus:

--- Quote from: SirtheBastard on August 28, 2023, 06:03:38 PM ---I just wanna talk with others...

--- End quote ---

Just log in and talk more and encourage others to do the same.

Discord has destroyed the modern web by pushing all communication to private and locked down spaces.

When Discord inevitably gets bought out or goes out of business in 20 years (never say never, it's a matter of when not if), all of that culture and communication will just vanish forever.

Here at least we have the well-funded Internet Archive (you should donate) to index and keep the discussion alive for posterity.

Forums, self-hosted wikis, and other non-chat spaces are so important, so be the change you want to see.

If you want a discussion topic, I'll ask how long you've been a fan and which game you started with.

SeroVich:

--- Quote from: williewillus on August 29, 2023, 05:03:46 AM ---Just log in and talk more and encourage others to do the same.

Discord has destroyed the modern web by pushing all communication to private and locked down spaces.

When Discord inevitably gets bought out or goes out of business in 20 years (never say never, it's a matter of when not if), all of that culture and communication will just vanish forever.

Here at least we have the well-funded Internet Archive (you should donate) to index and keep the discussion alive for posterity.

Forums, self-hosted wikis, and other non-chat spaces are so important, so be the change you want to see.

If you want a discussion topic, I'll ask how long you've been a fan and which game you started with.

--- End quote ---

I'll try my best.

cloudshift:
We aren't gone here and small forums everywhere are like this
but things could still change, at least it's alive

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version